(IR) IR Interlude between Turns 3 and 4 (thread 2)

Edena, if Vecna needs help in awaking City of The Gods, we will help him, we may sacrifice some pl to do it.

However, Vecna`s phylactery will be send to The Deep Shadow Plane, where Lord Melkor has his realm. We inform him, that if he doesn`t obey Lord Melkor, we shall destroy it.

William Ronald

Explorer
A slow dance in the moonlight

Edena: You will have my template in the morning. I will create some NPCs. I will also e-mail people who need to send in their templates shortly.

creamsteak: I think it might be possible to transfer their powers to other creatures, kind of like gene swapping.

(The following post is to be free of violence and a tender interlude in an often violent IR. In order to assure the peace, Heward and Murlynd, two demigods are present. As one of the parties invited to this event has 10th level magic, I must assume it is protected from all scrying and teleportation effects. There are two people who are meant to post responses to this thread. No gate crashers allowed. Guests who wish to honor the participants are. Your intentions will be known. Edena, if anyone tries to ruin this, I ask that some of the Angels of Hope Island - the actual angels - wag fingers and move the offending party back home.:D)

In a hidden location in the Kevellond League, an orchestra is heard rehearsing. They sit in a wide courtyard in a stately manor and castle. Nearby a waterfall is seen, its waters creating silver threads like a necklace as it poors. The sound of music is heard from the quartz rock in the water fall.

The demigod Heward is leading the orchestra and strumming on a harp. A single musician hits a wrong note on a flute.

"No! This has to be perfect. This is a night that our guests will remember, hopefully for an eternity. Take 10 minutes and let's strt again."

Heward turns to Murlnd, complete in his cowboy garb, with magical six shooters and a magical rifle. "I should not be so hard on them, they are mortal after all. One of them only has 20 years of experience as a bard."

"Don't worry, pardner. It'll be alright," Murlynd says in a twangy voice. "Glad you left the Mystical Organ at home. Keoghtom is still a bit upset about your LAST concert with it."

"I did not mean to hit the meteor swarm key! It was an honest mistake in a complex piece. I made restitution!"

"It's fine now. So, when should our guests arrive? We are security. I also brought my harmonica, my guitar and my banjo."

"They should be here soon. This is a pristine natural setting. The waterfall is one of the best kept secrets on Oerth. It is musical and responds to music. It has been weeping at the wounding of our world. Something must be done," Heward says, a look of worry on his face. His bald brow furrows in worry.

"I am sure it will. I have faith. Faith manages, love endures. A smart man from another world told Keoghtom that once."

"The current Lord Ronald's ancestor, the Man who fell to Oerth?"
Murlynd said. "Pity that he and Slerontin didn't show up with the other time travellers."

"Yes to both thoughts. The world has changed in some ways, but in others not enough. Hate rules too many hearts. There are even some wicked fools who view the wounding of Oerth with glee."

"There always are, I'm afraid. Let us hope our guests arrive soon. I'm getting hungry. And that Keoland brandy looks might fine. Then there's the Yeomanry wine and the Furyondy ale. A feast to satisfy many desires."

"Desire - and love - is what we are here to honor. As well as courage."

A pair of lovebirds coos in the trees.

"Beory, it seems, has sent her well wishes to this feast. Truly we are honored," Heward says.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- Also can I undo shade poisoning with 10th level magic? If I can I will do it drive the shadowstuff back towards Shadow Throne. And I am using 10th level magic to Light up as much of the Shadow Throne as I can for a Turn.

Melkor- Enjoy the Light. My gift to you.

Alzem

"Greeting Mighty Solar, It is good to see you here. The forces of Light need much aid. It will be an honour to fight beside you. Welcome to Oerth. "

As elven armies prepare to attack The Shadowlands, they have to face a small force of undeath emerging from it. At first they smile at the foolishness of the enemy, but then they see who are they facing, for these zombies were once their brethren, members of their families. Their bodies show signs of terrible torture, their faces twisted forever in the expressions of terror. Efforts to resecurrect them fail, and divinations will reveal the true, that their souls were given to denizens of The Shadow Plane, Yugoloths, or sacrificed to Lord Melkor himself. They will suffer for eons, and Arvandor is denied for them.

Kalanyr

Explorer
(I will ward the area against scrying and teleporting, any uninvited "guests" will be sent home (by home I mean upside down in the largest collection of dung I can find in their country) or placed right in front of Zagyg with an "I like really complex long practical jokes and have an excellent sense of humour" sign on their chests whichever suits my whim.)

Kalanyr approaches the area, bringing a party of guests with him, Zuggtmoy, Xaene, Lyzandred,Eclavdra,Iggwilv,Kerpatis and Ivid (who I hope left the Tarrasque at home, could be a little difficult to find food for all otherwise).

He stares around the place waiting for everyone to arrive. "A fine setup you have put on. I thank you for this Heward,Murlnd and ArchCleric Hazen"

Zuggtmoy goes to find Keoghtom to talk to him about the healing properties of certain fungi.

Eclavdra, wanders around gazing at the beauty of nature all around her, a Holy Symbol of Kalanyr hanging from her neck, for now Freedom grants her her spells.

Ivid decides he will be the bouncer or the charrer if things get to bad and takes up a rather righteous guarding pose.

Keraptis is babbling about making a fun maze with magical treasure at the end, while Xaene,Iggwilv and Lyzandred listen.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
edena: Is there a limit on the number of PLs a player can put into advancing one's civilization.

If Lord Melkor's god is slain, are the souls of his victims released? Also, can I build a fortress out of the corpse as was done by the Githyanki with Moander's body on the astral plane?:D (Have a sense of humor for a change, Lord Melkor. You can go out of character and not be penalized.)

To two players and their PCs: Enjoy my previous post "A slow dance in the moonlight."

Alzem: An official welcome aboard. I look forward to reading your reply to the Wanderer's post. I will bring my ambassador, Gwilym Raonul, who went to Hope Island back before Turn 4 begins. Your PCs and NPCs probably met him as he investigated Toril and did a tour of the planet and Realmspace. He has been there since Turn 0. (How long did it take him to Realmspace.)

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
Hah, like Zagyg needs a sign in order to know that people like his jokes. :D

Besides, I don't think you'd want to put uninvided guests in front of Zagyg; he and Aurican will be at the feast to celebrate. When Zagyg shows up, he sits in with the orchestra; he brought his slide-whistle (he is, however, surprisingly good on it).

Kalanyr

Explorer
Uvenelei- Zagyg will be in attendace? I am glad, if any interlopers show up Zagyg and they can provide "special entertainment".

"Greetings, O Fiery Dragon, I am pleased to see you and you friends here. "

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- I will begin forging Red Steel weapons and armour, however no one will use it, it will be locked in a 10th level magic protected building with strong guards. Divinations continue about the ratio of good to bad affects. Anyone caught attempting to abscond with the Red Steel or the Goo will be chucked off the side of the mountain and not get the benefits of the mythal on the way down.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases