[AU] Butterfly Cage - Full, but calling everyone!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok guys, this will be the OOC thread for the Arcana Unearthed Butterfly Cage game. We're doing 32 point buy for stats, starting at level one.

Our roster is as follows, along with what everyone is playing (or thinking of playing). You may also spend starting gold on potions from the DMG if you wish (but I'll give you some more flavorful names and origins for the typical potions).

Our Cast of Characters

Dalamar - Galen Dumaine (male human runethane 1/wind witch 1)
Keia - Connor Cloudwatcher (male loresong faen magister 2)
Erekose13 - Scinathar (mojh racial 1/winter witch 1)
WizWrm - Sanje (male verrik champion of death 2)
Jaik - Mochor (male litorian oathsworn 2)
Rybaer - Grathis the Twice-Bitten (male sibeccai racial 2)

Inactive players
ES2/Earthshadow - formly Scinathar

In Character thread
Rogue's Gallery thread

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Ray - how set were you on us trying to play different races and classes from one another? I'm still vacillating between a few different options.

If Keia goes with the Champion, I'll likely try to fill in the Magister role (not certain what race yet). If not, then I'll most likely go with a melee-oriented character. My inclination is to take straight litorian racial levels, eventually segueing into either Unfettered or Totem Warrior. If you'd rather we try to each try different races, then I'd probably go with either a giant or sibbecai Warmain.

Rybaer

First Post
Ray Silver said:
I'd really like to go with six different classes and six different races so we can take the widest amount of AU out for a spin.

Right. Well, I'll make my final call once Keia has chimed in.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rybaer,

I'm going with the faen loresong magister, I was just worried we wouldn't have enough muscle up front to deal with any threats. But if you're going warrior-type, that definitely frees me up to be the loresong magister.

Keia

ES2

First Post
Okay, I'll post my character in the Rogue's Gallery within the next day.

I have a question for all of you guys. How do I post a link in my signature area? I want to put this game in my signature so others can see and view it.

Rybaer

First Post
I decided to go with a racial Sibbecai. He's shaping up to be pretty mean in a fight. Not sure which way he'll eventually go...totem warrior or warmain are likely, but something else might inspire him along the way.

Character has been posted.

ES2 - you can set up the signature in your profile settings. To make a link here, use the format {url=http://(from this page)}CLICK ME TEXT{/url}. Just replace "{}" with "[]".

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rybaer, Grathis looks good. Did I mention that I like character background? Good work there.

Also, I'd like everyone to know everybody, not even necessarily well, but at least an aquaintence. You can have closer or more meaningful character relationships too if you like (like the litorian oathsworn and the mojh, which I'd dearly love to hear the full story behind that).

You guys will all be starting in the large town of Hardak, a primarily human town with a hearty addition of faen (primarily quicklings, but some loresongs and sprytes as well), and with a tiny, separate cloister of verrik on the town's edge. There's also a small sprinkling of the other races. The town is in the middle of a gold rush. The mountainous area, originally settled for logging and trapping, has recently yielded several unexpectedly large gold deposits.

However, persistant rumors have circulated that one of the mines is in fact not a mine, but a corridor to an ancient temple dedicated to a witching site or perhaps a number of particularly reveared giant ancestors, or even some kind of site of magical power created by a magister.

Many people are flocking to Hardak, some for the gold, some for the job surrounding the gold (crafting, guarding), and some for these wild rumors of untold power waiting below the earth.

You're in Hardak for one reason or another, so go ahead and put a line or two in your character background as to why you've ended up there. You may have seen some of your aquaintences/friends on the road here; or perhaps you're traveling together with your close friends; or maybe one of you has hired the other to take them to Hardak or act as a consultant. Whichever way, just try to work it into your background somewhere.

If anyone needs some more background for whatever reason, just ask.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases