Night Below

Seravin

Explorer
Concerning tools and such.
I've been using eTools. For whatever reason it's been easier for me to use. However we're going to break up against it's 20th level barrier for the 3rd book.

Fortunately I like PCGen also - though I'm not as familiar with it
I'm guessing we're going to save these write-ups in stat-block format. I can see PCGen offers a number of different exports - do you have a preference for what I save these into?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
MM statblock is my prefered export template for critters.

As long as we keep our statblocks similar that's all that matters. Now E-tools is definately not 3.5 compatable. PCGen will be it soon but who knows. It's gonna be some manual conversion on our part but overall it will keep us busy.

what other generic questions can we answer from this?

How do you want to divy this up? How soon do you need this done?

Seravin

Explorer
Fair enough. We'll go with the guidelines then.
Given what happened in the CotGP with my players I'm guessing it won't hurt too badly.

Do you want to break up the book by the sections? I'm guessing the city is going to have to be broken into sections also.

The sections as I see them should be
Returning to Friends: Define any DC's or checks the party needs to negotiate with the Svirfneblin, the Rockseers, and accomplishing things on the Surface World.

The Deranged Derro

Rift of the Fire Giants

The Desperate marilith

The Renegade Illithids

The Refugee (and Other Locations)

Szandur's Isle

The Isle of Shadows

Pyramid of Izxan

Other Islands

Shaboath
Preparations
The City Location Key
The Towers
the various Stat Cards

Seravin

Explorer
Heh,
I really need to slow down a bit and give you a chance to answer before I post all willy-nilly. This project has me interested though.

I don't have any hard and fast deadline. I've got three weeks before my next game session and there will be the usual transition period while we wrap up loose ends.

I'm hoping to have the shore-line of the Sunless Sea done by then though (Call it mid-September). It'll take the players a month or two of real time to get through all of them (though wind-walk will make it easier), but I'm never sure which way the players are going to jump.

I'll plan on using PCGen for the conversion then and using the MM statblock.

Completely unrelated, my in-game explanation of converting to 3.5 will be the activation of the Towers in Shaboath. The epic spell that's being prepared will have rippling effects on magic throghout the world.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Returning to Friends: Define any DC's or checks the party needs to negotiate with the Svirfneblin, the Rockseers, and accomplishing things on the Surface World.

this shouldn't be too hard. What DC's we talking about here?

The Deranged Derro

Do 2 statblocks and stagger the HP's accordingly. Not too bad,spells might be a bit fun.

Rift of the Fire Giants

This is a fun one. I love giants. gimme this one.

The Desperate marilith

devils..mine :)

The Renegade Illithids

quite a bit of stuff here

The Refugee (and Other Locations)

jenneleth is cake.

Szandur's Isle

The Isle of Shadows

2 big pain in the ass sections.

Pyramid of Izxan

manta ray casters. This is tough.

Other Islands

Shaboath
Preparations
The City Location Key
The Towers

brutal..utterly brutal i dunno how to break this down.

the various Stat Cards

we going to do these?

Overall this is going to take some severe amount of time to do as well as conversion mess. Which ones you wanna grab.

As for my standpoint, my players are at the end of the CotGP. I dunno when they are going deeper. Prolly very soon.

Last edited:

Seravin

Explorer
Returning to Friends: (I can do this one):
This is a pretty easy one. I'm thinking Diplomacy DC's in case the party has managed to annoy the Svirfneblin.
There's some potential Diplomacy DC's to define with the Rockseers, but that's really endemic to my campaign.
Finally, there's the finding of a suitable sage to get information.

Derranged Derro: (I'll take this one too)

Giants and Demons - Yours (though I have to admit I was looking forward to the demons).
Side question: how are you going to do the Alu-demons? Half Fiend Humans?

Illithids: I'll take

Jellenneth and Other Locations: I'll let you do

Szandur's Isle: I'll let you do

Isle of Shadows: I'll try my hand at this.

Pyramid of Izxan. I can try this one too.
Effectively they're just freshwater Ixitich....<whatever> with some bennies. I can grab the base out of the MM2 and work from there. edit: Just remembered that I can't use MM2. But they do provide a write-up in the enclosed monster book. I'm guessing it should be okay to convert the monster writeups provided in the module?

Let's get these done and then worry about the other islands and the city later. Maybe something will come up or somebody else will volunteer. I'd suggest doing at least some of the stat cards - but not necessarily all. The Grand Savant is on one of the cards for example.

Next question is: Who compiles? Do I send to you? You to me? Either works. I'm guessing we don't want to post the conversion stats without the associated disclaimer and OGL.

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Jellenneth and Other Locations: I'll let you do

Szandur's Isle: I'll let you do

ohhh too kind ;)

alu-demons?

Tome of horrors is your friend here! I THINK it's got that one in there.

Ixzan, if you want to create your own we can. I say mimic the one out of the MM2 and call them Ixxzan and they are fresh water manta rays and not deep sea like in mm2. a few small differences but applicable.

SAve the city for last as it's near epic level of monsters anyway. Those will be tough

As for compiling you can send it my way and I can do it. I've done quite a few of them so they aren't too too bad. Let me know if you want me to.

Seravin

Explorer
Don't mention it. :cool:

Seriously though, I was just eyeballing the level of work and tried to divide accordingly. If you want to trade anything out just let me know. This is a good exercise for me.

I've statted up the derro piece of it and I'm going to send it to you so you can see where I've been going. Suggestions and critiques are appreciated. I've still got the spell lists and treasure conversions to stat, but I'd like your input before I get too far.

- seravin

Seravin

Explorer
Hmmmm. That's disturbing.
Even more disturbing is that I was a semi-complete idjit and sent you the notes page.
I've sent the correct one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases