Best way to play an Ancient White Dracolich (with Ancient Red Stats)?

Balfore

Explorer
I'm nearing the end of my campaign, and I'm looking for some bang up way to make a memorable finale.
I'm taking the Ancient Red and making it a White Dracolich (for thematic purposes).

The party is on top of an upside-down pyramid, and the ground is icy amd slick.

The pyramid is located in an arctic setting, and it hovers 200 ft from the pointy base (because it's upside-down).

Its easy to reskin, however, looking for creative ways to play this out.

The party is level 20:
A Bard that cast Simulacrum on himself, then changes to an Ancient Bronze
A Paladin
2 Barbarians
1 Life Cleric

This is the battle before the BBEG, so it needs to feel amazing :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Balfore

Explorer
What about making the breath weapon negative energy?
Would that wreck the party? Lol

S

Sunseeker

What about making the breath weapon negative energy?
Would that wreck the party? Lol

I agree with this suggestion.

Once the dracolich hits half HP, have the pyramid start to fall from the sky. They have to kill it before it slams the pyramid into the ground.

This is a great idea. But keep in mind it would only take about 4 seconds to hit the ground from 200 feet up. Also: if your boss doesn't say "IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!" you will make Starfox sad.

I'd put the pyramid up higher (maybe it teleports up way high to prevent easy escape when the first starts). I'd also add a "reverse gravity" like effect, not "falling up" but becoming lighter and lighter as the floor accelerates downward faster than you do.

dave2008

Legend
Necrotic energy for the breath weapon and bonus bite damage and use the spell casting variant to give it some spells and then let it cast them as legendary actions.

Also, give it the lich's paralyzing touch on its claw attacks.

Balfore

Explorer
Necrotic energy for the breath weapon and use the spell casting variant to give it some spells and then let it cast them as legendary actions.
Ideas for spells?
Negative energy will put an end to their heals though...lol

dave2008

Legend
Ideas for spells?
Negative energy will put an end to their heals though...lol

Well it can have up to level 8 spells and 6 total spells once per day, so you have a lot of options. I don't know that you need to do more damage, but some ranged damage options are a good idea. Disintegrate seems like typical lich spell, then maybe cone of cold, or chain lightning. I would suggest haste, since it is going to need some extra actions to challenge that party.

Balfore

Explorer
Here are the Lair actions I created, or reskinned:
Thoughts?
2c0e8bf799f9453c4d544c17b0215864.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases