You-Tube cracking down on RPG videos ?

You-Tube seems to be cracking down on videos with keywords such as Dungeon, and combat and other common D&D related topics..

I posted this gameplay video from the other night and it already got flagged by You-Tube for keywords..
The irony- all it shows is a 3d terrain map with minis and the encounter ..

[video=youtube;d9KIrExY4io]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9KIrExY4io[/video]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How odd. Is that some kind of automated algorithm? What happens when it gets flagged? Does it get taken down?

How odd. Is that some kind of automated algorithm? What happens when it gets flagged? Does it get taken down?

you get a notification that it was flagged, it then becomes unlisted.. If you appeal the decision ( like it did ) - it gets put back up until a human reviews the video and they make s final decision . Its a very strange process

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
None of my videos have been flagged nor have I received any notification and they all have "keywords such as Dungeon, and combat and other common D&D related topics." So it is very weird. Hope it gets sorted out for you.

PS: Liked your video!

Last edited:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Sound like the demonetization algorithm at work. A lot of Youtubers that have big enough channels have had most if not all of their videos demonetized so it appears to be the association with war combat or violence. On appeal they usually get reinstated and apparently it the AI rating system has got less aggressive.
My guess is that they are expanding the forbidden terms. You should appeal.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sound like the demonetization algorithm at work. A lot of Youtubers that have big enough channels have had most if not all of their videos demonetized so it appears to be the association with war combat or violence. On appeal they usually get reinstated and apparently it the AI rating system has got less aggressive.
My guess is that they are expanding the forbidden terms. You should appeal.

I got an email saying the EN World Youtube channel was being demonetised. From zero to... zero then? Can't say as it bothered me!

pogre

Legend
Nice layout! I love the DF city stuff and have a ridiculous amount of it. It seems like a lot of our action takes place in the sewers.

Hope your video/youtube issue gets sorted out.

Remove ads