2018 Pogre's Miniatures and Models - A BIG finish to the year with The Wizard's Tower!

pogre

Legend
3 Clerics and a Mindflayer sculpt

Three very different clerics!

First up is a Templar character / priest from the Warhammer Silver Tower set
mini_71_wfbcleric_01.jpeg
mini_72_wfbcleric_01.jpeg

Next is a pudgy priest from the French game Alkemy
mini_73_alkemy-cleric_01.jpeg
mini_74_alkemy-cleric_01.jpeg

A classic WFB flagellant is the last of our religious fellows
mini_75_flagellant_01.jpeg
mini_76_flagellant_01.jpeg

The last piece is a bit of a Dad Brag - this is a mindflayer my 14 year-old son just sculpted:
sgp_mindflayer_01.jpeg
sgp_mindflayer_02.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 69

pogre

Legend
2 Dancers and a Mercenary

A pair of Reaper Dancers and a Mordheim mercenary:
mini_77_dancer_01.jpeg
mini_78_dancer_01.jpeg
mini_79_dancer_02.jpeg
mini_80_dancer_02.jpeg
mini_81_mercenary_01.jpeg
mini_82_mercenary_02.jpeg
mini_83_mercenary_03.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 72

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
New Dwarven Forge and Camels

Howdy! I thought I would share the Dwarven Forge shipment I just got in. Rooms 1 through 6 have shipped out domestically. Even though it's only a part of what I ordered, I really appreciated the DF folks shipping it out right and not charging us for multiple shipments. It's a little late, but within a month, which is pretty good for a kickstarter.

Room One - Zoltar's Gameroom
This room has a variety of pieces, which makes sense as it was the basic buy-in for the KS.
df_01_zoltarsgameroom_01.jpeg
df_01_zoltarsgameroom_02.jpeg

Room Two - Arcane Alcove
Lots of traps here - swinging scimitar blades, a pit trap, and more. The pit trap has a cover so it appears just like any other DF floor piece. With a magnetic stick tool provided you can quickly remove the cover to reveal the spikes below!
df_02_arcanealcove_01.jpeg
df_02_arcanealcove_02.jpeg
df_02_arcanealcove_03.jpeg

Room Three - The Lever Room
The main thing I like about this room is the circular room. The levers and rune trap doors are cool, but the rounded walls will get a lot of use.
df_03_leverroom_01.jpeg
df_03_leverroom_02.jpeg

Room Four - Deadly Corners
This room has lots of pieces that will get heavy use. The crossbow traps and treasures are nice, but the doors with inserts and corner doors will get a lot of play time.
df_04_deadlycorners_01.jpeg
Love this secret door!
df_04_deadlycorners_02.jpeg

Room Five - The Gauntlet
Lots of traps! Probably will not get a ton of use from me, but it is still fun. The nice thing is the abundance of corridor pieces.
df_05_thegauntlet_01.jpeg
df_05_thegauntlet_02.jpeg

Room Six - Acid Bath
This is the room I will get the least and most use of - I will probably never use the acid mat or two-headed alligator, but the elevation pieces will see tons of play.
df_06_acidbath_01.jpeg
df_06_acidbath_02.jpeg

Cannot wait to get the rest of my DF shipments!

Camels!
Finally, you should be grateful I included the DF instead of posting just what I got painted. Here they are in all their glory - 8 Reaper camels! Yeah, I know, boring. However, I am running an AL adventure at a small con in July and it has a camel baggage train. I am also working on some carts for the baggage train.
mini_84_camels_04.jpeg

Models completed in 2018: 80

pogre

Legend
The Bad Fruul Project

*WARNING* Some small spoilers for the Adventure League DDAL05-16 Parnast Under Siege

*Spoiler Spacing*

*Spoiler Spacing*

I am running a few Adventure League modules at a local convention in July. I'm painting as fast as I can to make sure I have everything I need for the adventures. The prime villain in Parnast under siege is a Hill Giant mounted on a mammoth. I could not find a miniature I liked to fill the role - so time for some modeling!

First I purchased a really great mammoth from a British company called DeeZee miniatures. I chose DZ 05 Bellowing Mammoth. For the Hill Giant I went with a Bones miniature from Reaper 77566 Ogre Chieftan. Scale-wise I think it works well as a Hill Giant. The miniature has a lot of character, and because it is a bone, modifying it to sit atop the mammoth will be much easier.

Here the figure are straight out of the blisters:
mini_85_badfruul_a_01.jpeg
The Mammoth and Ogre cost $26 combined. I really was pleased with the mammoth and I will order from DeeZee again.

Next, I carved up the Reaper figure to sit on the mammoth. I fashioned a simple saddle for the mammoth. I also mounted the mammoth on a large base. I have primed the figures and started to block out the giant's skin.
mini_85_badfruul_a_02.jpeg
The WIP pics are from my phone - so forgive the quality.

Here the giant is mostly painted. I had to rush a bit because of the amount of stuff I need to prepare for the adventures. Nevertheless, it looks decent.
mini_85_badfruul_a_03.jpeg

I took a bit longer on the mammoth. It turned out very nicely.
mini_85_badfruul_a_04.jpeg

Here is a finished picture. Tough to get a quality focused picture because of the size of this figure.
mini_85_badfruul_b_01.jpeg

Here they come right at you!
mini_85_badfruul_b_02.jpeg

I love the giant's shield!
mini_85_badfruul_b_03.jpeg

Here is a scale picture, so you can see how massive Bad Fruul is!
mini_85_badfruul_b_04.jpeg

Miniatures completed in 2018: 81

pogre

Legend
Painted a few Otherworld miniatures. The first one is going to represent my PC in a D&D campaign I'm in. Hopefully not soon!
mini_86_dead_cleric_01.jpeg
mini_86_dead_cleric_02.jpeg
mini_86_dead_cleric_03.jpeg

Here are some old school stirges. Need a few more for a quality swarm though!
mini_87_stirges_01.jpeg
mini_87_stirges_02.jpeg

Miniatures completed in 2018: 86

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
How I love Otherworld. I just wish they were more readily available in the States. Though mail order from the UK isn't that bad. Noble Knight will have some but very spotty.

I love stirges and need to get some of those. Nothing better than a PC telling another PC to try and be still as he tries to use a warhammer to remove the stirge from the other PC's neck. "roll to hit. *dice rolls* Oh crap a 5..."

Remove ads