Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Aust Meliamne

First Post
John wanders around the mall, mostly buy himself, lost in his thoughts. Every now and then, when something catches his eye, he goes into a store to look around, spending most of his time at the mega-bookstore/coffe shop reading some comics and magazines.
He closes his eyes for a moment and picks up the faint thoughts of the others. Seems like everyone is having fun. He continues reading his magazine.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika's eyes are agape once more as Atlas makes his way towards the group. She smiles at Ryan as he approaches. But her face really lights up when Paragon turns and speaks to Mark. "Leader of Legacy?!? Mark, that's awesome!" Her face skews a bit though as, he takes the Paragon's statement nonchalantly. "What, you knew about this...and you didn't tell us?!? What's up with that?" she asks, arms folded.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan raises an eyebrow at Atlas's statement, asking "Glow boy?" Jeez, what a jerk. And I was not hoggin the camera. Some reporter with no sense of personal privacy decided to interview me, and then some arrogant loser decides to try and 'help' me in the most patronizing manner possible. I wonder if I could have knocked both unconscious if I lined up my energy blast right...Ryan contemplates this possibility for a second, a smile on his face. He almost missed Paragon's comment about Mark.

He whirls to face Mark, shock and anger on his face. "You're the leader of Legacy? When did you find this out, and when exactly were you planning on telling the rest of us?!" He didn't have time to check his email; we left to join everyone else who was going to the mall. He had to know when we were talking in my room. And why the heck wasn't I notified I was on Legacy? I'm easily as good as he is!

Tokiwong

First Post
Atlas and Paragon, watch the students as they react to the news that Mark is going to be the leader of Legacy. Atlas speaks with his rumbling tone, "I am no expert in this stuff, but usually one congratulates someone or something, oh well, I guess things never change eh?"

Paragon replaces the shades, "I wouldn't be too hard on him, I doubt he knew he as going to be the leader, just one of the perks of being on the selection committee."

Jun Min shakes her head, her blush dissipating, "Congratulations Mark, that is great news!"

Tokiwong

First Post
Aust Meliamne said:
John wanders around the mall, mostly buy himself, lost in his thoughts. Every now and then, when something catches his eye, he goes into a store to look around, spending most of his time at the mega-bookstore/coffe shop reading some comics and magazines.
He closes his eyes for a moment and picks up the faint thoughts of the others. Seems like everyone is having fun. He continues reading his magazine.

The thoughts nearly overwhelm John, as he focuses hard to keep his thoughts in control. Weakness in effect rolled a 21 versus a Will save of 15, next check will be a DC 16. He picks up all kinds of thoughts, many of them in the native language of the region, some in English, and French, but it does seem like people are content, to just be happy.

Samnell

Explorer
Anika's eyes are agape once more as Atlas makes his way towards the group. She smiles at Ryan as he approaches. But her face really lights up when Paragon turns and speaks to Mark. "Leader of Legacy?!? Mark, that's awesome!" Her face skews a bit though as, he takes the Paragon's statement nonchalantly. "What, you knew about this...and you didn't tell us?!? What's up with that?" she asks, arms folded.

"I thought-" Mark dropped his shopping bag as he realized he didn't misunderstand.

He whirls to face Mark, shock and anger on his face. "You're the leader of Legacy? When did you find this out, and when exactly were you planning on telling the rest of us?!" He didn't have time to check his email; we left to join everyone else who was going to the mall. He had to know when we were talking in my room. And why the heck wasn't I notified I was on Legacy? I'm easily as good as he is! [/B]

"Uh...I found out when you guys did. I kind of thought I heard wrong. I mean I got mail from the UN, but I thought it was one of those things everyone got. I mean, uh, why?" Mark groped awkwardly for a moment. "You know, why? I thought everyone got that mail so no big deal."

Paragon replaces the shades, "I wouldn't be too hard on him, I doubt he knew he as going to be the leader, just one of the perks of being on the selection committee."

"Yeah..." as the shock wore off, Mark smiled a little. "Yeah. I guess I am."

Jun Min shakes her head, her blush dissipating, "Congratulations Mark, that is great news!"

"Uh, thanks," Mark smiled wider. The leader, hunh? I could definitely get used to this. The want me to be the leader. Never had anything like that happen before.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Atlas and Paragon, watch the students as they react to the news that Mark is going to be the leader of Legacy. Atlas speaks with his rumbling tone, "I am no expert in this stuff, but usually one congratulates someone or something, oh well, I guess things never change eh?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry, Mark, I was only kidding." Anika says somewhat sheepishly, adding with a smile, "That is way cool."

OOC: Sorry, she was a bit flustered, but not angry, she would have said it with a smirk on her face, I could have conveyed that better, my bad.

Originally posted by Tokiwong

"Really?" Anika says looking at Paragon, hopefully. "Has the committee selected the rest of the team yet?" she asks with a smile.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
"Uh, yeah, sorry, Mark, I was only kidding." Anika says somewhat sheepishly, adding with a smile, "That is way cool."

Mark shrugs it off, It's ok." He bends over and picks up his bag, stuffing an errant tank top back in.

"Really?" Anika says looking at Paragon, hopefully. "Has the committee selected the rest of the team yet?" she asks with a smile. [/B]

"Yeah, who do I... Who do I get to lead?" Mark smirked and decided he really liked the sound of that.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan sighed, realized that the two arrogant and smug members of the Justice Elite were probably right. Still, I have a right to know. And why the heck was Mark picked the leader? I mean, I wouldn't want to be, and he's really cool and all, but still? He really didn't have the best start for some kind of leader anyway. If I remember something from that one camp I attended, the number one quality of a leader is trustworthiness. And I think I just realized he isn't that trustworthy.

"I wasn't kidding, but congratulations, I guess." Ryan turns to the two elites of JE. "So, when are the rest of us notified whether we're in or out? And how exactly will this team be formed? For example, both JE and JE:B are composed of relatively few individuals. However, the institute here in town has quite a few, each divided into specific teams. Furthermore, there are other young elite institutes in different parts of the world, like in Barcelona. So is this Legacy team selected from the many different classes around the world? If so, wouldn't that sort of conflict with Mr. McCallister's continual messages of teamwork?[/i]

I always got the impression that Mr. McCallister never liked Paragon very much. Now I think I see why. And who exactly does Atlas think he's calling 'Glowboy?' Did I call him Rockface or something equally stupid? I don't think so!

Samnell

Explorer
"I wasn't kidding, but congratulations, I guess."

"I'm sorry, Ryan. I thought everyone got the mails and you didn't say anything so I didn't think it was a big deal," Mark says with a mix of defensiveness and apology.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases