Night Below

Seravin

Explorer
Frukathka, Nightmask, and noeuphoria, check your emails. What I have is on the way.

As before, there's currently no book 2, however yesterday I got started on the conversion process.

I don't know how long it will take to convert since my vacation already has eight hours of work in it. :confused:

Seravin

Explorer
Hmm. I had forgotten that I had converted the City of the Glass Pool just before my players went in. Here's a sample of one of the dukes.
It uses the 3.0 conversion guidelines.
The levels don't match the module on purpose.
Per the conversion booklet I added up the levels, did whatever divisionary math that was required (divide the second class by 2 then add?), and then reassigned the levels as I thought appropriate. In this case I thought it was more appropriate for the Duke's to keep their spellcasting ability, so I raised their spellcasting level to the minimum required to cast their highest available spells. Remaining levels went to thief. I think it worked out well.

It's worth noting that the first time my players went up against these guys, the dukes all died. Sadly the characters were in a hurry though and had to leave.
Before the next game I had an epiphany. "Self." Said I. "This is a city full of clerics. Does that mean anything?"
And self replied. "Raise Dead." :]

The second encounter was more brutal. Two of the five characters were down to 1hp before that fight was over.

Hurlgaboorg, Male Kuo-Toa Monstrous Humanoid2/Clr9/Rog6: Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic); HD 2d8+2 (Monstrous Humanoid), 9d8+9 (Cleric), 6d6+6 (Rogue); hp 102; Init +4; Spd 20, Swim 50; AC 22; Atk +15 base melee, +16 base ranged; +15 (1d4+4, Bite); +19/+14 (1-10+4, +1 Pincer Staff); +20/+15 (1d8+4, +2 Sword, long); SA: Lightning bolt (Su), Pincer staff (Ex); SQ: Keen sight (Ex), Slippery (Ex), Adhesive (Ex), Resistance: Electricity (Ex), Light blindness (Ex), Amphibious (Ex), Immunity: Paralysis (Ex), Immunity: Poison (Ex), Immunity: Hold spells (Ex); AL NE; SV Fort +11, Ref +17, Will +15; STR 17, DEX 18, CON 13, INT 14, WIS 18, CHA 8.
Skills: Concentration +21, Escape Artist +19, Listen +6, Search +6, Sense Motive +24, Spellcraft +18, Spot +10, Tumble +18, Use Magic Device +19. Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical: Sword, short, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Quick Draw.
Spells Prepared (Clr 6/5/5/4/3/1): 1st - Cause Fear x2, Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds x2, Inflict Light Wounds (d); 2nd - Cure Moderate Wounds, Darkness x2, Hold Person x2, Shatter (d); 3rd - Blindness/Deafness x2, Contagion (d), Locate Object, Prayer; 4th - Divination, Greater Magic Weapon, Inflict Critical Wounds (d), Tongues; 5th - Dispel Good (d), Flame Strike.
Possessions: Lg Steel Shield, (2)Potion of CSW (poisoned)
Weapons: +2 Sword, long;

noeuphoria

First Post
Yes, It's worth noting that in our campaign, the DM left the levels the same, and said all the rogue levels were non-associated. This led to taking one even one duke being a major fight, as they were epic-leveled chars and we were 14th-15th. So I think I like your conversion better.

Direwolf82

First Post
Heya Seravin,

Sorry to be the umpteenth person to bother you with this but could you please email the conversions for Night Below to enrique.bustamante[at]gmail.com ?

I'm running it myself atm converting as I go and the group is about to enter the orc caverns which should prove interesting.

The real interesting twist is running it in Eberron which changes many things (like Maxim surviving for one).

thanks =)

Seravin

Explorer
Direwolf82 said:
Heya Seravin,

Sorry to be the umpteenth person to bother you with this but could you please email the conversions for Night Below to enrique.bustamante[at]gmail.com ?

I'm running it myself atm converting as I go and the group is about to enter the orc caverns which should prove interesting.

The real interesting twist is running it in Eberron which changes many things (like Maxim surviving for one).

thanks =)

Heh. I haven't been in the Conversion forum for awhile. What I have is on it's way. No worries as it's no bother.

I think it's very cool that you're running it in Eberron. I would certainly like to hear some details.
Where in Eberron are you basing it? Who all is in the party? What did they do with Maxim?

-seravin

Direwolf82

First Post
Got the files, thanks a lot for that mate =)

I'm basing the game in northwestern Breland since the country has a decent amount of agriculture and whatnot going. The Carman family is part of house Cannith(slightly removed) and Darius Carman is a Dragonmark heir supervising the mining operations happening around the area. House Vadalis is also in the area and in charge of livestock etc...

Now, the party consists of an elven rogue aiming for dragonmark heir (and using the dragonmark abilities of shadow for absolutely fantastic tactical displays), an adamantine warforged fighter using heavy steel shield and longsword(now having AC 25 at lvl 5 which is damn scary), a gnome cleric of the sovereign host, a human sorcereror who is a follower of the silver flame and a recently joined human warmage.

Now, in regards to Maxim, well, they killed him. It was something I'd failed to notice when I prepared for that one session, and when they actually found him and saw he was a werebear the sorceror demanded they destroy that abomination! I hadn't actually bothered preparing stats for Maxim in werebear form since they were supposed to help him, but in Eberron the lycanthropes being hated as they are I used a werebear straight out of the MM. It was interesting to say the least and I quickly read throughout all 3 books to find any such things I should keep in mind like that, one of them being the drow which I'm just saying are a different type of drow that ran unto Khyber upon the loss of their giant masters.

The whole flavour of the campagin and pacing of it is different given the contacts they have in Milborne (having a representative of house Cannith to order magic items from helps) but it's proven very interesting.

Ozymandias

First Post
Hello Seravin.
I have followed most of this post and would like to see a copy of the conversion of book 3 as well.
I tweaked most of the first book conversion that was posted in the conversion library last year. The party I am running deviated away and eventually broke up. But the current group is 11-13 levels and I am looking at the city of the glass pool and beyond.
Night Below was one of the best campaigns I had ever run (I just started World's Largest Dungeon and it rocks too).

To make a long post short...
Please send me your conversion of the 3rd book to wiz_of_oz_j@yahoo.com

Oz

Seravin

Explorer
I've been on vacation for the last two weeks (l leave Hawaii tomorrow :( ), so that's the reason for the delay.
Let me know if you have any issues opening the attachment with your yahoo mail account.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases