(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Red Dragon Inn
The Red Dragon Inn is home to a motley sort of people. Located near an incredibly life-like statue of a Great Red Wyrm, rumored to in fact be a petrified dragon. Surrounded by a complex of two taverns and a huge inn with hundreds of rooms of flexible cost, the Red Dragon only irks a small amount of it's costs from the ale and bedding. In fact, most of the profits accumulated at the Red Dragon come from individuals that may never have set foot inside at all.

The Red Dragon is the functioning base of operation of a huge number of adventuresome individuals. Oftentimes a wealthy employer will post an advertisement at the establishment, costing anywhere from nothing for those who need help the most, to hundreds of thousands of gold pieces from kindoms farther away than most people knew the world stretched.

Who sets these prices? The bartender, an infamous brewer by the name of Joe Smith. His reputation is in his bar, and the bar is in his heart. He makes the decision to let the poor and neady post warrants, jobs, and anything else for pennies, while charging absolutely abusive amounts of money for the wealthy to have a similar contract. People pay what he thinks they should pay, and all but those that shouldn't be posting here anyway make the concessions to do so.

This has allowed the bar to grow to it's incredible size. Many a new table was paid for by a simple advertisement. And, in exchange, the Red Dragon is open and often free to it's clients. Drinks of all sorts, wines, ale, milk, and foreign fruits all make their way to the Red Dragon, where anything is possible. The only people not permitted in the Red Dragon are those that offend the barkeep.

Many people tell the stories about the historical figures that have graced the Red Dragon. Many of these stories are told in the stories of bards and the wives tales of the oldest bar maids. The interior is ever changing, some tables being made of common woods, and others being purchased at extreme costs to accomodate the best of heroes and nobles. If someone doesn't like linen bedsheets, oftentimes silk will be imported within the hour to cover those that need it. Of course, this tends to be the path to offending old Joe, but he won't kick you out till your willing to leave on your own.

The dragon's eyes glow at night, acting as a beacon. The street lights on the paths outside allow for an excellent night-time environment. By the time everyone wakes up, they can find a bed of toasted breads, morning pastries, cheeses, eggs, and if they need something special, it only takes a few minutes to make. The Red Dragon is obviously a fine place to spend a night. Of course, the clientel that come her most often are also the same kind of folk that always find themselves on the road, and having a home away from home is a huge reason why they all return here eventually.

The first thing any visitor should do, upon entering the the Red Dragon, is shuffle up to Joe. The barmaids try to ensure that this happens promptly, because Joe can't stand anyone that doesn't say hi at the very least. The second thing Joe does to any visitor, is to get them to shout out their name and any important facts about themselves that others might need to know. Then, third, the entire bar greets the newcomer and gets back to their drinking. It's all just customery, but Joe sure does appreciate it.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Enter Shariff.

The halfling entered the tavern as he normaly does. Dodging through the "Too Tall" section of the Inn and straight on to the Gnome/Halfling corner. It's nice of Joe to provide a section of 'normal' sized seats and tables with a wait staff to match.He put his cloak and bag down at a table close to the "Too Tall" section and approached the Bar. He saw Joe washing a glass and said "Goodmorning! How are you today Mr. Smith?"
Shariff Silvershields (as he has been called since his powers came into play) stood tall and proud on the ledge running along the "right sized section" of the bar. He was dressed in typical halfling traveling clothes all black and gray in color. His long hair swept back in a topknot and his clear blue eyes sparkeling.
"Might I get a mug of tea and some scones?"

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens and Ewald walks in again, He takes his customary look around before walking up to the bar. Despite the early hour, it already seems prety busy in the taproom.

He nods to the halfling at the other end of the bar. "Morning, Sir. Tea sounds about right for this today." To the bartender, he adds "Could I have a mug as well please?"

While waiting for his tea, Ewald eyes the bulletin board. The notice that the grey elf eyes yesterday still seemed to be there. Might be interesting. Let's see what's up there...

_________

Playing Ewald Tain, currently looking for adventure in the Red Dragon Inn.

Pyrex

First Post
The tavern door opens to admit a youngish human, in dusty travelling gear. A well cared-for longsword hangs from one hip and an ugly black warhammer is slung from his backpack. Curiously, given the early hour, he looks exhausted.

He walks up to the bar and slumps onto a stool, setting his pack on the floor beside him.

"I'll have a mug of dwarven stout and a plate of whatever is hot. After that I'd appreciate directions to the nearest bath-house and a room."

Seeing expectant glances when he doesn't introduce himself he adds:

"Oh, I'm Remi Odaren. Nice to meet you all."

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian Enters

Swinging the well oiled door open, Gregorian can only stare at the huge establishment. He notes the bartender, and goes up to him with a smile.

"Hello! My name is Gregorian. I'm looking for some work, and I was told that this is the place to look!' His friendly manner comes accross imediately in his sincear manner. When Joe takes teh hand, offers his anema nd asks for Gregorian to introduce himself to the inn, Gregorian is more then pleased to do so. He motions to a raised platform for the purpose, and asks for permission from Joe to use it. With Joes nod, Gregorian steps up to the platform and raises his voice for all the patrons to hear.

"Hello! I'd like you attention please. I was told by the fine owner of this establishment that I should introduce my self!" Gregorian has brown hair, and brown eyes, but has striking bone structure that makes him... almost too good looking. "Well, now that I have your attention, my name is Gregorian Windfall, and it is a pleasure to meet all of your acquatences!" His eyes seem to touch each persons in the room in a manner that seems to hint at knowing each of you personnally, and liking what he knows. Withthat last, he looks to Joe to see if he's met the barkeepers expectations, and seeing the nod, turns his attention back to the patrons a last time. "I thank you for your time and patients! Thank you!" With that, he steps down with a chuckle.

"That was fun!" He sits down at the bar, and when Joe asks him what he'll have, he answers with an order of wine. Once he recieves it, he asks Joe where he can look for employment. Joe points him to the Bulitin board. Gregorian moves over to it and takes a look.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Entering the Red dragon on his second morning in The City, Silver Cat looks less weay and more chipper than the day before. It would take a lot of getting used to, a tavern that didn't become a bloodbath of Duels at the drop of a hat.
Ordering some tea, he looks about for job opportunities.

Mithreander

Explorer
Gregorian Sighs, looking at the angle of the light through the window. It always seemed to be this way. As soon as the inn becomes more busy, it was time for him to go!

With yet another sigh, he heads towards Joe to inquire about a room. Not being to picky, the want-to-be-nobleman excepts the lowest costing room and goes up to retire.

I hope that tomorrow offeres more opertunities he thinks as he disappears up the stairs to his room.

Creamsteak

Explorer
With his rock-shaven face of mishappen and even ingrown stuble, Gur Chuck-chuck looks like a true outdoorsman, even if a begger of one. When he walks inside the bar he ignores Joe at first, until one of the locals instructs him to do so or get out. In a really gravel-like voice, Gur sounds out,

"My name is Gur Chuck-chuck, don't you dur make funovit, or I ought to rip you a new ale-hole."

Joe takes offense at first :)p), then moves on. The man then approaches the bulletin board and announces, "Hey, have any of you even looked at this work? It's at least a job, and hell, there ain't much work around 'ere."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Silver cat finishes his Tea and then moves over to where Gur Chuck-Chuck stands, smiling and saying 'What work would that be, friend Gur Chuck-Chuck. I am ...' The Elf pauses and then says 'Silver Cat. I hail from far off Rivenblight.'

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well, it says right here that somebody is willing to pay for someone to disable some kind of golem or golems. It only says ten gold pieces though, but I think it's implying that depending on how difficult the job really is, the pay could be quite a bit more. I think the ten coins each is just a frontal fee."

Gur ponders for a second, "Enchanted golems... sounds interesting. Of course, what the hell is a golem? Eh, since they are dwarven I guess it's some kind of undergound animal or earth creature... not my favorite hunt, but probably not the worst way to spend my time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases