Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[roll0]
OOC: I cannot fail DC 13 unless 1 is auto-fail

Moss glides over the orchard. He looks at the dryads contemplating the lack of scales, those strange, flat faces without fangs, visible ears and no scaly frills around their heads. They are graceful and he can see the beauty in their symmetry and recognizes what mammals, humanoids, find beautiful. But it is not for him.

He glides down toward his companions. Landing on a piece of stone, remains of the former buildings, he describes what he saw.
"Are any of you aware of any old-looking fey? That would fit in here, not those that eat little children."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Daxio took a bite of the fruit, intrigued by it, before it could rot, savoring the taste.

Daxio wiped the juice from his fingers and chin as Moss returned with his scouting report. The arcanist tossed the apple core away.

“Old fey?” he asked. “Perhaps a hag? Let me think.”

Nature: 1D20+24 = [3]+24 = 27

Daxio gazed on the naked nymphs with obvious delight and desire as they danced.

OOC: Just in case we’re stealthing up:
Stealth: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

“I’m pretty sure it isn’t the fruit, dear Zyara,” Daxio sadi. “I checked it magically before I partook. It has sustaining and curative properties, not a curse.” He took another bite of the strange golden fruit to prove his point.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

"I think we should not sneak up. We want whomever we meet to open up to us, not be suspicious of us." Zyara says as they continue toward the Nymphaeum.

Neurotic

"Lead the way." Moss motions toward the nymphs. "They are somewhat...distracting...guard your thoughts and keep your focus."

Shayuri

First Post
Aranel shook her head silently at Daxio. What had she expected though? Didn't that just define the human race? None of them truly believed they were mortal, it seemed. A side effect of having short lives, perhaps. The fruit still seemed suspicious to her at any rate. Not seeming to be a curse would be essential, since elves and fey had many tools to detect that sort of thing. The fact that it decayed so quickly meant that it couldn't be examined after being picked too.

Even so, she reminded herself, it was but one possible answer of many. The worst crime she could commit now would be to decide she knew the answer already, and by doing so miss the truth.

"One of us should remain hidden," the oracle said softly. "We should not assume all eyes here are friendly."

Neurotic

"I can do that. It's not like they would like me. I'm a green dragon and they are elves." Moss goes forward into the bush and freezes. Not ideal, but between his color and small size, passable hiding place.

[roll0]

Archon Basileus

First Post
Daxio's memories speak of many elder spirits of the woods that might befit Moss's description - not all of them comprehensive and friendly. Either a hag of a winter spirit, such a creature might pose a real threat if mistreated, and it wouldn't oppose communing with nymphs. On the other hand, it might be interested in youth and beauty. Old stories speak intensely of elder spirits interested in stealing the gifts of young nymphs, and this might as well be the case. These were, after all, savage lands now, and the temperament of those linked to it are famous for its' unpredictability...

As the companions approach under Moss' perched glance, the nymphs jump to their feet, either hiding their bodies into the fountain or running for cover. Their soft laughs soon become cries of fear as the group trudges towards the nymphaeum. Even a careful, pacific approach is enough to trigger them. Still, they do not run away, perhaps taken by curiosity, and now stare at the arrivals with a strange, unnatural look upon their reddened, ashamed faces. In a way, it is as if they were used to such encounters, but at the same time they do not seem very pleased by the sudden intrusion.

"How dare you!" - one of them speaks, her body now hidden within the fountain, only the delicate neck and the blushed face showing. "This is our place of rest, and you just come waltzing in! And ... with a pair of humans! HUMANS! I thought you'd know better, Aranel!" - she seems to recognize the elfic lady. "Have you no shame!?"
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

Moss looks around and above him at the skies. Just in case. He will hear what happens with the dryads, but it wouldn't do to have the party surprised because he tried to listen in.

Remove ads