EarlyBird

Explorer
Tyranny of Dragons
by Wizards of the Coast
&
Kobold Press

TOD3_TH.jpg
Hoard of the Dragon Queen

In an audacious bid for power, the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seeks to free Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to bring her to the Forgotten Realms.

The cult’s forces are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen.

The threat is so dire, factions as disparate as the Harpers and the Zhentarim are banding together to battle the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been as desperate.

Let's hope we have found those heroes.

[sblock=Party]
jmucchiello - Ethina 'Tina' Stillwater, human (on the path to becoming a Bard)
TallIan - William Hookton, human fighter
DueceTraveler - Rumdum the Small, halfling thief
hero4hire - Tyrial, human cleric
Khraos - Filmark the Guardsman, human fighter
Leif - Sebastian TenPennies, gnome illusionist/assassin[/sblock]

LINKS:
OOC
RG

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Meeting others along the road has helped shorten the long boring trip from Beregost, with companionship. Your feet are sore, but your adrenaline surges anew when Farmer Hammar tells everyone that Greenest is just over this rise. You make your way to the top of the hill...

hoard-of-the-dragon-queen-image_zps9h0bhwsd.jpg

For the past several days, you have been traveling a road that winds lazily across the rolling grasslands of the Greenfields. Sundown is approaching when you top a rise and see the town of Greenest just a few short miles away. But instead of the pleasant, welcoming town you expected, you see columns of black smoke rising from burning buildings, running figures that are little more than dots at this distance, and a dark, winged shape wheeling low over the keep that rises above the center of the town.

Greenest is being attacked by a dragon!

Gutter helps Farmer Hammar get his cart and mule out of the open. A small copse of trees sits not a hundred yards away from the road, and the ranger leads the mule towards it.

OOC: Welcome! And have fun.

Last edited:

A dragon?!? What in the Nine Hells is a dragon doing here? Tina's mind races as her feet are also racing out of town. She had barely managed to grab her stuff and run from the inn. Hopefully it didn't burn down. It was a nice place but she knows she was going to be fired again from her barmaid job. Third time in a month. And Greenest is running out of taverns. There was a loud whomp as a nearby building was engulfed in flames. There goes another one.

Tina does not find a safe place to stop until she find a copse of tree at least half a mile from the edge of town. After catching her breath she start to put on her scale mail. Worst thing about bar tending is they don't want you wearing armor. She was adjust one of her leg straps when she hears a creaking sound behind. She turns with her weapon drawn as an old man leads a horse cart under the protection of the set of trees she was using for protection. Travelers. They seem to be looking toward the town. Dragon must still be visible.

She lowers her weapon and flips her hair from her face. "Hello! Welcome to the quiet town of Greenest. Perhaps this isn't the best time to arrive." She's a tall woman with a muscular build. She casually holds a sword nearly as long as she is tall in one hand. Her other hand is hooking a stray strap on her armor.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Farmer Hammar gives a start at the greeting, but Gutter just pats the nose of the mule to keep it calm.

"What is happening? Greenest has nothing that would interest a dragon, unless this one has given over to eating hay," the farmer says standing in his cart and peering back towards the town.

"Unlikely its' a vegetarian," Gutter grunts in reply.

TallIan

Explorer
William followed his traveling companions to the copse, helping to hide the wagon and calm the mule.

Just as he turned his attention back to the town a tall woman, heading from the town, took shelter under the trees as well. William listened to the exchange, getting a little annoyed at the humour centered around other's suffering.

"I gather that the attack was a surprise then? How is the garrison coping? Because from here it looks like they could use a hand."

EarlyBird

Explorer
"You want to go down there, William?" Farmer Hammar asks his eyes going wide. "You are a brave lad indeed."

Gutter checks his bow string by feel, his eyes still on the town. "Odd," he comments. But says nothing else.

<after some prods him to elaborate lol>

"Looks like another building caught fire, but the dragon was a good three hundred feet in the air when it did."

"I never saw the town guard. I heard the screams and smelled the smoke. I grabbed my stuff and came out here to find somewhere safe I could get my armor on." She adds under her breath, "I hate having to work without armor."

Terry turns to look at the situation Gutter was talking about. "That is peculiar. Could the dragon somehow be a ruse? I didn't ever get a good look at it."

TallIan

Explorer
"That is odd." William says with a frown on his face. "I'd say it could be looters, but that seems unlikely since the dragon is still about. It's even less likely it's saboteurs, the town is not fortified or under ground attack... is it?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases