pogre's model and figure thread

Scorpio616

First Post
Layers of two-part epoxy over a textured streambed.
Ah, cool. I've been experimenting with floor finishes for water effects trying to find a balance between cost, easy of use, cost, durability and cost.

Here is a recent experiment with a pathfinder prepainted gug. Popped off the base, flipped the base, dremeled some texture on, painted some colour contrasts and then good ol' Future Floor finish.

water test.JPG

Edit:
A Reaper Anti-Palidin:
pogre.com/2013_monique_02.jpg
Got any suggestions for covering that boob window? Reaper bits, jewelry findings, etc.?

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Edit:
Got any suggestions for covering that boob window? Reaper bits, jewelry findings, etc.?

I've thought about this and I do not have a brilliant suggestion. I probably would just paint it as a blouse as there is clear separation between this area and the armor.

I am still painting. Struggling through with a large group of crossbowmen right now. Once I finish those I'll paint something more interesting.

pogre

Legend
My 10-year old son Stevie has been running some of the retro-clone Labyrinth Lord. He was asking if I could get hime some Master Maze. I said I would make him some. So I grabbed some Hirst Arts blocks and whipped him up a small set. A good small project for one of our many snow days here in the midwest of the U.S.
2014_01_stevie_dungeon_maze.jpg

I also finally finished the 32 crossbowmen I was working on. I made some custom movement trays for the figures too.
2014_01_crossbowmen.jpg

Next up are a couple of night goblin fanatics and a group of Mercs for a commission.

Miniature Count for 2014: 34

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks for continuing with all the great posts and pics! :)

Did you scratch build those trays or customize some from a regular manufacturer? When you get the chance, an you add some details on your process either way? Thanks in advance! :)

pogre

Legend
Thanks for continuing with all the great posts and pics! :)

Did you scratch build those trays or customize some from a regular manufacturer? When you get the chance, an you add some details on your process either way? Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks!

These are GW trays. I customized it by priming it black and then I put white glue on the edges and covered it in sand. I then inked the sand dark brown and drybrushed with a couple of lighter browns. I superglued a bit of turf on the edges and that's it. Super easy - just like basing figures.

pogre

Legend
A lame update:

I am hip-deep in football season right now, but I have a cool project to share with you this winter. I also purchased a lot of new paints and models over the summer that I plan to bust out after the playoffs in late November.

I finished up those mercs some time ago - but I have a couple more squads to paint.

It's amazing how old this thread is - when I started it my oldest was a toddler - now he is playing for me. Wow!

pogre

Legend
January 3, 2015

I have been mostly working on some mundane terrain, but I have managed to paint a few figures. First up are a couple of gobbos:
2015_mini_04_goblin.jpeg

2015_mini_03_swinging_goblin.jpeg

Next up is a Reaper Bone figure that I painted for my son's old school D&D campaign - it's my cleric, Herodotus:
2015_mini_02_cleric.jpeg

Finally, I hesitated to show you this last figure, because frankly it is a disaster. The paint is too thick, and it is a great example of how even a solid painter can really screw up a nice figure. I don't ever strip figures - I just finish it and throw it in the gaming cabinet. I may purchase it again in the future and try again. Oh well, at least it has paint on it...
2015_mini_01_vamp.jpeg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases