WOIN Finding Vehicle Weapon Stats

Wandering

First Post
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find the vehicle weapons in the N.E.W. core rulebook. For reference I also looked at the NOW vehicles in the WRRD and didn't find the weapons stats for the main gun of the Abrams. The art of the mechs suggests that they can mount larger weapons than the man portable weapons in the weapons section. Can someone point me towards where the damage, range, etc. for those weapons was provided?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They're on [WOIN] Modern Equipment on page 47 (NOW is where most of the vehicle rules are found). There's a bunch of machine guns, cannons, missiles, energy weapons, and flamethrowers there are suitable for mounting on vehicles.

The Abrams main gun is the M256A1 120mm Smoothbore Gun (aka the Royal Ordnance L7 Gun).

Cost 28,000; Slots 2; Weight 250lb; Damage 4d6 ballistic; ROF 2; Range 20

Wandering

First Post
I picked up Modern Equipment and it has the information I wanted. Thank you.
Also it looks like you provided the weight, damage, Range and Rof for the SLX-42 20mm Smooth Bore Mounted Gun. The Royal Ordnance L7 Gun stats in the pdf work better for the sense of damage scale I was looking for in my campaign.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I picked up Modern Equipment and it has the information I wanted. Thank you.
Also it looks like you provided the weight, damage, Range and Rof for the SLX-42 20mm Smooth Bore Mounted Gun. The Royal Ordnance L7 Gun stats in the pdf work better for the sense of damage scale I was looking for in my campaign.

Ah, oops. Sorry, yeah, I was typing too fast and gave you the line above the one I meant to!

Yeah, the L7/M256A1's stats are a bit higher than that. It's a rather bigger gun!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's also a handful of more futuristic vehicle weapons in Xenomorphs. Only a half dozen or so though.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 16.13.19.png

Remove ads