D&D 5E 10% of Phandelver Mine Solution - Spreadsheet for Mining Operations

sammyk762

First Post
Updated spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BS3vvUzQu50aMbUXFhL0_7a18ZTyYhYURzVecHIHOuw/edit?usp=sharing

Enter your workforce and go, or take a deep dive into mining operations!

Initially, I made this to answer the simple question "what exactly is 10% of the profits, Gundren?" And then it got a little out of hand. And then some friendly Redditors had some good input, so here is v2, completely revamped and reworked.

Features and Updates
*NEW! Instructions and Troubleshooting
*Get a result with as few as 10 entries (workers and caravans), or dive in with over 40 tweakable parameters
*NEW! Employee Productivity and Morale affected by pay amount, raises, paycuts, layoffs, trainees, caravan robbery, broken smelters, management style, and much more.
*Tracks ore and gemstone stockpiles.
*Starts with maintenance backlog that must be resolved (tweakable)
*Caravan robbery! Hire more guards and/or pay them more to protect your shipments
*Tracks unpaid bills...operate at a loss for too long and your workers will strike!
*Easily randomize production and sales with just two d20 rolls.
*And much more...

Constructive criticism welcome, but I probably won't do much more to it except fix some errors. Use for free, alter as you see fit, but don't try to sell it. Enjoy.

Sleepy Walker

First Post
Excellent job!

I'm defiantly going to hold on to this one for a number of mines strewn across the sword coast. This way both owning a mine and robbing from a mine caravan are as simple as one task. Caravan routs and times will be a bit more annoying, but not impossible and will add a bit of predictability to the otherwise semi-random nature of walking down a road for 5 days.

Thank you.

*edit* I assume replace $ with "currency of your choice"

sammyk762

First Post
Thanks! Yes - the currency is all in gold pieces, I just used the $ to make it easier to see which cells were money and which weren't.

Curis

First Post
Ha! This is excellent!

One day Microsoft will implement "Gold Coins" as a currency option for formatting data.

jdk1986

First Post
This is awesome!
I'm having some trouble even setting it up to turn a profit. Maybe I'm not understanding the instructions correctly?
Does anyone have an example sheet that shows a profit I can take a look at?

This looks promising.

Running the mine 24/7 with a bunch of skeletons seems like the way to go!
(Still need wizards and whatnot)

sammyk762

First Post
I mean, that's what this is. Just getting to that amount differently. That's why D&D is is great - everyone can go about it their own way.

Remove ads