5E Announcement coming February 6th
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 312
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    198

    Announcement coming February 6th

    During today's D&D Fireside chat with the Director of D&D Nathan Stewart, it was mentioned that the new product announcement would take place on February 6th...unless Nathan Stewart spills the beans himself on February 2nd, during the next Fireside Chat.

    We're almost there, folks!
    XP Olive, TiwazTyrsfist, darjr, TerraDave, Warpiglet and 2 others gave XP for this post
    Laugh gyor laughed with this post

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by vecna00 View Post
    During today's D&D Fireside chat with the Director of D&D Nathan Stewart, it was mentioned that the new product announcement would take place on February 6th...unless Nathan Stewart spills the beans himself on February 2nd, during the next Fireside Chat.

    We're almost there, folks!
    Whelp, if "Marathon" is slated for May, as leaks suggested, then February is about right for a three month preview build up.

    Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app
    XP vecna00 gave XP for this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    198
    Indeed, my friend. Indeed. We should restart the hype train.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post
    Laugh Saba Taru laughed with this post

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vecna00 View Post
    Indeed, my friend. Indeed. We should restart the hype train.
    Not until February 6th, so we know what train we are hyping, or if we even want to hype it.
    Laugh Parmandur laughed with this post

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    Not until February 6th, so we know what train we are hyping, or if we even want to hype it.
    Ahh, that donít matter. Hype train only got one destination: Hype Town!

    (Of course, hype train got no breaks, and just past Hype Town is Disappointment City.)

    But nevermind that,
    ALL ABOOOOOAAAARD!!!!!
    Last edited by Charlaquin; Saturday, 13th January, 2018 at 08:43 PM.
    XP Parmandur, vecna00, i_dont_meta gave XP for this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    Not until February 6th, so we know what train we are hyping, or if we even want to hype it.
    That's my secret gyor, I'm always hyped!

    Seriously though, I totally get it. I just get so starved for official content that I just can't help but be hyped for something that I may not even want. Could it cause me to be a bit more disappointed than it should be? Absolutely! I do find it a bit difficult to manage expectations when I have so few opportunities to be excited over new things for my favorite hobby.!
    XP i_dont_meta gave XP for this post
    Laugh arkenal laughed with this post

  7. #7
    So my understanding is the current rumors are Marathon, Broadway, & Catacomb will comprise 1 Adventure Path and 2 Supplements.

    I wonder if one of them will be a PHB2 or Advance Players Guide. So far things like Scag and XGE have had Sub-Classes, but they have been publicly play testing two base classes, would those go into a +1 book like Scag/XGE, or would they go into something more "Core"?

    Wild and Irresponsible Speculation Time! *Kermit Flail*

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist View Post
    So my understanding is the current rumors are Marathon, Broadway, & Catacomb will comprise 1 Adventure Path and 2 Supplements.

    I wonder if one of them will be a PHB2 or Advance Players Guide. So far things like Scag and XGE have had Sub-Classes, but they have been publicly play testing two base classes, would those go into a +1 book like Scag/XGE, or would they go into something more "Core"?

    Wild and Irresponsible Speculation Time! *Kermit Flail*
    We don't really know much about the three books, except that Broadway will have a set of dice marketed alongside it, like ToA did: probably an AP. They have said they are only doing one Adventure a year moving forwards, so the odds are the other two books are not Adventures: could be something like TftYP, though.

    The introduction to XGtE made it pretty clear that it was the PHB 2 and DMG 2, as Volo's was the MM 2. They do have two new classes in testing, but neither is ready for primetime according to the designers, so I don't expect to see their final form this year: when they see release, they will have been playtested extensively.

    Rumor from one of the WotC freelance artists is that one of these books has a lot of monsters: another Volo-style book seems plausible. My guess for the other book is a Manual of the Planes, with some other setting information thrown in for cosmological completeness.

    Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app
    XP TiwazTyrsfist, Galendril gave XP for this post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    198
    There's a chance we'll get the Artificer this year. I wouldn't put the percentage at higher than single digits, but it's still a chance!

    Also, with all of the uses of the term "D&D Multiverse" we should be getting something planar or multi-setting this year.
    XP gyor, Parmandur gave XP for this post

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vecna00 View Post
    Also, with all of the uses of the term "D&D Multiverse" we should be getting something planar or multi-setting this year.
    That's what everyone on the forums wants.

    So, instead, expect either a devil-themed, or gith vs. mindflayer themed adventure set in the Sword Coast of Faerun.

    But hey, there will be an appendix telling us how to adapt it to other settings.
    XP Coroc, i_dont_meta, doctorhook gave XP for this post
    Laugh MxBaticeer laughed with this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Fantasy 40 Coming In February 2016
    By Morrus in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Friday, 4th December, 2015, 03:32 PM
  2. Far Away Land Kickstarter Coming in February!
    By Dirk Stanley in forum Publishers, Promotions, Press Releases, DMs Guild, & Kickstarter Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Saturday, 15th February, 2014, 07:09 PM
  3. Coming in February from Jon Brazer Enterprises.
    By dmccoy1693 in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, 5th February, 2013, 04:11 PM
  4. [MG] Coming Soon To A February/March Near You!
    By MEG Hal in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sunday, 26th January, 2003, 05:53 AM
  5. [YB-Judges Announcement] A Long time coming...
    By MidKnight in forum Playing the Game
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Tuesday, 15th October, 2002, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •