Night Below

Seravin

Explorer
Brisk-sg said:
I just got Underdark. While I am still not finished reading the book, it contains alot of rules & monsters that are useful in the Night Below. Just thought I would mention a few thoughts for uses of rules within the book.

The rules on Node Magic (pg 49) are perfect for representing the Flux points in the Night Below. I would outline each of the detailed flux points with the following Node Values....<snip>

I have to second Brisk-sg. It's pretty cool.
For the record there are two other flux points in the module for sure - both in book 3. One is in Shaboath and the other is in the Fire Rift on the shores.

Brisk-sg

First Post
Seravin said:
I have to second Brisk-sg. It's pretty cool.
For the record there are two other flux points in the module for sure - both in book 3. One is in Shaboath and the other is in the Fire Rift on the shores.
Right you are. I was trying to find any of the Flux points in book 3 but couldn't find any by glancing through it. Thanks for pointing them out.

Rift of the Fire Giants 5, Class 3
Tower of Summonings 23, Class 4

rangerjohn said:
Could I also have a copy sent to ranger32202@hotmail.com?
Done.

Brisk-sg

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Uh, not to be a pest, but I haven't recieved the files.
Did you receive any e-mail from me? The 1st e-mail I sent didn't include an attachment, but I resent it after I realized I didn't attach the zip file. I had originally done a reply to the e-mail message you sent me on Monday, not realizing that it was a different e-mail address then the one you put in the e-mail. If you are not receiving the e-mail/attachment perhaps we can arrange to send it through ICQ or MSN Instant Messenger or some such. Let me know.

Brisk-sg

First Post
I just started working on the Rockseer elves. I have decided to use the Earth Nodes section of the new Underdark book to represent the Flux Points that are used by the Rockseers. The Deep Diviner prestige class will be prevelent amongst the Rockseers in my campaign. I just finished creating the rules for Rockseer Characters which I will use to make the relevent NPCs.

ROCKSEER CHARACTERS

A cultural focus on magical training and on self-sufficiently sustaining their society has made most Rockseers experts in craftsmanship and magical studies. Most rockseer characters progress as Experts, Fighters, Rogues, Sorcerers, or Wizards. Allmost all rockseer characters will have at least one level of wizard to reflect their cultures reliance on magic to harness the Earth Nodes. There are no clerics, paladins, or divine spell casters in Rockseer society. The Rockseers still carry the shame of their ancestor’s abandonment of their god in the war.
Favored Class: A Rockseer’s favored class is wizard. Magic runs Rockseer society, keeping it hidden from the outside world, and allowing their small society to live off of small caverns that are cut off from the greater underdark.
Prestige Classes: Rockseers favor the Deep Diviner prestige class. Deep Diviner’s call upon the power of the Earth Nodes to keep the Rockseers safe from discovery and harm.

ABILITIES AND RACIAL FEATURES
· -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Rockseer Elves are frailer then many races, relying on their magical abilities for manual labor. Their cautious nature makes them seem anti-social.
· Medium: As medium creatures, Rockseers have no special bonuses or penalties.
· Rockseer base land speed is 30 feet.
· Immunity to purification spells or effects such as Flesh to Stone.
· Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
· Darkvision: Rockseers can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
· Stonecunning: This ability grants a Rockseer a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework. A Rockseer who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a search check as if he were actively searching and a Rockseer can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A Rockseer can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense what way is up.
· Stonewalk (Su): Rockseers can pass through stone and earth as if it were air. They can carry up to twice their own body weight with them in this manner. Rockseers (and anyone carried with them) cannot breathe while within stone or earth and must hold their breath while traveling in this manner.
· Meld into Stone (Su): At will as a 6th level Sorcerer.
· Node Spellcasting: Rockseers gain Node Spellcasting as a bonus feat at 1st level. Rockseers have an innate connection to Earth Nodes.
· Weapon Proficiency: Rockseers receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat for the longsword.
· Level Adjustment +4: Rockseers have the ability to walk through stone and earth and Meld into Stone. They are more powerful and gain levels more slowly then the common races.

Do you think this matches the spirit of the Rockseer Elves in the Night Below? Is the Level Adjustment about right? If not, any sugestions?

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Brisk-sg said:
Did you receive any e-mail from me? The 1st e-mail I sent didn't include an attachment, but I resent it after I realized I didn't attach the zip file. I had originally done a reply to the e-mail message you sent me on Monday, not realizing that it was a different e-mail address then the one you put in the e-mail. If you are not receiving the e-mail/attachment perhaps we can arrange to send it through ICQ or MSN Instant Messenger or some such. Let me know.

Nope, no email at all.

Never mind just checked the Yahoo account. I usually just use yahoo for groups and bookmarks. Thanks.

Last edited:

Brisk-sg

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Can you send the xls files in word? Thanks

Update: Also, a couple of the word files do not open.
The XLS files cannot easily be converted into Word Documents in their current Format. I have each NPC/Monster stated out on its own spreedsheet in a card format (Rather handy). For the second book I decided to go with just a normal document due to ease of typing and running out of index cards. I recommend using http://www.enworld.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=283 for the 1st book instead. I think most of the encounters in the conversion are a little too easy for a well optimized group, but it is a decent conversion document. I will go ahead and compile the what I have on the second book into one RTF file and send that too you. You should be able to open that without problems.

Last edited:

Brisk-sg

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Can you send the xls files in word? Thanks

Update: Also, a couple of the word files do not open.
Alright, I consolidated the second book it into one document, saved it as HTML, and pasted it in the body of the e-mail message. You should be able to open that without any problem. I sent it to both of your e-mail accounts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases