Blocked from a thread?

Irda Ranger

First Post
I had been participating in a thread, and I disagreed with the guy who started it on one point. Now I can't see the thread at all. If he blocks me personally, am I also blocked from seeing and participating threads he started? Is that how it works?

In this case I don't mind, he was just disagreeing with everyone who offered a contrary opinion, so the thread wasn't that fun anyway. I just want to know what happened.

CapnZapp

Legend
I had been participating in a thread, and I disagreed with the guy who started it on one point. Now I can't see the thread at all. If he blocks me personally, am I also blocked from seeing and participating threads he started? Is that how it works?
Yes. Unfortunately.

It creates a form of "thread ownership" where forums usually try hard to discourage such - if I start a thread, I can punish anyone not agreeing with me by throwing them out of "my" thread. Even if the thread has moved on into fruitful discussion with somebody else.

It would have been preferable if the first post of a thread was nothing special.

I hope this special case has a technical database-related cause.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads