D&D 5E Giving back to the D&D Community- Positive Stories of D&D Heroes!

darjr

I crit!
I have bought starter sets for toy donations. If we all did think of how many would be out there to be found and fire the imagination of a new lifelong fan?

Quickleaf

Legend
Recently my dear childhood gaming friend visited with his girlfriend. Great people. It had been 18, maybe 20 years since he and I played. And his girlfriend had always wanted to but been intimidated out of getting into the hobby by immature boy gamers when she was younger. So this was the perfect opportunity to introduce the game to someone new, and she took to it like nobody's business!

Lots of fun :) I ran them through an adaptation of an old Dungeon adventure called Hunt for the Hierophant with lots of puzzles/tricks/traps, and a stack of custom-made 3rd level pregens to choose from. I think that will be my go-to one-shot from now on.

And for bonus points I entertained my girlfriend enough that she wrote up her first D&D character with me.

Looking forward to sharing the hobby with more folks this year!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I just started a game with my best friend who never really had an interest in those type of things. His girlfriend and an old friend I didnt see since 2007 also joined, along with her younger sister whom I havent seen since we were all in kindergarden. We play Beyond The Wall but with 5e Adventure Path, and they love to be hero's in their own ways. They still struggle a lot with how the game works, but they will someday learn and some of them even showed interest in running a game one day or another. This is a great time for the hobby and I'm glad to be part of an ever-growing community that have one common goal: fun.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
The other day I showed up to my Adventurer's League game a little late, with a hamburger and fries because I had missed dinner. And one of the other players was like, "Hey, can I have some of those fries?" and I was like, "Oh, OK, sure."

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
It's not my story, but my local gaming store (which is pretty nice, very family friendly atmosphere) used to (may still) open their doors on weekend mornings before business hours in coordination with a local private school. If the kids met certain goals, they got the store to themselves to play D&D, run by one of the adults.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Well, it is a positive story ....

What?!?!? It is a God-damned MIRACLE and I am a God-damned HERO OF THE HUMAN RACE!!!!! You wouldn't make these snarky comments if I was a [insert identity group here]!!! THIS is why we can't have nice things! /ragequit

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases