Large starship deckplans

Krael

First Post
I'm looking for some starship deckplans. Not of small starships though. I'm looking for something absolutely huge, something on the order of the size of the 'Nostromo' from the original Alien.

I want a ship that is large enough to run an entire game through, something with enough alternate routes, twisty passages, etc to be able to run a number of different types of games on it.

I'd like free, but failing that, I don't mind spending money, as long as the quality is there.

Krael

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
You may want to search on Traveller, a number of sites have deck plans. you can also check out www.Profantasy.com download their free view and then check out their library (the viewer will allow you to print).

Last edited:

Tom B

First Post
Well, this ship isn't large on the scale of the Nostromo, but it's still a great set of deck plans. The ship is 162m long. Although, the actual 'ship' part of the Nostromo was probably not a lot larger than that.

http://www.zaon.com/rpg/default.php

On the left is a column labelled "Downloads". Scroll down until you see the link for the "Imperial Customs Frigate". There are other deckplans, but the other ship isn't as large. There is also great artwork on this site, which is dedicated to a new SF rpg called 'Zaon'. Still in production, but you can download the full rulebook as a PDF for free...and it's a big book. There are downloadable maps as well.

Tom B.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The biggest ship I've seen deckplans for was for Traveller - they put out a boxed set for the Azhanti High Lightning class ship.

It was "only" 60,000 tons (Traveller tons, about 300,000 realworld ship tons), and it had about 20 big sheets plans.

(Unfortunately, it's kinda rare these days. I used to have one, but lost them. <sniff>).

A more practical idea might be to look for deckplans for real world cruise ships, and simply use them.

Pbartender

First Post
For very large ships, I usually just make a block diagram of the different areas of the ship. Then I have a handful of interchangable small maps (you can build them from the bits provided in the SW Starships of the Galaxy book, if you have it) of important areas, for when combat pops up, or detail is needed.

Having a deck plan for even something like a star destroyer is neat, but is about the equivalent of having a map of a small city with floor plans for every single building in the city. It's a lot of work and a pain to keep track of.

As much as I've looked, I've never been able to find actual deckplans for very large ships.

Last edited:

Krael

First Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Exactly the type of response I expect from Enworld (and I mean that in a good way!).

What I'll probably wind up doing, is taking the plans for the Babylon 5 station, and modifying them to allow for propulsion.

That should be enough detail for at least a colony-type ship, with all that entails. It can be modified to be fully self-sufficient, which is part of the goal.

Did I mention I wanted 'big'? :)

Krael

Remove ads