(IR) IR Interlude between Turns 3 and 4 (thread 2)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna, upon hearing his name spoken again, scries the speaker, and finds out he is blocked by 10th level magic.
But he guesses who it might be.

Vecna nods, in approval.

No Child is that one.
He is an Adult, and strong.
Were that all Oerthians were like him, and not spineless Children.

Vecna then frowns, and sends out another telepathic call:

Forrester, I asked for a reasonable reparation for war crimes committed.
You have not only failed to deliver that reparation, you have failed to even answer my demand.
You are indeed an arrogant and lowly Child.

You have one final chance to repay the debt owed.
I give you this last chance.

If you do not answer, or I receive a Child's answer from you, the City of the Gods will be unleashed upon you.

What say you, Child of Toril?

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
I am ruling that Anabstercorian, Mr Draco and Serpenteye, Lord Melkor, Rhialto, and Uvenelei, were able to obtain some of the blood goo before the Torilians formed their cordon.
They posted before Forrester did.

Edena_of_Neith

"Interlude" my ass. Shees.

Fine. We take some of the Red Goo ourselves. Does it offer some sort of bonus to attack/defense? (At least, against those not using weapons/armor of Red Goo?)

The other question is, of course, how long it takes to make items with this stuff . . . I'm hoping/guessing that it will take at least half a turn.

Forrester

Forrester

First Post
Edena -- given that the Bad Guys have plenty of access to it already, we'll withdraw from it. And take some with us.

But check your email soon . . . a key question will be asked.

---------
Vecna -- I'm a Child now, eh? Before I was an Adult.

Must be those potions of Longetivity.

I am interested in peace between us -- surely, Oerth does not deserve to have the City of the Gods unleashed on it -- but your terms are, shall we say, a bit extravagant. I mean, we only have so many elves to part with!

Let me talk with my advisors. I'll get back to you in a few millenia. While you're waiting, feel free to bugger Talos to pass the time. I hear he's got the hots for your Undead Bod.

Forrester

Vecna.

Vecna may know it what Vaeregoth who spoke, and all may know but only who'm not where. Because all may know were I stand and what I believe.

I shall stand firm and FIGHT for what rightfully belongs to us.

And I shall fight, bleed and overcome and stand victorious over the battered bodies of my fallen enemies or I shall fall and fail but know that I had done all that lay in my power and die in peace with my faith and beliefs.

And I have seen 2 people do the same untill now and only the late people of irongate and Vecna himself have earned that respect from me.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
It will give any forces employing it an additional + 1 / + 2 attack/defense.

A modified attack roll of over 6 indicates a second kill against enemy forces with one roll.

It can be worked very quickly.

All Powers who begin working with it now will be able to outfit their armies fully by the beginning of Turn 5 (one Turn from now.)

The Angels advise you not to take it or use it, Forrester.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna, smiles.

A horrible, terrifying look of dreadful delight and anticipation comes over his withered, ancient face.

He whispers:

You have spoken, Forrester.
Let the fun, begin.

Forrester

First Post
Shees. Why should it be "huge" at all?

Your forces are mostly human. Why would humans benefit from fighting in some place that is slowly turning into the Plane of Shadow, anyway?

Uvenelei

First Post
I don't trust the stuff enough to outfit any living, thinking creature with it. All of the red steel I produce will be turned into golems, and I will not produce any excess goo; only a little at a time, and any goo that is created will be worked immediately.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A full + 2 / + 2 attack/defense, Lord Melkor.

If the Torilians come in, they are in for an unpleasant surprise.

As per your request, the Shade Poisoning deepens and expands.

The Nyr Dyv, despite it's great depth, turns a sickly grey, and it's waters become lethal to living things.
Wolly Bay is filled with the poison, which is now drifting down clear into the northern Azure Sea.
The sea life of Wolly Bay is all dead, millions of fish rot on the shores, and the tritons, merfolk, and other intelligent beings have fled.
The atmosphere above the Nyr Dyv and Wolly Bay becomes putrid, painful to breathe, and every effort is exhausting to non-Shade who dare to venture on those waters.

The Shade poisoning spreads into the Cairn Hills and Abbor Alz.
The rivers turn black with poison, and the fish wash up dead on the shores.
The trees wither, their leaves drooping and hanging still, while the grass turns brownish, then greyish.
Birds tumble to the ground, too sick to fly, and the small furry animals lay dying in their dens.

The Shade poisoning spreads into the western part of the County of Urnst.
It also spreads to the Isles of Woe in the Nyr Dyv.
It also spreads into the Bright Desert.
There, the rivers turn murky, and drinking from them causes illness.
The air becomes befouled, unpleasant.
The trees and fields acquire a sickly yellow hue, as the first poison enters them.

On the north side of the Nyr Dyv, in the Shieldlands and the southern part of the League of Warlords, the first hints of illness appear.
Rivers are no longer fresh, the air is no longer clean, and the trees and fields are less green than they were.

(To Mr Draco and Serpenteye - The Isles of Woe will have to be evacuated permanently, and their PL transfers to the County of Urnst, where the poison has only just started and the area can still be saved.)
(To John Brown - the Cairn Hills and northwestern Abbor Alz will have to be evacuated permanently. The Bright Desert is only feeling the first effects of the poison, and it can still be saved.)

Last edited:

Remove ads