D&D 5E One Shot - JustinCase's Within The Circle (OOC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Having played in many PbP games, I’ve finally decided to try my hand at online DMing. I’ve done some offline DMing but this is going to be my digital maidenvoyage, so to speak, with the play-by-post games, so please bear with me. The one shot format ought to be the right way to find out if this suits me or not.

Inspiration - Within The Circle.png

Baron Joaquim Wildhurst knows that much of his wealth and power can be directly attributed to his dealings with a mysterious society that he has worked with for years. Throughout his career they tutored him in the finer points of diplomacy and manipulation, and he always suspected they were behind his extraordinary good fortune. With the death of his elder brother, Joaquim began to think that his patrons may have cleared his path to the crown. The baron wants to know who he has been allied with for all these years and seeks to hire a party of adventurers who, under the cover of a different mission, are sent to investigate...

So there it is: You are invited for dinner by the baron, where you and the others will be tasked with helping a nearby town.

I am looking for 4-5 players with level 1 characters, generated using the One Shot guidelines (link; from any of the groups as long as it fits the story). Please post your character in that thread if it isn’t already. For more information about the One Shots, go to this link.

Describe briefly what your connection to the baron is; why does he know and trust you? PCs with noble backgrounds could be childhood friends or trading partners; (former) criminals could be pardoned once by the baron and therefore in his debt. Warriors could have been associated with the palace guard; scholars could have had their education sponsored by the baron. Feel free to come up with a reason that makes sense to you and your character.

Come and get it!

Players:
1. TallIan: Gorir Orebelt, dwarven cleric (soldier)
2. eayres33: Traubon Dankil, dwarven wizard (sage)
3. KahlessNestor: Magdalena Ambers, human paladin (acolyte)
4. Azurewraith: James Hermain, half-elf rogue (criminal)
5. EarlyBird: Thadius Riegn Westbrook the Third, tiefling barbarian (noble)

IC thread
Rogues Gallery
OneShot discussions

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Hmmm, Tempting.

I haven't created any characters for the one shot group. I'm thinking fighter or possibly war cleric.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
For level ones from my One Shot stable, I have a duergar battlerager (urban bounty hunter background, so that could work with the baron connection) and a human Vengeance paladin (acolyte background, so might have to come up with some reason she knows the baron).

EarlyBird

Explorer
I am super busy atm, but please put me down for an alt/5th man. I have my tiefling barbarian, noble that would fit in nicely I think. His great grandfather could have had dealings with the same secret society, so the Wildhurst name may have come up now and again. Thus Thadius pays a social call to the baron at an all to convenient time.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Great!

So we have five interested players. That means we are now FULL and I will tag the thread accordingly. If anyone drops out, I will re-open it.

I personally don't mind you playing whatever you want, and this particular story does not require you to know each other.

If I understand correctly, 2 players already have a character ready to go, and 3 need to create one?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Great!

So we have five interested players. That means we are now FULL and I will tag the thread accordingly. If anyone drops out, I will re-open it.

I personally don't mind you playing whatever you want, and this particular story does not require you to know each other.

If I understand correctly, 2 players already have a character ready to go, and 3 need to create one?
In the process of creating the 3 in my portfolio one down working on the 2nd and third. Should be done in the next couple of hours provided I don't get distracted.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads