Looking for 3.5/PF Player(s) in Fremont (Bay Area), CA

Oryan77

Adventurer
• About the game/us
We're looking for 2-3 [dedicated] players to join our existing Planescape D&D 3.5 game (we're currently level 9). Inexperienced players are welcome & encouraged to join!

Most (but not all) 3.5 classes from any official WotC book are available for use including Pathfinder core classes. It's a planar game, so I also provide a long list of available races to choose from. Currently, the PCs are on an epic quest to collect the remaining segments to the Rod of Seven Parts, figure out how to assemble them, use the rod to stop a massive Giant invasion vs the dwarves of Mt. Clangeddin on Arcadia, all the while trying to evade the Eye of Eight, a collective of 8 Thoughts of Vecna leaders and their respective cultist servants.

We currently try to play every other week on Saturday from 2pm-12am or whenever a player needs to leave.

We are highly allergic to powergamers, rules lawyers, & argumentative players and due to doctors orders, we cannot play with those player types. Fun, friendly, easy going, clean, and awesome players are most certainly welcome. We're a laid back bunch that just want to roleplay some Planewalking characters, smack around the bad guys (sometimes the annoying good guys), laugh and have a good time, and yet still take the game somewhat seriously without making a complete mockery of things.

I have a pretty elaborate setup in our private game room using an LCD TV as a battlemat and way too many miniatures to use on top of it. We run Maptools to display maps and keep track of combat details along with playing background music for ambience. I'm still not sure if I do this because it's cool, or because it makes up for any DMing skills I may be lacking. Whatever keeps people at the table other than my shackles, right?

• More boring details
All you need to bring is a great attitude. We can provide dice, pencils, and everything else. Feel free to bring food/drinks. We have a dedicated refrigerator for the group.

Since this is a private game played at my house, I would need to meet you in advance in a public place (Starbucks always works). I want to make sure you are comfortable with me before we play as much as I want to get a feel for you. No, you do not need to buy me a coffee. No, I probably won't buy you a coffee. Yes, people that overhear our conversation will think we are about to go on a quest to save Earth.

• Important to know
The game is held at a family home, so absolutely no drugs are allowed. Moderate drinking is fine. Actually, I always seem to be the only one having a drink. Someone have a drink with me, please! Smoking/vaping (tobacco) is ok outside. I keep my wife and kids in the shed outside while we play. So they will not be a bother. Just throw some peanut butter sandwiches under the door and they are good to go.

Feel free to message me with any questions you may have. Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases