He Says Nobody Can Beat His Tower

Blockader7

First Post
His his deal:

He claims nobody can beat his tower.

I don't have any info on the interior but here is the exterior:

First of all there's no way of entering the tower except through the top.

Now what so special about the top?

He has it guarded by 20 Imps each armed with a Wand OF Magic Missiles and four non-modified Iron Golems.

Secondly it's made out of pure adamtite.

It's five stories tall.

The bottom is secured against entry through a nest of 10 Bullywugs, with one gargantuan sized.

So how would you get past this?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Blockader7 said:
So how would you get past this?

I'd wait until he comes out of it, club him on the head and take the keys :)

Seriously, depends on what level I might be. It's just a material thing, so any spell that bypasses physical materials will get you in. Dimension Door, Ethereal Jaunt, etc. Any teleporting creature can get in with no problems.

Alternately, if you're fairly high level and have a lot of time, you can just blow a hole in it with sonic damage. (With the cocky attitude, it sounds like he mixed up adamantium and adamantite - the tower isn't made of the same thing as Wolverine's claws :) )

With adamantium's 20 hardness and 40 hp/inch it'll take awhile. Or we could just extropolate from Iron and say that adamantium has a 50 Break DC. Or use a Horn of Blasting, which ignores the hardness. I'm sure there are spells that could transmute or weaken the material. Or just put some putty on that trap door on the roof and wait for everyone to run out of air. :)

orbitalfreak

First Post
Ring of Invisibility, antimagic spells and effects, teleportation.

Earthquake
Any structure standing on open ground takes 100 points of damage .... Hardness does not reduce this damage, nor is it halved as damage dealt to objects normally is. ...

leeann_the_lame

First Post
I don't know about the rest of it, but a set of rust monsters with improved invisibility cast on them work nicely for iron golems (I'm not even sure that they need improved invisibility -- is eating an attack?).

Oh course, the tricky part is capturing the rust monsters before they put a big hole in your planar cruiser.

Magic Slim

First Post
EricNoah said:
{hijack}

Oh, where oh where is Hong when you need him?

{/hijack}

lol. Watch it before your grandma washes your mouth with soap.

On topic: At what level should we consider our hypothetical PC's that are trying to get intoi said tower?

Slim

d4

First Post
...guarded by 20 Imps each armed with a Wand OF Magic Missiles...
here's his first mistake. wands are spell trigger items. you can't use a wand unless the spell it holds is on your class spell list. imps do not have magic missile in their list of spell-like abilities. so the imps are basically holding sticks they can't use. ;)

Remove ads