D&D 5E (OOC) Greenmtn's Planescape game

Greenmtn

Explorer
For now this is closed until I find out who of those I invited are able to participate. I might open it up to recruiting before the game starts.

This game will be starting in Sigil, Before the Faction War. I will be combining ideas implanted into my brain by a cranium rat with ideas from printed adventures in hopes to give you a lot of latitude on what you would like to do while giving enough direction that it will hopefully keep moving.

CHARACTORS:

4d6 Drop the lowest, standard array if you roll poorly enough that you want to use that instead other than that generation is pretty much by the books. (Please include link to online roles or a screenshot in RG post)

Anything not in the Planescape book we are using (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FJBMbPnQ9ejZ-vJ9qQPnJrSjutgZbOdm) or an official 5e book run by me, we can talk about it.

OTHER

You can use coyotecode.net for rolls of the forums dice roller (I have better luck with coyotecode)

Most if not all of you have played games with me before and know that I am often fast and loose with the rules, I want you to have fun and I'm gloriously imperfect.

Talk here to work on your characters or party makeup or on facebook where we were talking if you like.

Once I get a look at characters and answer any questions you have I will get a first post up in an In Character thread.

House rules:
1. You are not limited to 1 inspiration die at a time, I am working on extra things that you can use these for and their uses will be flexible
2. Many of the optional rules for Planar travel from the DMG will be used, some tweeked, we will address them as you travel to those places
3. Magic on the Planes: Magic will be stronger or weaker depending on the plane you are on. I will keep this minimal and simple to keep in theme with 5e but think it was a nice way to ad character to the setting.

We are going to see how these work, if they don't we will drop them (My intention is to use this for physical attacks as well):
Planes of Law - Damage or healing values take the average instead of rolling
Planes of Chaos - Every Spell has a chance of an unexpected affect, Critical Hits and misses are increased Hit 19-20 Miss 1-2. Each Spell has a chance of activating a random affect.

I want you guys to figure most of these things out during play as discovering them can be fun. Most will be as simple as asking someone or a skill check to figure out.

Very much a work in progress but I will try to make sure it's fun for everyone.

POSTING

Lets aim for 1 post per person every 1-3 days for now and adjust that as peoples schedules dictate.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Link to the Rogues Gallery to post your characters in: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?603264-Greenmtn-s-Planescape-(RG)&p=7293793#post7293793

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Blasteel, Your character is almost done. I'll have it up hopefully today and then before Friday night I will have the first post up for you guys to start playing.

tglassy

Adventurer

Greenmtn

Explorer
Off was just a form fillable character sheet. If you want it I can send it when I get back to a computer. Ill send you a link to the material i am using for character options.

Remove ads