The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ok, everyone likes to ask for a free character portrait from time to time but sometimes this forum gets clogged up by too many request threads being posted all at once.

To solve this little problem, I say we use this one thread for requesting FREE character portraits. This will allow our resident EN World artist friends to have only one thread they must check for the multitude of character requests that pass through this forum every month.

Of course, there's no guarantee that an art will choose your character concept to sketch, as it is more of a free for all between the fans of the forum and the artists looking for something to draw.

Note that anyone can post a character concept, they want sketched, here and anyyone can take up a pencil, pen or use a graphics program to sketch their favorite character concept and post the resulting image on this thread.

Plus, anything goes (within Eric's Grandma's Rules of Conduct). You can ask for a sketch of any fantasy, modern, or science fiction character but it is the artist choice as to what style the character will be drawn (i.e. anime).

Details will be important but try to stay away from posting game stats. Instead, break the character down by description, history, campaign, and character traits.

Remember, this is going to be a free-for-all thread with little or no guarantee that your character is going to be sketched by a specific artist. I look at in this way, if the artists get on board with the thread then it will lead to the sharing of creativity on everyones part.

So if your an artist or an art fan, feel free to chime in on this thread about what you think of the idea, post a character concept, or pick a character concept to sketch and post it here.

Who wants to go first.

Ready, Set, Go!

Knightfall1972

p.s. I'm not an artist but I will watch over this thread to see how it goes.

Also, make sure you check out Acquana's The Drawing a Day Thread, AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread, Bastion's campaign sketches/art and REQUESTS, ML3's FREE Home Brew Monster Art, and ukpublishling's FREE Symbols, for more great art related threads.
---------------------------------
The NEW EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread

Last edited:

Felix

Explorer
Konstanin

Bar 2 / Rgr 3 / Forsaker 4
Height: 6' 8"
Weight: 350 lbs

Konstantin comes from the Land that Bleeds, a wasteland pitted with geysers of steam and volcanos. His young life was spent enslaved to the druids who controlled the tribes. He escaped southward and fought to hold off the invasion of barbarians into more civilized lands.

He wears wolf pelts when cold, and a leather jerkin and coarse pants when the weather is warm. A breastplate is generally always worn. His greatsword is strapped to his back, and the scabbard is well worn from Konstanin drawing the blade. A dagger is strapped to his left calf for use in grapples. A hand crossbow (a curiousity picked up during a run-in with the drow) is holstered on his right him, next to a case of poison-laced bolts.

As big as he is, Konstantin's fighting style often immitates a rogues, tumbling into place to give him the best tactical advantage. (The Barbarian levels represent his background, and not his fighting style - he rarely rages.) As well, he spends his off time studying nature, and its ability to harm, and heal, the body; salves and poisons are kept at the ready in his backpack and belt. He has also picked up a crossbow bolt case which laces the tip with drow sleeping poison; a helpful aid before he enters combat.

tecnowraith

First Post
I got a new Character that I to see done.

Half-Fiend/Half-Elf (or Orc)
spellcaster warrior (still working on the classes)
Armor: Leather or Chain-mail
Weapons: Racial Weapon and maybe demonic polearm type weapon.

Coming the depths of hells, learing both sides of his heritage he seeks the relic items of old to please demonic family. He is also stranded on a new world/plane looking for a way back, not until he has fun on the new one.

He will covered in runic/glyphs (artist choice) tattos or scars all over is body, long hair, very healthy for demon.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Speaking as an artist, I'd like to make some small suggestions.

It really helps out the artists if you put down race, height, weight, build, hair color, eye color, comeliness (ugly? handsome?), and stuff like that.

If you forget, the artist that sketches your character will fill in the blank for you. When that happens, what you get back may be kinda far from what you imagined. Or sometimes an artist may not even pick your character to draw because it lacks certain basic visual descriptions. They may be afraid of going through all the effort to draw a character only to end up reading some reply from the creator saying something like, "oh....not to be ungrateful or anything but I imagined her with long braids, not short hair."

So, don't forget some of the basic stuff too okay? :D Sometimes its more important for the artist to know that than the name of the character's foster father.

Once I get my new scanner installed, I'll try and sketch one of these characters in this thread.

Bozidar

First Post
Chain Lightning said:
It really helps out the artists if you put down race, height, weight, build, hair color, eye color, comeliness (ugly? handsome?), and stuff like that.
Human, 6'4", 250, very muscular (14 con, 16 str) but not overly dexterous (10 dex), red hair, blue eyes, high comeliness (cha 16).

Here's the guts though..

Short cropped hair, full facial hair but neatly cropped. Wearing magical full plate, with a magical large steel shield (both can be relatively non-ornate, he's not much into flair like those waiters and waitresses at Ruby Tuesdays or TGIFridays). The one piece of flair he has..

A Holy Longsword, etched with runes of the symbol of Corellon Larethian (see attachment), and it's name written in ancient sylvan. His scabbard is similarly adorned.

His special mount is a femal dire lion (extra HD for being a special mount) that wears leather barding in combat.

Now.. i don't know how hard, or how fun any of that would be to draw for anyone. I know i don't have even an ounce of the skill, but wish i did. If anyone would like to draw this as a full picture, or take a part of it (just the face, just the paladin, just the sword/scabbard, or even just the dire lion) i would be extremely greatful :)

Thanks in advance for any effort you put forth! :)

Bozidar

First Post
almost forgot the attachment. Oh, and any pennants or color you'd want to put it, try using royal blue, Corellon's color of his cloak.

Attachments

• correllonsigil.jpg
    correllonsigil.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,165

Chain Lightning

First Post
Here's Tecnowraith's Half-Fiend/Half-Elf character.

Please forgive my messy line work, I didn't have time to do a polished piece. Just kept it sketchy mostly. I also hope it's kind of near to what the creator intended.

I'll admit I'm not up on all the variable races outside the standard ones in the PHB. So I don't know what a half-fiend would look like. I think I heard someone mention horns.....so I gave him a few. Tecnowraith mentioned a racial weapon or demonic polearm. I also don't really know what weapons fiends prefer either, so I might've messed up there. As far as the polearm goes, I really only had time to do a 'waist up' sketch and so if I put in the polearm....there wouldn't be enough space to show off the end of it. Plus I was thinking....if this guy is a warrior/spellcaster type all in one.....I want to show him holding a weapon in one hand while having the other free to cast spells with. I dunno....just rambling.....

Anyways, here ya go. Hope you like. (Bozidar, I'll try and give your character a shot too. When I get some more time) :)

Attachments

• half-fiend2.jpg
    half-fiend2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2,783
Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
I have no art experience whatsoever, but...

That looks really good! Are you a professional artist?

I'll throw my hat into the ring for either of my two PbP characters.

My sig has links to stats and more detailed descriptions; I have pretty much everything you listed described in the links. Here's what's not on the sheets: Verrik are a race from Arcana Unearthed; they look like humans except for their hair and skin, which is white or blue-black, and dark red, respectively (Sanje's colors are listed at the top and bottom anyway). They tend to be very solemn and somewhat 'alien' in their outlook. Also; Velbrik is a historian/storyteller bard rather than a musician, so he doesn't have a musical instrument or any related paraphernalia. Velbrik is probably around 20-25, but Sanje is a bit older, maybe 30. Velbrik's hair is combed or parted, and Sanje has a mane of spiked hair down his neck.

Take as much time as you want on whichever you want to do, if any; I can wait.

[Edit]: I wrote a more detailed description of Sanje in my sig link.

[New Edit, 9/4]: A couple small changes.

Last edited:

Warduke

First Post
Well, I do have art experience and I think it's very accomplished. I like the movement of it, like it captures a moment in time rather than a static pose. I also think that the sketchy style works really well, better than some finished pieces others produce.

Three thumbs up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases