ZEITGEIST How did Gale learn to fly

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Two of my players are likely to be very interested in Gale, one if a fellow Eladrin and the other is an Air based Kinetecist who would no doubt want to learn how to replicate her flight ability as at the moment if he picks up Wings of Air he will only be able to fly in 5 minute bursts. I am coming up with some idea's of my own but I Would be interested if anyone had any brilliant ideas already?

Canonically, it's unexplained.

The likely answer is that some odd confluence of planar motions and the circumstances of her birth caused her to be bonded to Avilona directly. Basically, it's her super-power, like how the Flash is fast.

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
I thought that was probably the case. My impression though was that Avilona itself tended towards 'broken' flying. I am thinking it's a result of early Ob experiments with planar tuning which linked her to an alternate source of Air energy

ediz

Explorer
The broken flying has to do with the Seals. The Seal of Avilona prevents flying and was done in by the ancients.

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
There does seem to be some confusion on the point. Until a while ago things could fly much better, hence the dragons losing the ability so 'broken' flight is not a property of Avilona. There seem to be three explanations for it
1) Something changed in Avilona
2)Kasavarina and her team broke the connection when they were investigated the Ziggurat linked to avilona
3) The pillar from the ritual of the ancients had broken due to erosion making the connection weaker

IIRC if you use Avilona in the final ritual flying remains difficult so I think ultimatly something is wrong with Avilona, if my players get curious I will probably say Kasavarine broke Avilona.

I think for Gale I am going to go with her being a subject or accidental exposure victim of early pre lantern OB attempts to establish connections to other planes, which linked her to a different plane of Air, this will explain why the pc's cannot replicate her abilities

Kasvarina messed up the seal in Ber, which created backlash that damaged Avilona, which broke the column on Axis Island.

Or maybe it was the opposite order. Magic doesn't make sense.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases