[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

Rybaer

First Post
Presenting Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and Mystic Eye Games' Siege on Ebonring Keep.

Cast of characters:
Khajom - litorian oathsworn 1
Dayan Sonor - human mind witch 1
Pyior Silverleaf - loresong faen magister 1
Pirythanis the Steadfast - sibbecai warmain 1
Ys-Baddaden - giant racial 1
Danwyn Reed - human snake totem warrior 1
Osric Hammelhorn - human akashic 1

Rogue's Gallery thead.

OOC thread.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Word has recently spread throughout the region that a small military force has finally reclaimed the Ebonring Keep from the rhodin scum. The ancient stronghold had been loosely under the control of rhodin for nearly a hundred years. The recapture of the site marks an opportunity to bring the bandits and other foul creatures in the region on the border of the Floating Forest under control. It is a golden opportunity for young adventurers to make a name for themselves.

You find yourselves among those interested in the opportunities for adventure in the area and, individually or in small groups, you eventually make your way to Lothis. Lothis, a small trade center, is about the closest city to Ebonring Keep and the Floating Forest. The city is surrounded by a wooden stockade and earthworks. Guards at the city gates charge a silver coin for admission, but are generally very welcoming to strangers. The population is largely human with a sprinkling of nearly all other races. Noteworthy, Lothis is the largest city in the region not under the control of a giant Steward. Instead, the Trade Council oversees matters pertaining to the growth and defense of the city.

Most all manner of services are available within the city. For newcomers, rooms can be found at the Eagle's Rest and nearly any bit of adventuring or mundane gear can be had at Mithellin & Mithellin Mercantile. The finest drinks can be had at the Laughing Lamia. Adventurers are more likely to gather at the Liars' Club, where the price of admission is a tale of heroics or daring. Those who have not faced death are likely to be turned away by the regulars.

During the early afternoon, while out in the city streets, you hear the cries of a boy as he runs in your general direction:

"Adventurers needed at Ebonring Keep! Only the brave need apply!"

When he spots you (either individually or in groups, this will happen to all of you), he quickly approaches. "Hey, I haven't seen you around before. Might you be an adventurer?"

Note: The rhodin are a bestial humanoid race that tends toward stealing and raiding. They aren't necessarily cruel and usually exhibit cowardice when outnumbered. The rhodin and litorians have a long history of hatred for one another.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Khajom scratches his left arm lazily and yawns, exposing his sharp fangs and large tongue. Shrugging, he looks at Pyior. "Well?" Secretly, he hopes the faen will be interested—he couldn't think of a better way to spend some time than killing some rhodin. Even better if he can do it while protecting the small magister—it would be highly efficient.

ShadowX

First Post
Dayan Sonor

"You could call me an adventurer, boy. Where is this Ebonring Keep and what do they want? This sounds like a good way to fill my purse and practice my art."

Mirth

Explorer
"Hmm, this seems most interesting Pirythanis, does it not?" Ys-Baddaden asked his traveling companion. "Let us listen to what the lad has to say, shall we?"

The giant walks over to where two humans and a litorian have gathered around the boy crier. Over their heads, he asks, "Why the sudden need for hired help, young one? I had heard last that Ebonring Keep had been wrested from the strangling grasp of the rhodin."

garyh

First Post
mirthcard said:
"Hmm, this seems most interesting Pirythanis, does it not?" Ys-Baddaden asked his traveling companion. "Let us listen to what the lad has to say, shall we?"

"Of course, Ys-Baddaden," Pirythanis replied. The sibeccai accompanied the giant over to the the child.

Rybaer

First Post
The boy blinks and looks a bit taken aback by the crowd his shouting has attracted. Pulling himself up to his full height, he begins to answer your questions.

"Well, I don't know much for details. Iriana Truthspeaker sends word from Ebonring Keep. She has need of fine, brave adventurers to retrieve something stolen by the rhodin scum. Bean Silvertongue is offering a free round of drinks at the Liars' Club to any who volunteer."

He pauses and looks at each of you expectantly.

ShadowX

First Post
Dayan Sonor

"Well I don't drink, so what other rewards will be available to those who volunteer?" says Dayan as he looks around at the others that have gathered.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Khajom nods at Pyior's silence. There are worse things to do than help other people, even if I have to drag the quiet, litte mage with me. Maybe there'll be something interesting for his bestiary. Half growling, the litorian rumbles, "Bring me to Truthseeker. We can always listen."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases