Dragon Magazine [3.0] Rangers & Bards

RedCliff

First Post
Issue #301 has an article on masterpiece performances, which give different kinds of bonuses when you use them. For example, The Blackworm Wiggle is a comedic dance that works like the bardic fascinate ability, but causes a -8 penalty to Spot and Listen checks, and The Blood Tears of Corellon grant a +15 competance bonus to Perform skill checks, but only when playing to elven and half-elven audiences.

There's also rules for creating masterpieces.

Issue #292 doesn't have a lot of ranger information in it per se, but it contains a few ranger-oriented prestige classes, and one article detailing a few of these also touches on how dwarves, halflings, and half-orcs view the ranger class.

Hope that helps.

Melkor

Explorer
Thanks for the info.

Were there any WoTC website updates to the 3.0 Ranger or Bard classes ? I'm wondering if anything 'official' came out regarding either class in 3.5.

I know Monte Cook did some stuff, but I was just wanting to know if they had an 'official' treatment after the 3.0 PHB came out.

Hey

Melkor said:
I know Monte Cook did some stuff, but I was just wanting to know if they had an 'official' treatment after the 3.0 PHB came out.

I believe the only official changes to either class post-3.0 are located in the 3.5 PH. :)

Thanks
-Matt

Last edited:

Melkor

Explorer
That's what I figured. :)

Obviously, the Ranger class got a change....and seemed to need it, but that's got me wondering - what are the reasons to play a Ranger in 3.0 ???

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases