[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep

garyh

First Post
"The giant and the human" - the Sibeccai placed more emphasis on the first of those than the second - "are right. Surely you would know you could not hope to contend with one such as Pirythanis the Steadfast, much less he and his allies."

Rybaer

First Post
Mirth said:
"Whose orders were those, son?" Ys-Baddaden asks their newfound prisoner. "One of these lying here? If not, I am reticent to let you go just so you can warn your leader and bring more arms to bear against us. You have given us no reason to trust your word, that is certain."

The man pauses for a moment in thought. "Gern over there," he says, indicating the one who was crushed by Ys-Baddaden's morningstar, "he was more or less the leader here. Don't look like I'll be warning him about nuthin' again."

rangerjohn said:
"Especially, since you fear them so much, that you attack against overwhelming odds. Both in numbers and skill."
garyh said:
"The giant and the human" - the Sibeccai placed more emphasis on the first of those than the second - "are right. Surely you would know you could not hope to contend with one such as Pirythanis the Steadfast, much less he and his allies."

"Yeah, well, we kinda figured we'd have done a bit better with our bows," he says. "Thought we'd take a couple down...then the rest of you'd be easier to handle, or just run away. Gern didn't plan for contingencies too well."

Mirth

Explorer
Rybaer said:
The man pauses for a moment in thought. "Gern over there," he says, indicating the one who was crushed by Ys-Baddaden's morningstar, "he was more or less the leader here. Don't look like I'll be warning him about nuthin' again."

"Yeah, well, we kinda figured we'd have done a bit better with our bows," he says. "Thought we'd take a couple down...then the rest of you'd be easier to handle, or just run away. Gern didn't plan for contingencies too well."

"It looks as if we really cannot trust you, then," Ys-Baddaden says to the would-be ambusher. "I was giving you the chance to either lie or tell the truth, and you obviously chose the lie. Before, you said 'WE attacked you... those were OUR orders...' meaning someone else, other than Gern over there, had told you three to stop any adventurers from reaching the keep."

Turning to his companions, the giant says, "We will receive nothing but more lies from this one. I say we strip him and leave him naked as a babe. How well he fares after that is not our business."

Rybaer

First Post
The ambusher spirit seems to be cracking under the scrutiny of the giant.

"Uh, beggin your pardon," he stammers, "but I really wasn't lying. Gern is our leader...at least of the four of us out here. He made the final decision to attack you.

"Now, yeah, I guess those orders did come from someone else in the first place. Drell...he's the guy that told us to waylay anyone like yer'selves out here. Didn't tell us why, though. You can take it up with him if'n you like, but he's probably in our camp and that's in the Floating Forest. It's almost a week's walk from here.

"Please, I've been tellin you the truth about this...more than enough to get me killed twice over. Just let me go. I'll leave my weapons and swear to never bother you again."

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Khajom smirks. "Well, no matter what, I suggest someone take his weapons. It's a good start." The litorian yawns and stretches.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kajamba Lion said:
Khajom smirks. "Well, no matter what, I suggest someone take his weapons. It's a good start." The litorian yawns and stretches.

Danwyn thinks and replies "yes, take his weapons." Then turning to the man, "I suggest you make for new lands, for if I or I presume Drell, see you again, you are dead."

Mirth

Explorer
"It sounds to me as if we have a consensus," Ys-Baddaden says as he steps forward and grabs hold of the ambusher. "I will take these," the giant says as he begins relieving the warrior of his weapons. Once that is done, he gives one final command to the human, "Strip."

Rybaer

First Post
The defeated man glares up at Ys-Baddaden, but lets the giant disarm him completely. At the command to "strip," he looks around...as if gauging the likelihood of being able to flee without getting skewered. He looks again at the bodies of his former companions, the last of their lifeblood seeping into the soil, and begins to shed his clothes.

When he's down to his smallclothes, he pushes his way through you toward the road. Cursing under his breath, he makes to start walking down the road opposite the direction you were traveling...pointedly looking no one in the eye.

[ooc - Quick questions. 1. Do you let him walk off in his undies? 2. What do you do with the remaining bodies? 3. Are you going to let Pyior rest for a bit or press on?]

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Khajom watches the man walk off in his smallclothes, shaking his head. I'm not sure I'll ever understand humans—had he told the truth right away, I would've allowed him to take at least a dagger with him...

"I'm not sure what you want to do with the bodies, but we aren't moving until Pyior's through resting." Khajom says this matter-of-factly, as if he were commenting on the weather or ordering dinner at a tavern.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kajamba Lion said:
Khajom watches the man walk off in his smallclothes, shaking his head. I'm not sure I'll ever understand humans—had he told the truth right away, I would've allowed him to take at least a dagger with him...

"I'm not sure what you want to do with the bodies, but we aren't moving until Pyior's through resting." Khajom says this matter-of-factly, as if he were commenting on the weather or ordering dinner at a tavern.

Danwyn replies "maybe we can get some clue as to there group from the bodies. After that I suggest we find somewhere else for Pyior to rest. I would hate for them to come back and find us unawares."

Remove ads