D&D 5E Any news on an existing or new Campaign Settings out there?

I'm thinking it is time to retire my long established Homebrew Campaign Setting (due to an End of History kind of thing after a very Epic finale).

I'm waffling between creating a new one from scratch (which, TBO, I enjoy anyway) and just finind an established/published setting.

All that being said, [TRIGGER WARNING], I HATE HATE HATE Forgotten Realms. I can't stand the Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Generic canned feeling of it. Add in the Uber NPCs like Drizzt and Elminster who couldn't be less interesting if they tried, I don't want anything to do with it.

I'm aware of Tal'Dorei and I'm considering purchasing it (though I'm the only one in my group who enjoys Critical Role).

Are there any other 5E Campaign Settings I don't know about besides the official one?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I don’t know which you don’t know about, but there’s a wiki thread in this forum which lists campaign settings. There’s at least a dozen or more. On my phone so can’t link, but hopefully somebody can for you!

This one?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...the-Third-Party-5th-Edition-Campaign-Settings

If you’re looking for something distinct from Forgotten Realms, I’m not sure Tal’Dorei is it. To me it felt somewhere between FR and Kingdoms of Kalamar.

Of the ones listed that I’m familiar with, Mists of Akuma is really inventive and cool – shades of the old Oriental Adventures with steampunk elements added. Primeval Thule definitely fits a more Sword and Sorcery feel. I liked Scarred Lands back in 3e, but haven’t kept up with it since.

Well, I don’t know which you don’t know about, but there’s a wiki thread in this forum which lists campaign settings. There’s at least a dozen or more. On my phone so can’t link, but hopefully somebody can for you!

The best selling Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting is the big one, probably moving more copies than any campaign setting not published by D&D. And you don't need to be a fan of CR to appreciate that setting.

Kobold Press' Midgard Setting is off to the printers. Expect PDFs in a month or so and hard copies in a couple months. IIRC the book will be mostly system neutral, but a 5e book will be released about the same time.

Remove ads