[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - OOC

Rybaer

First Post
This is the OOC thread for the Siege on Ebonring Keep game, utilizing only the Arcana Unearthed rules. As this system is quite new to all involved, I'd like to keep the gameplay a bit on the light-handed side. In other words, very open on rule feedback in the event things are overlooked by the players and (especially) me.

We'll try to keep posting daily if possible, or at least every other day. Weekends are generally slower, which is okay. If a player habitually falls behind on posts, I will ask him or her to step aside for another player.

Couple guidelines for recruiting and character creation:

1. I will take six players (priorities for some as noted below).

2. Characters are 1st level, built on 25 pt buy per DM Guide.

3. Max starting gold (200 GP).

4. Character background should be included, but I'm okay with it being kinda vague. I'd like to stick with the Diamond Throne background, but obviously there isn't much info available on that yet. I'll post some hints on the local region from SoEK in a bit.

5. No alignment, per AU rules, but please refrain from playing a chaotic or evil personality. The heroes in this game will be expected to be...well, heroic...at least to a degree. (Hint: probably best to avoid playing a Champion of Death. Also, mojh are scarcely tolerated in this region.)

Based on responses to the original AU recruiting thread and to this recruiting thread, the following people are now confirmed in:

Kajamba Lion
rangerjohn
garyh
Cordo
mirthcard
ShadowX

If you didn't get in, please check this thread . There are several other AU games in the planning stages and there should be plenty of spots opening in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
COOL!

I'm in, but I don't have the book and it looks like it's gonna be awhile before I do. I guess I'll be playing a Giant Greenbond, since they are the only free downloads on Monte's site :D

Also, 28 pt buy is pretty standard, but I haven't seen 25 pt buy before. Not upset with the choice, just wondering why...

Jay

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Good deal, Rybaer. :) I'll have something up tonight or tomorrow. I'm still thinking that a Litorian Oathsworn is the way that I want to go, but let me think about it. I'd be willing to change my class preference to accomodate others as well.

Best,
tKL

garyh

First Post
I was interested in a Giant Warmain, but since mirthcard jumped on Giant, I'll try something different. But.... dang, I just can't pick, there are so many cool things to choose from!

I'll wait and see what else fill out race- and class-wise, and then fill a gap. One definite: I'm NOT playing a human! :p

Hammerhead

Explorer
Uh...Count me in if mirthcard, Wizwyrm, ShadowX, Raysilver, and Godzilla don't show.

And 25 point buy is the so-called standard array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, or some kind of variation on the above numbers.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
garyh said:
I'll wait and see what else fill out race- and class-wise, and then fill a gap. One definite: I'm NOT playing a human! :p

See, if I don't play a Litorian (which is definitely my first choice), I'd probably play a human. :D Oh—if anyone's interested, I'm thinking of having my oathsworn be sworn to protect another member of the party. Anyone interested in a Litorian bodyguard?

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
Uh...Count me in if mirthcard, Wizwyrm, ShadowX, Raysilver, and Godzilla don't show.

And 25 point buy is the so-called standard array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, or some kind of variation on the above numbers.

Hey HH!

mirthcard has shown, cuz I'm the one who asked the question you answered ;) :D

As for the standard array, I was just going by the games I've played here which were either 28 or 32 pt buy. Hadn't seen anyone do 25 pt before, but now I know. Thanks!

Jay

Rybaer

First Post
No big rush on character creation. It'll be at least a week before I'm ready to start play. Mirthcard - you may need a little help with your initial feat selection, not to mention spells. We'll see what we can do until you get the book.

The 25 pt buy was based on the standard array. I wanted to give y'all a little more flexibility with assigning the stats, though.

Little bit on geography:

You'll be starting in the city of Lothis. It's a trading center with about 1,200 people, mostly human. They're trying to avoid becoming much bigger...and thus avoid giant stewardship.

To the north is the city Atarin and then De-Shamed (don't know much about these). North and east of the city is the Central Plains, which the litorians occupy and patrol. Northwest is the city Mi-Theron. Both Mi-Theron and De-Shamed are on the Ghostwash river.

To the south are more plains, these are less occupied and more prone to banditry. The city Gahanis lies this way and is the largest in the immediate region. A giant steward controls this city.

To the west lies more plains and then the Ebonring Keep on the edge of the Floating Forest.

You have all heard bits of rumor about a recent military effort to retake the Ebonring Keep from the rhodin that was mostly successful. The rhodin, an unpleasant bestial race that relies on raiding and stealing for survival, have fled the keep. (Note on rhodin: they're humanoid, dark brown fur, snout, and curved horns. Cowardly in the face of superior forces. Racial enemies of the litorians.)

Remove ads