[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - OOC

Hammerhead

Explorer
EarthsShadow said:
I was wondering if ya could use a 7th player, either full time, or part time, and this 7th player (me of course :D ) was wondering if a Human Akashic would fit in with the group?????

I've been trying to get a group together of my own where I live but I'm not having any luck and this is the first thing I have read about a game playing AU, and even if I am a part time player, that's cool. If you guys decide on no, I shall understand that also.

Just askin.

Hey EarthShadow, why don't you head to the back of the line? :)

There seems to be a lot of interest in Arcana Unearthed, and I was tentatively considering starting my own game since I just finished both tabletop games I run for the year.

EarthsShadow

First Post
Hammerhead said:

There seems to be a lot of interest in Arcana Unearthed, and I was tentatively considering starting my own game since I just finished both tabletop games I run for the year.

*looks around quietly*

What line? :)

I'm just speaking up. If you plan on running one also let me know.

WizWrm

First Post
Hammerhead said:

Excellent!

YOU ARE NOW COMMITTED TO RUNNING AN ARCANA UNEARTHED GAME!

Well, maybe not. But I tacked your name onto the 'prospective GMs' list on that other thread, to keep things organized. I can remove it if you change your mind.

Just FYI, at this point there are enough interested players that, when you take Rybaer's Siege of Ebonring Keep game into account, there's enough room for either a single large game or two small games to get everyone interested gaming, assuming no repeat players from Rybaer's game. With you, that makes four free GMs who are potentially willing to run a game in the future, so there are no worries about enough AU to go around.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Just covering my bases and reiterating my commitment to this game, in case my post in the other thread is at all unclear. I'm really looking forward to this one. :)

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
rangerjohn said:
I was looking over the AU boards and now I'm worried, is a lightly armored, melee, combantant really viable in this setting? What with the lack of healing available.

I think so. The lack of healing, as compared to D&D, is intentional AFAIK. No risk, no reward, that sort of thing. Plus, the greenbond can actually heal quite well in addition to other neat powers. Naturally, this is just my opinion. It'll be pretty interesting to find out (said the player of an extremely lightly armored melee combatant).

Best,
tKL

rangerjohn

Explorer
You do realize there is currently no greenbond, only a giant, right. Which makes our only healing lesser transfer wounds from the magister. OOh, thats going a long ways. Which means I see us doing one of two things, either going against our concepts, and going ranged. Or not contributing at all, for fear of dying, I for one would not be looking for healing from a magister, would be happy to get it, but not expecting it.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
I wouldn't sweat the party's weak healing ability too much. For one thing, y'all have a party of 6 rather than the 4 the module is balanced for. That should help spread the pain around a bit. Once the giant hits second level and takes Greenbond 1, the healing capacity of the group will increase dramatically.

As for the viability of a lightly armored fighter...I think it should work just fine. The snake totem warrior gets medium armor and shield proficiencies, not to mention a free +1 AC as well as eventually getting some natural armor. With a little Dex, that puts you in pretty good company. The group will just need to play tactically smart and know when to pull back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases