Curse You 3.5! Curse You To Heck!

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Okay...earlier in the year I had sworn of D&D. I had suffered from extreme burnout. I had even gone so far as to get rid of all of my D&D books because I had planned to not play it again. Exalted, Deadlands (classic) and Mutants & Masterminds had my attention.

When 3.5 came out, I looked at the threads about all the changes. I decided there was nothing particularly worth my going back

[Despite how it sounds, I really didn't have anything *against* D&D, I just wasn't planning to go back to it]

So, the other day, I get bored. I pull up the handy dandy ol' SRD for 3.5, whip out my old campaign setting and figure "what the heck, I'll update it."

Curse 3.5. Now I'm planning on getting the books and running D&D again.

Granted, I rule 0'd some stuff so I didn't have to worry about getting so burned out again, but I'm hooked now. Feh!

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Curse 3.5. Now I'm planning on getting the books and running D&D again.[/B]

Welcome to the collective. Your implant will be delivered shortly. Resistance is not futile, but if you buy 3.5 books at least you won't get the shakes.

Bagpuss

Legend
Chris_Nightwing said:
Bagpuss, at least give some credit to who found the image, tsk tsk!

Oh yeah erm Photo courtesy of Stephane Desrosiers :D

Okay, okay I saw it via Nutkinland and SmokestackJones post.

Will

First Post
I don't know what you find icky about D&D, but in case you're curious, here are my 3/3.5 houserules:

You don't die. When you go below -10, you are dramatically 'downed.' In recovery you have to subtract 2 from ability scores (your choice). This can only be recovered by a Greater Restoration.

It hasn't come up just yet, but I think I'll also require a day of rest or something, regardless of healing. Mmm.

I hatehatehate the whole easy death/resurrection thing in D&D.

The other houserule is that alignment spells only apply to creatures with alignment subtypes or items that are specifically holy/unholy, and so forth. A paladin shows up as good, a devil shows up as evil, and the vast majority of people show up as nothing in particular.

Bagpuss

Legend
Yeah I hate the whole death/resurrection thing as well so I just removed all the raise dead type spells. Well unless you count coming back as a zombie.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases