D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

mike peabody

First Post
url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=195047]Religion: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
[/url

"The perimortem contusion notwithstanding, there is little to ascribe to cause of death and outward expressions of physical illness are not present. While it is early to assume foul play, I could not help but notice that, immediately prior to expiration, this person seemed to be compulsively reciting the names of several Demon Lords, particularly those associated with disease, darkness, and inhuman intelligence. But that may be irrelevant. Leau, if it helps with your concerns, I can attempt an autopsy with my medical training. In fact, that sounds kind of fun!"

Greenmtn

Explorer
The Hive

Lex goes through the seemingly endless options of links between the names and comes to a few possible conclusions. Something Demonic is the reason for this poor sod going barmy, or there is a .01% chance that the Demon Lords are uniting for some reason, most probably related to the Blood War. He is about to speak up when he hears a voice.

"Hey, hey, this is our kip, that deader's ours go away. Tom, Tom we got one."
Turning to look at the sound of the voice you see entering the alley a dirty man, dressed in what looks like discarded cloths or scraps of clothing meant for other people, none of it without stain or wholes, and none of it fitting properly.
You can make out the shapes of 5 more humanoid figures behind him but details are blurred by the rain and light fog. You calculate his tone and posture to be possessive, and unfriendly but not hostile.

Last edited:

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau's head turns, carefully not quickly, to glance at the new guests. Then back, and he keeps his voice low. "So... head stuff. Probably not contagious, then?" He lifts a brow at Ashir. "Friends of yours? Foraging in the city is so much different than what I'm used to."

blaststeel

Explorer
Ashir grins at Leau and replies quietly enough to not be overheard. "Figured you knew him.” Than talking to Ezra. “ Dustmen?" Looking at the nasty man to the body and the handful behind Ashir remembers why he and Ezra were out in the rain. "I may know an unsavory lot but they have better things to do than drag barmy corpses. As treacherous as any but everyone got to forage however they can. Still why not make friends vs enemies. Ezra lets ask those questions from earlier.”
“Aye friend. He is all yours if you happen to tell us why there be so few dead these days?” Ashir tries his best at polite and civil while walking past Leau towards the rag covered man. “Just seems hmm.” He crossed his arms and puts one hand to hold his chin and does his best to look like he thinking but confused. “ You know what I mean right?” He asks in an open ended question to the rag man. " Mean I got this one for ya." He smiles but Ashir is expecting a fight.

Greenmtn

Explorer
The Hive

Ezra seems about to speak and then steps aside, lighting another cigarette and staying quiet.

As Ashir starts asking his questions he notices the man get nervous, and start glancing over his shoulder.

As the others step forward they all look the same, filthy, unfed, dressed in rags one, carries a book that is half falling apart, he is the one that speaks. They seem unarmed except for one with a crude club that looks like it was once a part of a crate.

"Calm yourself Rig, Look at 'ir cloths, Not collecters. To fancey. Not ev'n from aroun' here. Ya lost?"

"Questions, questions yer fancy mimir can't anwer huh?"
He nods in Lex's direction

"Hive's never short on deaders. Answerin' questions is bad for yer health 'roun here. Could be worth it for the right jink."

OOC:
Depending on how you want to approach this conversation you should include a persuasion, intimidation, deception check with what ever you say. I'll adjust the difficulty on my end based on what you are trying to find out and what methods you use.

Greenmtn

Explorer
The First Deader

[sblock=Ander] It had been a long day and the warm meal was welcome, you convinced yourself that you would have the one drink offered in thanks, after all it would be rude not to. The events in between dinner, that first drink and now all blur together as you stumble between two buildings in the small village to relieve yourself. The world spins things going by faster than you feel your body moving, you touch your numb face as you lean on the wall you are peeing on. It seems odd to you that it feels like cold stone, you are sure that the village was made of wattle and daub buildings. The cold feeling of the stone, mixes with a strange thick fog that has rolled in and stirs your stomach and you throw up, narrowly avoiding your own feet. Wiping your mouth you look up off in the distance, down a stone alleyway you see men standing around what looks like a crate on some kind of stand. The world around you still uneasy. [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION][/sblock]

The man with the book looks to the others in the group, apparently confused and possibly disturbed by the Modron's behavior.
"Not goin' anywhere w' ya. Ya wanna deal in the Dark o' things show yer jink. If not. Get outta the way, we' hungry an those boot'll buy us some."

The sound of vomiting from behind the collectors distracts everyone as they turn to see a bubber retching on the wall at the end of the alleyway.

The man with the book turns back to you after nodding for someone to go check on the bubber, nods his head and finishes his sentence with a bit of discomfort. "soup."

eayres33

Explorer
Ander rubs his temples with his right hand, everything seemed wrong. He was in a little village with mud huts and now, now he was in a city alleyway surrounded by stone buildings. He had perhaps had a drink or three too many, but that didn’t explain how he got to his strange place. His head still hurting and his vision swirling Ander took a drink from his waterskin to wash the taste of vomit out of his mouth.

Ander saw someone approaching, “Excuse me sir, but I’ve apparently had a rough night and lost my bearings. Have I been lucky enough to find my way to Waterdeep already?”

mike peabody

First Post
url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=195832]Arcana: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
[/url]

"My excitement cannot be restrained! A real, live Torilian! What an amazing day!"

*Runs over to Ander, in full squee mode*

"Let me find something to absorb your vomit!"

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau is still processing that all, eyes moving from the group accosting them, to the corpse, to the drunk, to the modron--his possible backup--that is running off excited about vomit, of all things.
He pushes his braids back under his hood and rubs at his eyes. "You know what? I don't need to deal with a corpse on top of all this, too. As long as his stuff will go to his fam..." He opens one eye and sighs down at it. "Well. If it'll feed someone, that's all it can do."

Remove ads