[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - OOC

reapersaurus

First Post
Rybaer said:
The 25 pt buy was based on the standard array. I wanted to give y'all a little more flexibility with assigning the stats, though.
You consider 1st level, 25 point buy as you being FLEXIBLE?
LOL

Boy, that approach would land you in the Rat-Bastard DM Hall of Fame. ;)

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
25 pt. buy/standard array isn't that uncommon—both my PbP games have been done using the standard array. It's worked really well so far. :)

Best,
tKL

Rybaer

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Well as I origonallly posted I'll be the totem warrior. What animals are in the book?

The totems in the book include: wolf, bear, snake, hawk, shark, and wolverine. I'd advise against playing with a shark totem as you'd be unable to take advantage of many of the special abilities (more suited to a island-hopping campaign).

garyh

First Post
reapersaurus said:
You consider 1st level, 25 point buy as you being FLEXIBLE?
LOL

Boy, that approach would land you in the Rat-Bastard DM Hall of Fame. ;)

Technically, it is, Reaper - we could just get the standard array... or, heaven forbid, roll 3d6, placed in the order rolled. :p

So far the tentative lineup:

Mirthcard: Giant Greenbond
Kajamba Lion: Litorian Oathsworn
Cordo: Loresong Faen Magister (probably)
rangerjohn: ??? Totem Warrior
garyh: ???
WizWrm (or another player): ???

rangerjohn: the totem animals in the book are Bear, Hawk, Shark, Snake, Wolf, and Wolverine.

EDIT: Rybaer beat me to the totems! D'oh! ;)

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
[hyjack]Actually, 25 pt IS the standard value. If you look the point buy system up in the DMG, they tell you to divide 25 points. After that comes nonstandard point buy that tells you that other values can be used too, to make characters stronger or weaker than average.[/hyjack]

garyh

First Post
Thels said:
[hyjack]Actually, 25 pt IS the standard value. If you look the point buy system up in the DMG, they tell you to divide 25 points. After that comes nonstandard point buy that tells you that other values can be used too, to make characters stronger or weaker than average.[/hyjack]

Oh, I realize 25 points is both the standard point buy value and the point value of the default array. Personally, I prefer having the 25 points to having the default array, so I agree, this is more flexible than it could have been. Reapersaurus is just being Reapersaurus. ;)

Rybaer

First Post
For those who are confirmed in, feel free to start posting characters here.

I realize that one or more of you may be trying to build characters without the book or by way of the pdf's alone. I'll try to be flexible with this, and the others can chip in with support and suggestions. Hopefully it won't be too big of a problem.

Last edited:

Remove ads