5E D&D 5e
Notice: This is a Wiki Thread. You are allowed to edit it. (?)
+ Log in or register to post

Thread: D&D 5e

5e air ship speed?

so in my campaign i am having air ship battle but i can't figure the movement speed
    Last edited by Tormyr; Saturday, 30th December, 2017 at 09:21 PM. Reason: more descriptive title

The 3E Eberron Explorer's Handbook listed the speed of a sample airship as 100', nearly twice as fast as a light horse (60').

A 5E Riding Horse has the same speed so I expect it is reasonable to keep airship speeds the same across both editions as well.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block aco175

Friend+
    You can also give modifies based on wind speed and the pilots skill level (Proficiency bonus).

Storm King's Thunder has an airship that goes 8mph. That translates to about 70 feet per round.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormyr View Post
    Storm King's Thunder has an airship that goes 8mph. That translates to about 70 feet per round.
    I don't suppose there's a deck plan with that airship? I'd just about kill for a handful of airship deck plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tersival View Post
    I don't suppose there's a deck plan with that airship? I'd just about kill for a handful of airship deck plans.
    Aside from Google and Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds modules, no. Google that airship on a couple of sites, but none belong to WotC or the original cartographer as far as I have been able to find.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews

Block pukunui

Friend+
    @Mark Fernandez: There are some very basic rules for airships on page 119 of the 5e DMG.

@Tersival: You can get a free copy of the SKT airship deck plan from Dragon+ here.
    XP Tormyr, Tersival gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    @Mark Fernandez: There are some very basic rules for airships on page 119 of the 5e DMG.

@Tersival: You can get a free copy of the SKT airship deck plan from Dragon+ here.
    Ah, you found it. I thought it was in one of the issues, but I had been unable to find it.
    XP pukunui, Tersival gave XP for this post

Ooh, bookmarking this.

+ Log in or register to post

Quick Reply Quick Reply