pogre's model and figure thread

Holy Bovine

First Post
You make me feel small and inadequate ;)

Seriously these are some fantastic paint jobs. Very nice work (I love the Mind Flayer you have - I got the same one! Course mine is still in Primer White :()

hwoolsey

First Post
Holy Bovine said:

Seriously these are some fantastic paint jobs. Very nice work (I love the Mind Flayer you have - I got the same one! Course mine is still in Primer White :()

Yeah, he comes over to my house, knows I haven't touched a brush in years, looks at the bare metal all over my game room, pulls out these amazing figures, and asks when I'm going to start painting again.

Sheesh!

Talk about something that robs me of all interest in painting - comparing my pathetic efforts to Pogre's (me comparing them, not him - he's too nice a guy to do something that would so easily crush my spirits).

Hank Woolsey
(Gerhard, the only survivor of Pogre's New Story Hour)

pogre

Legend
Holy Bovine said:

Thank you for the compliment. You know everything looks better painted no matter how far you go. Making time for it can be tough - for instance I should be painting right now.

hwoolsey said:
Talk about something that robs me of all interest in painting - comparing my pathetic efforts to Pogre's (me comparing them, not him - he's too nice a guy to do something that would so easily crush my spirits).

Thanks for the compliments Hank. As Hank knows though, I am striving to catch up with another good friend of ours. His work is unbelievable, and the sad part is I am the one that got him into the hobby ;)

Now you two go grab your brushes and put some color to the pewter!

ledded

Herder of monkies
pogre said:
Remember that article? It is finally posted over at

d20 Magazine Rack

Thanks for the reminder. A very good article, I've used similar techniques doing washes and glazes, they would work better using an extender I bet.

On the flip side of that, have you (or anyone else) here ever used alchohol in your washes to do the opposite (get them to dry faster, allowing you to make a thinner wash that wont 'bleed out' as it drys on a fig)? It's a trick I learned from a railroad modeler that works pretty cool sometimes.

pogre

Legend
ledded said:
Thanks for the reminder. A very good article, I've used similar techniques doing washes and glazes, they would work better using an extender I bet.

On the flip side of that, have you (or anyone else) here ever used alchohol in your washes to do the opposite (get them to dry faster, allowing you to make a thinner wash that wont 'bleed out' as it drys on a fig)? It's a trick I learned from a railroad modeler that works pretty cool sometimes.

No, but you have me intrigued. I could foresee some interesting multi-glazing applications using that technique. hmmm...

pogre

Legend
PMT 17
Beholder

Remember all thumbs are links to larger pictures.

Hey, a couple of pics to show you I’m still working on minis. I snapped these at my workbench – I’ll post better pictures later. I’m also painting a bunch of Grendel dungeon and tavern furniture. Very cool stuff – I’ll post some of it later as well.

Very cool! I've got the Hackmaster Beholder at home that I can't bring myself to paint yet, I don't want to ruin it. Your beholder makes me want to paint it even more. Thats the Reaper Beholder, isn't it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases