For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Arkhandus

First Post
Fixed the math after all the late decisions by folks to actually keep some of the magic item loot rather than trading it. Fleck and Seebo take their shares (82,061 GP and 5 SP in value, each) but what exactly they buy or trade for isn't important. Ak'man foregoes a share as he's stated before.

Fahlias trades in his +4 Belt and +2 Amulet for the +6 ones from Falarn's Tower. After his other trades and purchases, Fahlias has 6,902 GP and 9 SP left from his share of the loot.

Kralic trades in his Boots, Cloak, Shirt, Sword, and Tan Bag of Tricks, getting Falarn's superior Mithral Shirt and his Sword of Subtlety. He gets the Sword of Subtlety upgraded to +3. He keeps a pair of Gloves of Dexterity +4 from the loot. Kralic keeps 30,927 GP and 5 SP from the coins and gems.

Szitha trades some loot for the Metamagic Rod and Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1st-level caster as noted before). He keeps a Cloak of Resistance +2 from the loot, as well as the 4 platinum rings, the 3 pots of silver dust, and the 3 pots of gold dust. He trades some of the other loot to have Falarn upgrade the Cloak to +4, and to upgrade Szitha's own +2 Shocking Burst Shortspear with the Spell Storing property (which costs 18,000, not 10,000, since it was already a +4 equivalent weapon beforehand). Szitha keeps 36,886 GP and 5 SP from the loot.

Szenthrass gets the Cloak, Ioun Stone, and Ring he was trading for. Szenthrass keeps 33,061 GP and 5 SP out of the loot.

Assume any thousands-of-GP amounts are retained in the form of various 100-GP gemstones, such as amethysts, jade, tourmalines, or golden pearls. Assume coin-like weight for the gems on average, so every 50 gems is 1 pound. The remainder of any GP left over is in actual gold coins or one-tenth as many platinum coins.

NOTE: I cannot open the session log sent by Ak'man. For some reason Yahoo! just can't open any session logs he sends, even though it was clearly an HTML file. I don't know what the problem is, but it's persistent. SO, I don't have any record of what was said or done before OpenRPG crashed on me. I don't remember if any of you brought up different items you wanted to purchase or decided against getting, because I cannot check the session log to be sure.

So if I missed anything here that you might've mentioned purchasing during the first hour or half-hour of tonight's session, let me know here. Likewise, if you wanted to buy anything from Marusk the human mage, like Bags of Holding or Efficient Quivers, say so.

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
and to upgrade Szitha's own +2 Shocking Burst Shortspear with the Spell Storing property (which costs 18,000, not 10,000, since it was already a +4 equivalent weapon beforehand). Szitha keeps 36,886 GP and 5 SP from the loot.

Szitha traded his +2 Spear of Wounding for Szenthrass' plain +2 Spear last session along with their armor. Szitha had the plain +2 Spear upgraded which should be 10,000 to move it from +2 to +3 equivalent.

Szitha never owned a +2 Shocking Burst Shortspear (it was one of the items you listed the shop had that I decided against getting in my post).

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
That would be extremely odd seeing as I checked my copy of your OpenRPG node and Szitha had a +2 Shocking Burst Shortspear or whatever in there. And that's a pretty old copy IIRC. I don't remember when you might've replaced it with a Wounding spear, though I remember you using a Wounding spear in battle.......so I'm probably just forgetting. But a definite reason why you should send the DM updated copies of your sheets after any significant changes or level-ups.

And anyway, Falarn's one on sale was a Shocking Burst Shortspear +3 of Returning. I couldn't have gotten it mixed up, and I knew full well you were passing on Falarn's expensive magic spear. Szitha DID have a +2 Shocking Burst Spear of some sort on his sheet originally. Though you might've replaced it early on and never sent me an updated sheet. Please send me updated sheets for Szitha and Szenthrass at the start of the next session.

Anyway, seeing as you were upgrading a different, plain +2 spear, then yes it only cost 10,000 GP for that one, yielding 8,000 GP back for Szitha. However, that puts him above what Falarn would've given in cash-money for traded-in items after Szitha's share of cash and gems is considered (as mentioned, Falarn offers more value in trade than in cash, as giving cash encourages buying from competitors), so Szitha actually gets just 7,000 GP from that.

firehorse

First Post
You must have one of the original sheets I sent before finalizing him and before Szitha started. I was sure I had sent them to you in-game once or twice after that, but who knows. Remind me in-game and I will send you new nodes of the sheets.

Szitha has a +2 Spear of Spell Storing (now) and regular +2 Mithril Plate.

Szenthrass has Szitha's +2 Spear of Wounding and his +1 Mithril Plate of Speed.

I'll adjust his gold accordingly.

Steven7

First Post
I'll spend the 5k we discussed, its a drop in the bucket at this point, I'll find a mage to take care of the spells when I get a chance to get to town, I'm sure theres a mage there somewhere willing to spend a couple hundred xp for a large sum of gold. So 2 servants, a mirage, an arcane lock, and what 2 or 3 prestigitations trying to calculate the xp costs for the effects. I'll get back with an actual number when the fog in my head clears up. Oh, as for the telekinesis, I was thinking instead maybe a wall of force, would that do the trick?

Arkhandus

First Post
14,000 GP is what I would charge for the spells and Permanencies for them that Cerys wants in his abode. That's ignoring the guideline of 5 GP per XP spent, which I'm cutting down to 1 GP per XP spent. Assuming that Cerys used his contacts/connections etc. to get a relatively-cheap deal on the 8,500 XP worth of Permanencies cast and the spells it was cast for. As opposed to the 42,500 GP normally expected for that much XP spent by an NPC caster. The 14,000 is separate from the 5,000 GP for the house+shop itself.

Kralic gets his Bag of Holding for the standard market price of 5,000 GP from Marusk in Barbeni earlier.

Also, looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post the Chameleon PrC description and such for T13K, in another thread, since I was unable to spare the time for it over the weekend.

Steven7

First Post
14,000 pshh, I'll have that after we drag ourselves out of that goblin infested rathole, I already deducted the 5k from my left over leaving me with 7,300GP in wealth, not necessarily coins. good night everyone

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, as noted in the Perils of Thunder Island thread, I lost my Internet connection early Tuesday morning. So I didn't get around to any of the posting I had intended to do on Tuesday (which was a lot, dangit). It'll have to wait a bit.

However, tonight I managed to get my Internet connection restored, so it looks like I'll be able to run FMTG this week as normal. It sucked not having Internet all week, though I was briefly able to use a relative's computer yesterday afternoon to let folks on EN World know what was up.

I'll catch up with posting stuff over the course of Monday and Tuesday hopefully, dangit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases