Hag loot?

Dylan Flynn

First Post
Hey all, I recently survived a round of tomb of annhilation and received a night hag heart stone and an still beating green hag heart. So I have two questions
1. Does the night hag heart stone allow me to turn ethereal as it does for the hag?
2.what if anything can be done with the beating heart? I've heard it can be used in a ritual to give me 1 or more of the hags abilities, is this true? OK 3 questions :p

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey all, I recently survived a round of tomb of annhilation and received a night hag heart stone and an still beating green hag heart. So I have two questions
1. Does the night hag heart stone allow me to turn ethereal as it does for the hag?
2.what if anything can be done with the beating heart? I've heard it can be used in a ritual to give me 1 or more of the hags abilities, is this true? OK 3 questions :p

Welcome to ENWorld :)

1. Canonically, no. At least in 5th edition, no. Having the night hag heart stone deprives the night hag of the ability to use Etherealness. Its touch cures any disease, however.

2. That sounds like a creepy story item that must be unique to ToA. Nothing can be done with a green hag heart in the DMG or MM.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Hags are famous for giving out magical body parts.
For instance, if you need an eyeball, they can give you a new one, better than your old eye most likely, with magical powers and darkvision. All you need is an empty socket.

I see no reason why the heart shouldn't work the same way.

Remove ads