(PbP) The Trail of Fire

Gimble Godshine

First Post
You are standing outside the tavern where you met the odd man who gave you the map. Even if you wanted to find me again you couldn't due to his err, affliction. So off on a journey you go, with purses heave and packs empty I suggest you find a shop, conveiniantly there is a weaponsmith to the north an armorsmith to the east and a Misc magic salesman to the west.

Exits:
North: Weaponsmithy
East: Armorsmithy
West: Magic Shoppe

OOC: You all have 2k as soon as you all type:(Charatcter Name) Ready
We can begin.

-GG

Velmont

First Post
Kharas Rockfall - Ready!

[Edited] A dwarf can be seen in front of the tavern. He is complaining that his firends are late and there is no way to have a good ale during the day in this town...

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Edited the text to adapt the circomstence.

Gimble Godshine said:
OOC: Velmont Punctual as every...

OOC: Hey! It is 1 hour I'm waiting by the phone to get a line... so I don't have much to do during that time, as all I have to do, I must be away from the phone... Anyway, I<ll limite my OCC on this thread.

Velmont

First Post
Gimble Godshine said:
Better, and you did put you char on the rogues gallery huh?

OOC: Are you reading the message in the OCC threads??? ;) Yeap, I put it in the Rogue gallery, with his chain over the shoulder and 2000gp in his pockets (pretty big pockets it seems). I already told it in the OCC thread.

IC: The dwarf is looking at the sun... "Damn sun, how I'm suppose to know what time is it with only the sun... what was the time we were suppose to meet again? Argh! I prefer the old mining bells who was telling what time it was..."

Badger

First Post
Vedin Flamestrider - Ready

{Elsewhere}

The building was collapsing fast, and while Vedin knew he had to buy the mage more time, it was a task that was becoming easier said than done. His arms were heavy with fatigue, and the blood which coated his hands made holding his trusted axe that much harder, but in his mind, he knew that if they failed, they all were lost.

"More approach...to arms...to arms!!!!"

The beasts were nightmarish in appearance, gross paradies of the souls they once were, and all driven by one desire. Hatred for all that was living...

His axe dug deep into one creature that resembled the fallen Kallah, but he did not have time to allow himself to worry over what his actions were. If they were to survive, he had to kill any who approached him. Mercy, for the time being, was a luxury he did not have.

Clawed hands, as sharp as any blade, ripped through his mithril shirt as if it was silk, and as they dug deep into his flesh, Vedin could feel them draining his strength from him. As his shield slipped from his hand, he turned glazed eyes towards Jarek and wondered why the mage's chanting was so muffled in his ears.

~There is no need to resist...give into the darkness...do not struggle to stay in the light...join us..join us here in our paradise...~

Vedin's axe lowered as he listened to the soothing words in his mind, and felt a soft touch upon his brow. His worries began to disappear and his axe dropped even lower...

"NO!!!!!!"

A scream of fury snapped Vedin back to his senses, as Tapul's staff smashed into the shadows gathering around him and scattered them for the time being.

"You have to hurry Vedin...you have to get Jarek through the portal...you have to let them know the veil is weakening...warn them Vedin...warn them all..."

Vedin's sight was blurry as he staggered into the back of the cave where a glowing portal stood open behind Jarek. The strain of keeping the portal open was threatening to overload the mage at any moment, and Vedin hurried as quickly as his numbed legs would carry him.

"Tapul says leave them...must warn others...we must hurry..."

Leaning on one another for strength, Vedin could feel the heat coming out of the portal, and for a moment prayed that they would be returning to his true home, but he knew the human could not last more than a moment there as weaked as he was.

Stepping into the portal, Vedin felt Jarek suddenly stiffen as a blade of darkness erupted from the front of his chest. A geyser of blood exploded from Jarek's mouth and covered Vedin's face as the magic of the portal began to shift them. Screaming as the magic assaulted him, Vedin's world grew black...

Badger

First Post
Vedin Flamestrider - Ready pt 2

{Now}

The scream that formed on Vedin's lips when the magic of the portal surrounded him managed to escape as the ground suddenly began rushing towards him.

The fall lasted but a moment, as Vedin crashed with the force of a small boulder into a watering bin near a stable. Pain exploded all through his body, and as he opened his eyes and saw the unnatural positions in which his legs were twisted, he knew they were broken.

That thought was also the last that Vedin's pain wracked body would allow him to have, as he could no longer fight against the damage inflicted upon him, both spiritual and physically. His eyes shut of their own accord, and Vedin passed into unconsciousness, his battered and blood stained body one more piece of debris amongst the wreckage he created.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Krog: (Male /Bugbear/Barbarian 1) Ready

A tall figure cloaked head to toe in travelers dust covered cloak brushes past the few individuals that move away at the sheer size of him. Little of the figure can be seen and the drooped cowl of the cloak reviews nothing but shadows from within. A quite but booming voice grows a half-felt apology as he moves past everyone. Your can help but notice that his huge back carries an array of weapons of war including everything from a great axe to a bow that looks like it’s permanent bent from the stains of the great pull of the string. Having came from the direction of the weapon smith the figure heads to the inn as the hunger is great and the road has been long.

Gimble Godshine

First Post
OOC:*clap *clap* very good Vedin Flamestrider has entered the building!

A booming overhead voice issues forth a command directed at vedin, "Arise" you can only watch dumfoundedly as his legs make a sickening crunch and his life force is shoved down his throat, for death will not take him, does not want him, a failure is of no use to him, his life must be fulfilled before he can embrace the darkness of oblivion, Vedin's molten body springs forth flames causing you to back up as he yawns, "What the hell did they give me in there?" gesturing with a backward nod, you all answer with an upward nod a grimace then a downward nod signifiing his plunge to the ground. "Oh, that would explain this," as he yanks a blood encrusted shard of wood out of his backside, "OW, DAMN!" he whines as the shard slides out of his back charred and covered in blood.

:p

Remove ads