Building a Bladelock for Cursebringer UA

redCartel

First Post
I have a player who wants to be a Tiefling with a big 2 handed weapon.

Looking through some UA, I found the Abyssal Tiefling which has more useful stats (+2 Cha, +1 Con), and also this invocation in the Warlock and Wizard UA:

Cursebringer (a warlock invocation)

"You can create a greatsword forged from silver, with black runes etched into its blade, using your Pact of the Blade feature. If you reduce a target cursed by your Hexblade’s Curse to 0 hit points with this sword, you can immediately change the target of the curse to a different creature. This change doesn’t extend the curse’s duration. When you hit a creature with this weapon, you can expend a spell slot to deal an additional 2d8 slashing damage to the target per spell level, and you can reduce the creature’s speed to 0 feet until the end of your next turn."

(remembering that Hexblade's curse heals you when you killed the cursed monster)

I'm curious as to what people's thoughts are on the best way to build around that ability. My immediate concern is AC & HP.

My thought is to build Fighter / Hexblade (1st level fighter for the heavy armor) with the following stats:

Str: 14
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 8
Wis: 12
Cha: 16

Strength 14 with the intention of eventually taking Heavy Armor Master to get to 15 for full plate & also to not be worthless during level 1.

But I'm pretty much open to suggestions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases