Night Below

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
sent you the rebuttle there via email, looks good, now i am going ot have to work twice as hard to make mine half as nice ;)

Seravin

Explorer
RedShirtNo5 said:
Seravin, Leopold:

I'm starting up a 3.5 Night Below campaign.

I could use your advice in this Return to Night Below thread.

Let me know if you would like any further help here, particularly in converting to 3.5.

-RedShirt

I can help brainstorm a bit. Both Leopold and I were hit by the Real-Life Virus, which causes 6 and 7 day work weeks. Pretty amazing considering that we're on opposite sides of the continent.

Conversion-wise that means neither of us has been overly productive. I think we have about a third of the third book done. Still you can have what brainshare I can manage.

Seravin

Explorer
RedShirtNo5 said:
Seravin, Leopold:

I'm starting up a 3.5 Night Below campaign.

I could use your advice in this Return to Night Below thread.

Let me know if you would like any further help here, particularly in converting to 3.5.

-RedShirt

I can help brainstorm a bit. Both Leopold and I were hit by the Real-Life Virus, which causes 6 and 7 day work weeks. Pretty amazing considering that we're on opposite sides of the continent.

Conversion-wise that means neither of us has been overly productive. I think we have about a third of the third book done. Still you can have what brainshare I can manage.

RedShirtNo5

First Post
I understand the RL situation. I haven't got alot of free time.

I'll probably start with updating the existing 3.0 conversion in the library to 3.5, then modify that material as a base for the Return to campaign. I'll see where I am after that.

-RedShirt

Brisk-sg

First Post
RedShirtNo5 said:
I understand the RL situation. I haven't got alot of free time.

I'll probably start with updating the existing 3.0 conversion in the library to 3.5, then modify that material as a base for the Return to campaign. I'll see where I am after that.

-RedShirt
I am currentlly running a 3.5 version of Night's Below. I have alot of encounter's converted over in a nice format saved on my computer if you are interested. Most of what I have written up is tweaked slightly to make sure there is a consistant challange as my group has massive damage potential (primarily due to me allowing them to buy magic items with the massive wealth they accumulate in the Night Below).

If you are interested in the documents I have I would be happy to send them your way.

I have the following available:

Book 1 (all in Index Card 4x6 Inch format .xls)
------
Broken Spire Keep
Evil Below the Mines
Orcs Below the World

Book 2 (all in Word Format, Normal Paper)
------
Troll Caves
Grell Nest
Monsters at War (Includes Fin Slayer)
The Smooth Caverns
Caves of the Slime Lord

Other
------
NPC List I have created a list of new NPCs (primarily people in Baldur's Gate, where they do their shopping) and NPCs in the Harenshire and there current status in our game. Might provide ideas subplots. Word Format.

Updated Caswell (Thief in Evil Below the Mines, he escaped in my game) for kidnapping of PC wizard.

A couple custom magic items

------

If any of you want these documents for you games send me an e-mail at brisk-sg@comcast.net and I will happily send them your way.

- Josh

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
sounds good 2 me. I second seravin when RL hits you you can't do what ya really wanna do and that's convert this puppy...

Brisk-sg

First Post
Underdark Book and Flux Points

I just got Underdark. While I am still not finished reading the book, it contains alot of rules & monsters that are useful in the Night Below. Just thought I would mention a few thoughts for uses of rules within the book.

The rules on Node Magic (pg 49) are perfect for representing the Flux points in the Night Below. I would outline each of the detailed flux points with the following Node Values:

Grell Nest 8, Class 3
Monsters at War 11, Class 3
Smooth Caverns 8, Class 6
Halls of the Rockseer 1, Class 7

I don't see any other flux points detailed. I think it would be a good idea in many cases to put one or more flux points in the Sunless Sea area to allow quicker movement to the surface, at least if set in Forgotten Realms with the Faerzress messing with Teleport spells.

The Deep Diviner (pg 32) would make a good prestige class for many of the Rockseers, as it would make sense that much of their magical strength is derived from the Flux points. When the Rockseers teach PC(s) to use the Flux Points, the Node Spellcasting Feat (pg 26) can be awarded for free.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases