pogre's model and figure thread

ledded

Herder of monkies
pogre said:
Here is a lich I recently painted. I bought a new camera – I just need to get some more lights and an appropriate background. My players need not concern themselves, this lich was a commission from a friend.

Nice work man! I especially like the detail on the robes, and how you provided distinct highlights/seperation between the ribcage/bone areas and the robes. Really makes it stand out.

Did you use any blending techniques on the robes, or is that careful drybrushing/washing?

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
ledded said:
Did you use any blending techniques on the robes, or is that careful drybrushing/washing?

Thank you Ledded.

The robe was blended using vallejo extender. I was very happy with the results. Wet blending is the subject of my next miniature painting article on d20 Magazine Rack. I think my approach is easy enough for anyone to try and obtain excellent results quickly.

ledded

Herder of monkies
pogre said:
Thank you Ledded.

The robe was blended using vallejo extender. I was very happy with the results. Wet blending is the subject of my next miniature painting article on d20 Magazine Rack. I think my approach is easy enough for anyone to try and obtain excellent results quickly.

Interesting. I've tried some blending techiniques that worked well on large terrain, but never could get it to work like I liked on minis... the paint either got thinned too much or dried/stiffenned too quickly and was completely frustrating. I've done OK with it a couple times but most of the time it was such a pain in the *** that I stopped trying. But that was before I started using Vallejo too. So you've had good results with vallejo extender?

I look forward to seeing your article.

pogre

Legend
PMT 11
Contest Winner Paulewaug’s Figure
Progress Pics

Remember all thumbs are links to larger pictures.

I promised some step-by-step pictures of Paulewaug’s figure being painted. I thought since I am trying to do my best possible paint job on this figure I would track my time as well.

Here is the figure Paulewaug sent me. I removed a fair amount of flash and polished some rough bits down. Time 45 minutes.

Employing some green stuff I attach the figure to the base. Time 10 minutes.

The figure is hand primered white. Time 7 minutes.

Flesh base is painted on. Time 9 minutes.

Metal, leather, and armor bits are undercoated black. Time 14 minutes.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

paulewaug

:eek:
Wow pogre! That looks pretty great already!
I hadn't realised there was that much flash on the character...(sorry)

But man you got a lot done already!
I realize that you listed the painting done so far as being "flesh base" and "undercoated black" (leather etc.) but it is already looking pretty sweet!

woohoo!! :D

besides not being able to wait and see it "in the flesh" I can hardly wait to see it show up on your story hour!

pogre

Legend
PMT 12
Contest Winner Paulewaug’s Figure 2
Progress Pics

More progress pics:

Flesh inked and base leather painted. Time 22 minutes.

Base hair color painted. Time 7 minutes.

I got my lich and dire boar yesterday Pogre and I must say those are the best painted minis I've ever owned or anyone in my group has ever seen. Jealousy abounds in my group now. Of course I told them all I would be using them every chance I get. :D

Thanks for the awesome job!

pogre

Legend
PMT 13
Contest Winner Paulewaug’s Figure 3
Progress Pics

More progress pics:

Leather areas worked on, base coat on necklace and cape. I stopped keeping track of time. Next up – some flesh work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases