Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Archon Basileus

First Post
Four decades ago, old Alessa would still crown the valley with the busy noise of peasants and laborers, as the fields lined up their crops to as far as the eye could see. With blood, sweat and tears, alesssians had done their best to build a city on the outskirts of southern Laholt, a region known for its savage, uncultured ways.

At least, that was the human perspective on the topic.

For the Wylders, this area was an oasis amidst the many enterprises conducted by human hands. Here the land was always strong, bearing fruits of legendary quality. Elfic communities inhabited the area for at least nine hundred years, the blink of an eye for their race, but enough to define or break a small human nation. Unwilling to bend towards violence, the elves accepted human presence in the area. At first, they flourished together, but time would show that mankind is not to be trusted...

After a great offense and an alliance destroyed, the elves decided to put in motion a plan to remove mankind from their lands once and for all. As the story goes, the loveliest damsel among the elves was promised to a human nobleman as the crowning of an everlasting alliance. The envious heart of the alessan doge drove him towards the damsel, though, and with treachery and fury, he took her for himself. She was found dead upon a slab within elfic woods, her broken body bathed by the silvered sadness of the moon.

The vengeance the elves perpetrated was nothing short of poetic. From the deepest recesses of their woods they summoned the savage satyrs. Instead of brewing war against their opponents, they'd curse them to chaos and madness, as the satyrs used ther charms to seduce the citizens of Alessa, throwing one against the other. In the end, the city destroyed itself, and the brutal satyrs took the land for themselves, turning the old walls of Alessa into their hovel of lust.

It seems, though, that fate would not let this act unpunished.

The lords of the land, the most prominent amidst the satyrs and elves that now inhabit the ruins of Alessa, are powerless to fight a strange desease. It is very selective, and afflicts only those of high strength and purpose. Some have disappeared after contracting the strange desease, while others are just too weak to continue.

You have been called here to help uncover the mystery behind this odd affliction.

- Fintir and Aranel, the settlement of Alessa is a close ally to your respective communities. They send their desperate pleas and beg for the aid of the renowned heroes in order to rid Alessa of their suffering. Should they accept, they are asked to meet the satyr hero Goliath at the old alessan southern aqueduct.

- Daxio Flynn, your old bosom friend, the nomad satyr Goliath, fell in Alessa under the strange disease. Knowing of your presence nearby, he sends a message, asking for your swift intervention.

- Zyara Kyloni, through careful meditation your order was led to believe that Alessa is under a spiritual siege. In dreams the elders have seen the pull of demonic influence descending over the hovel of lust, menacing to engulf elves and satyrs into their twisted plots. Whispers feel their dreams, and soon enough they reach Zyara's sleep as well. A single name can be remembered as she awakens, a name for a satyr hero: Goliath.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Listening to the plea of the messenger, Moss thinks what he could do. He does not fear the sickness, usually those afflicting mammals ignore the reptiles and vice versa. On the other hand, if it is magical malady it may not be choosy. But allies are hard won and worth the risk and effort.

He turns into whirlwind of activity leaving Thunderscale chief last instructions for finishing the lair and traps around it, checking on egg hatchery, increasing the guards there until he comes back. They just started again near the surface, no need to lose entire brood to carelessness. The messenger is left to be fed and to rest as he takes to the air. As always, he exults in the feeling of wing in his wings and the power it gives him. As always, he dreams of dragons of old, many times his size soaring above the ground, undisputed rulers of all lesser races. But in the end, all that majesty is for naught and here he is, soaring, but barely visible speckle on the sky.

One thing is for sure. It allows for fast and safe travel. Even if he has to fight off occasional over-eager eagle. At least he gets dinner that day.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Daxio lounged in the comfort of a large noblewoman’s coach, the young beauty at his side as she fed him sweet fruit. It hadn’t even taken magic to get him a ride with the beautiful woman, just a dashing smile and his roguish reputation, as she was heading for the south, anyway. He slid his hand inside of her bodice, loosened from their prior lovemaking, and kissed her again, stoking their desire once more.

As the young lass moved over him again, eager to take him once more, their tongues dancing, the coach pulled to a stop. He heard the crunch of the footman’s boots on gravel and the polite knock on the door of the coach. They wouldn’t dare, of course, peek in on their lady.

Daxio sighed and pulled up one of the curtains, heedless of the disheveled state of the noble lady. “Yes?” he asked in annoyance.

“This is as far as is safe to come, milord,” the footman said, conspicuously averting his gaze from his lady’s exposed breasts. “We daren’t come closer to within sight of Alessia, fer fear o’ the plague.”

Daxio sighed. He supposed it was to be expected. He could make them, of course, but what would be the point.

Daxio fished out a fine bottle of brandy. “You and the other men, take a break,” he said. “We will be out in a minute.”

“I hope it doesn’t take only a minute, Daxio!” the noblewoman teased, sliding down his body to do lascivious things to him with her tongue.

Daxio groaned, shooing off the footman and dropping the curtain. “Oh, Lady Alesha, I will make it take as long as you can hold out,” he promised.

Daxio stepped out of the carriage, buckling his belt and straightening his clothes. He never wore the typical wizard’s robes. His clothes were the finest fashion in Laholt, his high boots shined by magic so one could see one’s reflection. The black pants had a red stripe up the side and were so tight as to be nearly uncomfortable. His white shirt was ruffled and open halfway to reveal his lean, muscled chest and scarlet ascot. Over that he wore a navy frock coat trimmed in gold. Peeking from under the sleeves of his shirt and coat were two leather bracers embroidered with mystic runes, and his long, flowing blonde locks were held out of his blue eyes by a small gold circlet with silver runes. He threw a black cloak with similar protective runes along the trim over his shoulders.

As the carriage rattled off down the highway, the footman and driver more than a little tipsy, and the young noblewoman well satisfied, Daxio stared at the distant walls of Alessia and sighed.

“Goliath,” Daxio said, shaking his head. He remembered his younger days, taken under the wing of the lustful satyr, taught the ways of women -- and not a few men -- and the special spells that made men’s minds more...malleable to one’s wishes. “I warned you of this folly when you first told me of your fool plan for Alessia. But then you fey would never deign listen to us mortals. And now you need our help.”

Daxio stared down the muddy road a moment, then decided it wasn’t worth dirtying his boots. With a gesture and a series of arcane words, he took off into the sky to cover the five mile trek to the city.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Neurotic

“Goliath,” Daxio said, shaking his head. He remembered his younger days, taken under the wing of the lustful satyr, taught the ways of women -- and not a few men -- and the special spells that made men’s minds more...malleable to one’s wishes. “I warned you of this folly when you first told me of your fool plan for Alessia. But then you fey would never deign listen to us mortals. And now you need our help.”

Daxio stared down the muddy road a moment, then decided it wasn’t worth dirtying his boots. With a gesture and a series of arcane words, he took off into the sky to cover the five mile trek to the city.

About half-way there, shadow passes over the flying sorcerer. Squinting into the sky he sees green flash, turning lazily toward him dropping to match the height of the human flier. As it approaches, Daxio sees a small dragon, something out of legends or fairy tales. As it approaches, it becomes clear it is not quite as legendary. It carries armor instead of having impenetrable scales. It has some equipment on too. Nothing fancy or powerful, but the creature itself is dragon shaped.

It calls out
"Ahoy! Mind if I join you? We seem to be heading into the town. Do you know it is afflicted by some kind of plague? You may want to rethink if this is just casual visit."

OOC: changing my customary teal speech color for more in-character version. I just realized I missed perfect opportunity to have all items just be runes carved into the scales. Advantage would be no stealing, disadvantage is no selling and harder adding onto the body :) And some items are for showing such as Sash of the War Champion

The young monk walks in deserted streets for a while until she finds an acceptable looking inn. The barroom is empty and the innkeeper is happy to give her a room. A short chat tells her his business is down since the plague. No one wants to be near anyone else. He even stays a few paces from her. She knows she has nothing to fear from this plague.

When she wakes in the morning, dreams have told her she must find a Satyr named Goliath. She asks the innkeeper in the morning about Goliath and discovers he can be found near the southern aqueduct. She thanks the innkeeper and goes to the aqueduct. Hopefully this Goliath will know what has happened to the town.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Daxio noted the shape in the sky and frowned. A dragon? This wasn’t good. As it drew closer, however, he noted that it wore armor and other equipment. He had never heard of a dragon like that. It was green, however. He prepared to cast a spell, just in case.

But the creature greeted him instead.

“I know there is word of a plague,” Daxio admitted. “But a friend asked for my aid. So why are you going to the city?”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility

Spell Book:
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
[/sblock]

Neurotic

“I know there is word of a plague,” Daxio admitted. “But a friend asked for my aid. So why are you going to the city?”

"A friend asked for my aid." the creature answers and pulls back its lips into a snarl...which, it turns out, is its version of friendly smile.

"The city is long standing ally of my people and they asked for help. I'm to meet someone named Goliath."

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Thanks again for the meeting and the new chance to a great story, guys! [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION], nice to play with you for the first time! [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], just give me a line and I'll locate all of you, placing the first writings to send you guys on your merry ways! :)]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Daxio raised an eyebrow at the draconic creature. “You know Goliath?” he asked. “The satyr?” He shook his head. “Small world. But then Goliath always did get around.” He grinned, thinking of the mischief and women he and the fey creature had shared.

“Then let’s find that shifty goat and see what he wants. And let’s hope we don’t catch this damn plague. I am Daxio Flynn,” he introduced himself.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Spell Book:
[/sblock]

As Zyara walks to the aqueduct she notices two flying creatures, larger than birds certainly, but not really, really big seemingly flying in the direction of the aqueduct as well. Neither of them are satyrs so they must not be the one named Goliath but she wonders if they will be friend or foe. They will probably land around the same time she arrives. Another omen? She wonders.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases