Pathfinder 1E INTEREST/RECRUIT - TIDERULER - THE FALL OF LAHOLT (HIGH-LEVEL CHARS)

Zyara just tried to trip him AGAIN. Did he softfall AGAIN? I can't post the rest of her turn without knowing if he fell or not. My post so far says I'm waiting for GM response.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Also, re-read the post. I had considered the last attack as out of reach since he soft falls out of Zyara's range. But it makes sense to roll a trip against him, since the actions happen in sequence. So Zyara crits him bringing him down. But you could just consider the CMD against your roll at that level - no need for me to roll a defense, since he couldn't escape the trip on him, only the effects of the horse trip - he only soft falls once and the crit's against his CMD. So you never needed me for the second one. :)

Archon Basileus

First Post
Well, the way I see it, he only gets to soft fall when you target the horse. If you go for him, it's against his CMD. And I missed one important thing: his own trip happens at the same attack group as the horse's trip. Rule-wise I thing Zyara basically tried to unhorse the rider as the horse fell. I had it backwards when I thought I had to land the rider and then apply Zyara's attack.

AB, Flurry of blows is very descriptive.

Shay, This is still round 2. Zyara acted early in round 2. I don't remember the rest of the initiatives though.

Remove ads