Do we need Superior Weapons? What about a Superior Expertise to replace it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Yes, and yes. I never thought superior weapons added anything good to the game myself. They just became the standard weapons but with weird names and a feat tax.

Using the 4 feats above yup it allows martial techniques to stand alongside existing superior weaponry... and even gets to upgrade them military weapons to superior performance without playing name games. Although I kind of like calling my Superior Khopesh an Arytoth (war fang - in one Dragon Language)

Using the 4 feats above yup it allows martial techniques to stand alongside existing superior weaponry... and even gets to upgrade them military weapons to superior performance without playing name games. Although I kind of like calling my Superior Khopesh an Arytoth (war fang - in one Dragon Language)

And so you should, but its a fluff thing, much like using a 'Daikyu' instead of a 'longbow' or a 'katana' instead of a 'long sword'.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And so you should, but its a fluff thing, much like using a 'Daikyu' instead of a 'longbow' or a 'katana' instead of a 'long sword'.

Or bastard sword ... ie yes the flavorful distinctions which really arent can be leveraged as story flavor ... such as the Arytoth being what the khopesh are called in the southern continent by the barbarians called the dragon clans.

And bastard blades become the name of any versatile weapon as called by the Dalesmen

Last edited:

Or bastard sword ... ie yes the flavorful distinctions which really arent can be leveraged as story flavor ... such as the Arytoth being what the khopesh are called in the southern continent by the barbarians called the dragon clans.

And bastard blades become the name of any versatile weapon as called by the Dalesmen

Well, don't get me started on DnD's mangling of sword names. lol. Suffice it to say that in this area EGG's scholarship failed him miserably.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well, don't get me started on DnD's mangling of sword names. lol. Suffice it to say that in this area EGG's scholarship failed him miserably.

Color me convinced that my idea of pulling out the feats from the items is solid. The feats are more versatile and make the empowerment a part of the hero not his toys.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases