Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Tokiwong

First Post
Mudaba Adin, Valiant Shopping Center

1730 hours local time, July 6th, 2014

The girls are in the shopping district, well the Valiant Shopping Center, to be more precise, and much of the damage has been repaired, from the attack. And despite trying to keep a low profile, the girls are recognized as local elites, and of course are treated to the good treatment, discounts and the like, though they can also pick up the aura that not everyone feels they are so great, with errant glances, and hushed whispers, or cold shoulders.

Jun Min gives Star a strange glance not really recognizing the youthful looking android, but treats her the same just brushing it off as a new student, with all the activity at the Institute, she really does not press the issue. Sarah is obviously enjoying herself, flitting from store to store, trying to find just the right outfits to accentuate her frame, while making small talk with the girls.

Overall the mood is calm though, Jun Min is at ease, she is scouting around, mainly for clothes, commenting on attractive men, and just well being one of the girls, which is not too hard since she isn’t that much older then some of the females.

As the girls make their way out of Victoria’s Secret, both Sarah and Star wanted to take a look inside, they run into a tall male, that each of them instantly recognizes, the elite named Paragon. He is dressed in a custom made suit, with black thin shades on. His dark skin, and perfect smile, accentuates his already enhanced and well known good looks, if he wasn’t an elite superstar, he could easily be a model, or movie star.

Jun Min grins, with a blush, as Paragon turns to look at her, and her entourage, he flashes his killer smile, as she stumbles and spills her bags, and he helps her out, “Whoa, watch out now,” he says with a strong British accent, “you alright?”

Jun Min nods with a smile, as he continues to scan your faces, and a slight realization crosses his face, “Hey wait a second you’re the students from the Institute, right?” Jun Min just blinks, not really speaking as he searches the faces, his glance starting with Cassie, then Star, on to Sarah, and finally resting on Anika before he nods in realization.

Jun Min finally speaks, “I am fine,” she lets out but it is so soft, and meek that it is barely heard, as she turns even more red and flustered.

OOC: Short intro I know, but just enough to get started, the rest of the characters can determine where they are, it is just after dinner, perhaps forty five minutes. The restriction has been lifted, although Billy, Isabelle, and James are still on restriction, but James has the least severe of the punishments. My connection is sort of flaky for now, and each character receives 6 XP for the last two Issues. I will post more info in the OOC thread on the new characters, and when I plan to add them.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika just stares at Paragon as he speaks. "Oh, wow, he's even taller than he looks on TV," she thinks. She smiles and diverts her eyes when he looks at her. She clears her throat a bit before saying, "Uh, yeah, that's us. We're just, uh, shopping..." she looks back at the store they just left, "I mean, looking around..." she says, blushing slightly. "So, um, what are you doing here?" she asks before mentally berating herself, "Idiot! 'What are you doing here?' Good one. I'm pretty sure it's none of my business..."

"Good afternoon Paragon." nods to him calmly and offers her hand. "Cassandra Prophet, it is a honor to meet an elite of your calibre. What brings you to visit our mall." Cassie watches the others out of the corner of her eye, curious at reactions of the others to this man. -Curious is this normal. this level of awe in the public- then looking back at Paragon -Must make things lonely, to have others put this.. wall between you and them- Smiles politely to the Elite.

Tokiwong

First Post
Paragon smiles at the questions, and replies to Anika, "I can't be on call all the time, just on a little vacation away from the action," his voice warm and friendly.

He turns to Cassie and shakes her hand, with a stern grip, "Nice to meet you Cassandra, call me Josiah. And I am not the bleeding president or the Queen, no need for flowery praise. From what I hear you are doing the same thing I am," he lets go of her hand.

As Star speaks, looking star struck, mimicing Anika's current emotional state, "Oh my god, your like, oh my god, your..." she stammers the words out, but quiets herself, her skin growing red with blush, in a very convincing manner.

Paragon just smiles, "Relax," he gestures, and then looks at Sarah, who has wisely refrained from saying anything at all, and just smiles beaming.

Jun Min gulps, "Umm, well, yes, we shouldn't hold you up any longer, I mean umm, yeah."

Paragon removes his shades, "Just relax, besides I was figuring I would swing by the Institute, while I was here, this just makes my trip better. It isn't often I get to meet young elites of your caliber," he replies.

Samnell

Explorer
Mark walked out of the sporting goods store with his long-anticipated swimsuit resting in a plastic bag. It was one of the good thick kind that made good insulation, not the really thin cheap kind that you could poke holes in easily. The suit was easy to buy. Pick a color and get the right size. So he still wasted half an hour in the store and ended up buying a pair of zip up jerseys and two pairs of what the lady insisted were running shorts too; short thin things he got in red and black. And there was the tank top he just liked. And the other swimsuit. He didn't know they had two styles; one with legs even. No more heavy, soggy trunks for him, but he did draw the line at the third style that looked like the suits they wore in Tommy's virtual reality thing only with short legs and a tank top top.

Buying stuff was fun, and a lot less stressful than trying to steal it out of dumpsters or shoplift it. It didn't smell bad either. He had money and what good was it if he didn't spend it? More was coming, it wasn't like he had to hold out for a week or two without. Ok, so it wasn't like a lot of things he'd had to hold out a week for, but he hadn't thrown up or had any shakes in a while so he tried not to think too much about those just in case it provoked some more. Mark decided he liked the Mall and would have to stay out of trouble so he could keep coming.

But shopping for stuff he actually wanted to wear was a lot easier than shopping for things he was supposed to wear to a dance. Mark couldn't exactly ask Star, even if she knew the right stuff. He wandered the mall looking for a classy type of place to buy something at.

After a few minutes Mark came on a little corner store. There were TVs playing some kind of cartoon or something inside and some kids clustered around them. Mark went in and saw the store's shelves lined with glossy, oversized books and little colorful boxes. The TVs were hooked up to some kind of pedestal thing with a cabinet inside it. One was relatively free of kids, so Mark checked it out.

The cabinet had glass doors and there was some kind of little box inside, strapped down like stores did with the good stuff so it wouldn't walk out on its own. A sort of stick stuck out of the cabinet towards him and had a handle on it, two sort of L shaped things for your hands to fit around and buttons and stuff on top. Mark took hold of it and looked up at the TV.

There was a racecar on TV, with a couple of others to the sides and a track in the background. A translucent blue box was superimposed over the picture and told him TO START, PRESS ^.

Mark pressed ^. A gun fired and he jumped. Just the TV. Mark smiled to himself and the car hit the side of the track and exploded. He chuckled to himself and tried again. So this is what computer games are like.

By the time Mark got the hang of the controls he was getting bored. No matter how fast he pressed the buttons the game only responded every nine or ten times. He wasn't crashing anymore, but by the time the computer decided it was ready to do what he wanted to do, he was ready to try somethign else. Mark abandoned the game and resumed his search.

About six doors down from the game store, Mark found another narrow store with TVs in it and they really were playing cartoons; cartoons he recognized! That was the one with the cat people and the guy in the pyramid. He used to watch that every day back when... Well he didn't really remember when exactly but he did it and it was cool. He hurried into the store and up to the counter.

"Hi, I want that," Mark pointed at the TV showing the cat people fighting some lizard person. The guy behind the counter gave him a weird look. "It's for sale, right? Here I've got money. I used to watch that every day." Mark dug around his pocket until his wallet came up.

It turned out the store had the whole show. Mark bought it all, and between that and the clothes he really did a number on his $400 from the Institute. The guy said they would play in his computer too. But a hundred fifty dollars should be enough to get some nice clothes still. If he could find the right store before he found another right store and spent some more.

Mark happened to look the right way as he walked past a fake wood facade and saw some of the girls talking to some guy. Say, wasn't he somebody? He looked like he was somebody. Oh...and Star was there. He'd better go say hi to his date, he guessed.

Mark waved and started to walked up to the group, an overstuffed shopping bag in one hand, "Uh, hi girls. Hi Star."

Tokiwong

First Post
Star blushes, as Mark says hello, her internal systems activating a scripting protocol that allowed her emotions to appear real, and natural. She fidgeted slightly, and replied in a soft tone, "Hey Mark, have you met Para- I mean Josiah?"

Paragon turned to Mark, and nodded folding his arms across his chest, "Mark McNamarra, yeah I heard much about you, your fast. Bloody quick is what I hear, friends of mine back at the UNJE are looking forward to seeing you in action as the leader of Legacy, I can't say I am not surprised."

Paragon extends a hand to Mark, "I was really looking forward to meeting you mate," his British accent obvious, "been hearing nothing but good things about you."

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Star blushes, as Mark says hello, her internal systems activating a scripting protocol that allowed her emotions to appear real, and natural. She fidgeted slightly, and replied in a soft tone, "Hey Mark, have you met Para- I mean Josiah?"

"I don't think so," Mark looked at the new guy.

Paragon turned to Mark, and nodded folding his arms across his chest, "Mark McNamarra, yeah I heard much about you, your fast. Bloody quick is what I hear, friends of mine back at the UNJE are looking forward to seeing you in action as the leader of Legacy, I can't say I am not surprised."

Did he just say they're making me some kind of leader? Do leaders get more money? "Uh, yeah I'm fast."

Paragon extends a hand to Mark, "I was really looking forward to meeting you mate," his British accent obvious, "been hearing nothing but good things about you."

Mark shuffles his shopping bag so he can shake hands, "That's great. I'm glad to meet you too." He smiled. I could get used to being treated like this.

Tokiwong

First Post
Samnell said:
Mark shuffles his shopping bag so he can shake hands, "That's great. I'm glad to meet you too." He smiled. I could get used to being treated like this.

Paragon smiles, as the earth shifts slightly, under everyone's feet, Paragon does not miss a beat,as a mountain of a man, literally, rises to the top of the stairs standing at well over nine feet in height the elite simply known as Atlas, comes into view. His whole body is covered in rocky stone, and his eyes are like blue gems, that sparkle as he scans the area, people can't help[ but move out of the way for the rocky elite. He wears a custome made black body suit over his rocky form, and grins as much as his form allows as he spots Paragon.

Atlas pauses behind the girls, "Heya J, leave it to you to find the babes," his voice rumbling as he laughs, it is loud and bellowing as he crouches and introduces himself, "Evening girls, call me Atlas, guess you met our reisdent playboy J, here. Don't let that cool exterior fool you, this Brit is all about one thing."

Paragon removes his shades revealing his strangely bright and vibrant green eyes, "I take it you didn't find anything to entertain you, Atlas."

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan wasn't too keen on going to the mall with everyone else, but since everyone but poor James was going, he didn't have much choice. What else am I supposed to do, stay at the Institute the rest of my life? Sit at the computer and read stuff all night long? I wonder if I could use the Black Room for my own personal testing? That would be interesting...assuming Chaos didn't hack in again. I'll probably get attacked again here as well. Maybe I should go to the food court, for old time's sake. Ryan smiled bitterly at that comment, then decided to make the most of it.

He had trouble shopping; Ryan could feel the eyes of everyone staring at him. Best get used to it, Ryan. It's not going to change.

Up ahead, he saw the elite Atlas rise out of the ground. Hey, wasn't he in a movie? I thought it was pretty good. What a bunch of showoffs though. I guess I needn't worry about any attack, finally. The Justice Elite, or at least two of them, are here, and more than a match for any attacker. Will I one day be able to join them?

As he thinks, Ryan walks forward, towards the gathering of the Institute elites and the famous members of the Justice Elite.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Up ahead, he saw the elite Atlas rise out of the ground. Hey, wasn't he in a movie? I thought it was pretty good. What a bunch of showoffs though. I guess I needn't worry about any attack, finally. The Justice Elite, or at least two of them, are here, and more than a match for any attacker. Will I one day be able to join them?

As he thinks, Ryan walks forward, towards the gathering of the Institute elites and the famous members of the Justice Elite.

Tagging along trying to keep up with Ryan, is Tommy, he has several bags of computer games, video games, and Justice Elite memorbilia on him, he is giddy with excitement, nearly bursting with happiness, as he sees the two heroes of the Justice Elite.

Jun Min waves to Ryan, and is releived to see that he is fine, and alright, and at least looking in good spirits. Atlas turns to Ryan, "This has got to be that Comet Kid, the one hogging the camera with that Paladin. Yo, glow boy," he chuckles, still in good spirits.

Back at the Institute

Kiyana helps James, as he is put to work by Mr. Kincaid, on waxing the Bus utilized by the school for long trips. Her water powers are a boon to helping getting the vehicle spick and span, and clean, and to splash James with water any chance she gets.

Kiyana settles down finally and sighs, "So what do you think everyone is doing downtown, I mean I hope they are not scared about, getting attacked again that would be bad, yes?"

"I would think so," Mr. McCallister replies, as he steps from behind the other side of the bus, "But I wouldn't worry about that, now that much of the nasty business in the Congo is being cleaned up, Justice Elite has a chance to relax, and decided to make a stop here in Mudaba Adin."

"I just wanted to come and talk to you James," he says dressed in casual attire, leaning on his cane, "I know you may think that the punishment was harsh, and it may be, but what you did no matter how noble, or quick was put yourelf and others in danger. But I do admire the fact that you are willing to put your neck on the line for your friends," he adjusts his dark glasses, "I like that."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases