pogre's model and figure thread

Greg K

Legend
This stuff is awesome. I definitely need to show this to my friend. He does all the minatures stuff for our group.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
PMT 14
Contest Winner Paulewaug’s Figure 4
Progress Pics

Remember all thumbs are links to larger pictures.

More progress pics:

The figure is finally starting to shape up. I put a few more hours in and have completed the flesh and have started working on the cape.

pogre

Legend
PMT 15
Barbarian Commission

This character figure was completed as a commission piece for a friend. The photography washed out a bit of the subtle flesh highlights, but I think it’s a nice figure. The miniature was made by Grenadier I believe, and is long out of production.

pezagent

First Post
pogre said:
Hey, thanks!:)

As far as the cavern sets go - no not really. I have a floor piece I am working on - I just have to make an RTV of my model. The walls would be difficult to cast in rtv and have look "right." I would like to make a modular system to create mines and caverns, but I am stumped on the walls.

Hi pogre,

I was reading your thread and came across this part--I was wondering what you meant by having trouble with the walls... I'm sure you've thought about using RTV on an actual rock? Building molds like this is used in model railroading... you could make a wall modular by using a seemless tiling technique where you take a wall, cut it in half and reverse the pieces, then resculpt the middle part. This way you have a wall that pretty much can be modular as the connecting pieces will always match.

I'm not sure if this was what you were talking about but maybe it will help.

Great stuff. Where's your story hour? I'd like to see this in action!

Happy holidays,

/johnny :)

pezagent

First Post
pogre said:
PMT 14
Contest Winner Paulewaug’s Figure 4
Progress Pics

Hi pogre,

I hope you don't mind, but I just love your stuff, and I thought it deserved a more "dramatic" background. I hope you enjoy this pic as much as I enjoy your figures! Merry Xmas :)

pezagent

First Post
Sorry, the edit of the last post didn't take the picture (grumble)...

Attachments

• render_by_Johnny.jpg
    render_by_Johnny.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 593

pogre

Legend
pezagent said:
Hi pogre,

I was reading your thread and came across this part--I was wondering what you meant by having trouble with the walls... I'm sure you've thought about using RTV on an actual rock? Building molds like this is used in model railroading... you could make a wall modular by using a seemless tiling technique where you take a wall, cut it in half and reverse the pieces, then resculpt the middle part. This way you have a wall that pretty much can be modular as the connecting pieces will always match.

Good Thoughts! I have put the project on the backburner for some other things I am working on, but I will keep it mind.

pezagent said:
Great stuff. Where's your story hour? I'd like to see this in action!

Right here:pogre's new story hour. The great news is you can read the whole thing, because I pretty much killed the party off ;).

A lot of the stuff I am working on is related to the new campaign. I especially have a few projects that are going to make the players gasp when they hit the table. :D Needless to say I cannot post them here - just yet...

Thank you for the awesome background for the miniature! I certainly don't mind - it got me pumped. I appreciate your efforts very much.

pezagent

First Post
Hi Pogre,

pogre said:
The great news is you can read the whole thing, because I pretty much killed the party off ;).

Ha ha, that's awesome (in a funny sort of way)...
A lot of the stuff I am working on is related to the new campaign. I especially have a few projects that are going to make the players gasp when they hit the table. :D Needless to say I cannot post them here - just yet...

Cool beans... love to see some more work. Stuff like this really gets me excited about the hobby... totally :D
Thank you for the awesome background for the miniature! I certainly don't mind - it got me pumped. I appreciate your efforts very much.

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not too much effort--I make comps for ad agencies for a living so all I do all day is work in Photoshop... I like putting these minitures against a dramatic backround--it's fun :) Maybe if I can find more I can start a new thread for "fan art."

If you celebrate them--happy holidays!

pogre

Legend
PMT 16
Squig Head

Well, I am going to have to splurge on those lights this week. It appears my commission for this bad boy has fallen through and so he is headed for ebay - which will require better photography to get a decent price. I do not use mind flayers in my game generally. Still, a very nice figure from Reaper.

Last edited:

pezagent

First Post
pogre said:
Well, I am going to have to splurge on those lights this week.

Sweet! Dude!

What do you mean by lights? What sort of setup are you using? :?

I couldn't resist the power of the Mind Flayer... he commanded me to make more fan art!

Attachments

• flayer_johnny.jpg
    flayer_johnny.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 529

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases