For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Arkhandus

First Post
I'll post later with what Fahlias wants to buy. He'll also trade in some older, weaker magic items... (Belt of Giant Strength +4, Amulet of Health +2, I figure.)
Falarn will probably offer 13,000 GP in trade for those two items (.....the first of which is the one you bought from him last time....).

Dragonwriter

First Post
Dragonwriter, did you sell the svirfneblin spellbooks as part of the loot? I don't think you did, but for reference, Fleck would be keeping those as part of his share and probably to bring back to his guild later.

Falarn will probably offer 13,000 GP in trade for those two items (.....the first of which is the one you bought from him last time....).

No, I didn't do any value on the spellbooks. For the svirf stuff, it was just Bracers of Armor +1 and +3, 2 Gloves of Dexterity +4, 2 Headband of Intellect +2, and 2 Cloaks of Resistance +2 (though they might've been Giantish, you never said their size). So Kralic could keep one of those sets of gloves, rather than trade/purchase. It'll just count against his share.

And 13,000 for those two is okay.

Crazy-San

First Post
Okay, so yeah, Kralic would keep one of the sets of gloves. And does Falarn have any Bags of holding? even just the type I? because Kralic could use one of those, all hes' got now is a handy haversack which he would add to his items to be traded if he can get a Bag of holding, also adding the Tan Bag of Tricks, deciding that He won't use it enough, and even then, the creatures would be more distractions then anything.

He would not keep the Keen Short Sword +2, but he would have the Sword of Subtelty updraged, if the group is planning on staying in the area for a while before going on their next adventure, up to +3 if he can afford it and they have the time.

Arkhandus

First Post
No. Falarn doesn't specialize in planar magic/items. He only has a suit of Ghost Touch armor from an earlier trade (GT requires Plane Shift, which he doesn't have). There's a human mage in town that he mentioned to the group last time, who deals in such things. So if you want to trade for such items, you'll need to go see the human mage.

Removing one pair of Gloves of Dexterity +4 from the loot will cost the group 14,000 GP in trade value; that's 2,400 GP less trade-in value per character. And counts as 16,000 GP in Kralic's loot-share (so 16,000 GP less from the general loot, leaving him with 24,800 GP in coins and gems). Everyone has 37,600 GP in trade-value each, then (rather than 40,000 from the traded-in magic loot). Kralic gets to keep his boots and mithral shirt then (not that either does him any good with the new armor he's trading for). At least he can try trading those to Marusk in hopes of getting a Bag of Holding or something.

.........Apparently I have no session log from when the group briefly met with Marusk. Don't know why. But it would've been on 4-13-09, April of this year.....anyone happen to have a log from that session? I have logs from the 6th and the 20th....

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, I think I'e got Fahlias' shopping list done... Some of it is just upgrading his gear...

Trading Belt of Giant Strength +4 and Amulet of Health +2 for 13,000... Giving me a total value of 92,250 GP (37,600+13,000+41650) (and some change).

Trying to get these: Belt of Giant Strength +6, Amulet of Health +6, Buckler upgraded to +3, 3 bottles of silversheen, 2 bottles of universal solvent, upgrade Cloak of Resistance to +3.

It leaves me with about 6,400 GP left over, which I figure I'll just get converted to bars/gems and have enough cash handy for Raise Dead again, just in case.

EDIT: And I'm going to buy another half a dozen bow strings and 40 arrows. Can't remember the price on bow strings... But there's another 8 GP, only 2 of which is buying the arrows. I think the strings would be under 1 GP each...

Steven7

First Post
I'm not sure if this got posted since I don't see it, but this is Steve and my character Mr. Cerys Ghurke can craft magical items by using his bonus feat as an Item Creation feat, now I recognize that it seems a little on the powerful side being able to swap out item creation feats from wands to rods, rings and staffs, weapons and armor. So if you want to limit that I understand but I totally have some planned character background stuff to go with the fact that he can create all sorts of magical items. Mind you I won't be using it in game except maybe once or twice way down the line such as a party member wants to buy an item they can't find if I have the materials I may be able to remedy the situation. Also if you allow it I would like to see if Falarn has any magical materials for construction of items so I can stockpile it for later use.

firehorse

First Post
Ok, the Saurian brothers' shopping lists so far are as follows:

Szitha is interested in the Metamagic Rod, Extend Spell (11000) and the Wand of CLW (750)(Am I to assume the caster level is 5th since you need to be at least that level to have the Craft Wand feat?). I would also like to see if Farlarn can add Spell Storing (10000) to his +2 Spear. He would also like to keep the spell components (platinum rings, powdered gold and powdered silver) you mentioned above if nobody objects (425). If the remaining +2 Cloak of Resistance is normal sized, Szitha too would like Farlan to enhance it to +4 (12000). If all this is acceptable, that should leave about 5000gp of Magic Items (34175 total) and 40000gp of cash for Szitha. The remaining magic items value he will donate to his brother to make up part of the 9000 extra.

Szenthrass will trade his 40,000 worth of magic items plus whatever magic item trade value Szitha has left over, making up the remainder in cash for the Deep Red Sphere Ioun Stone (8000), Ring of Evasion (25000), and Cloak of Resistance +4 (16000). (49000 total)

The Shocking Burst +3 Shortspear of Returning is tempting, but not at 76000 gp. If available, he would rather purchase some Javelins of Lightning and maybe an Efficient Quiver.

I'll see if there is anything else and get back to you in-game if it is available. Otherwise, the brothers will likely cash out the remaining.

Arkhandus

First Post
No, Falarn only sells magic items and spell components. He won't sell materials for his competition.

Also, note that your spells known and caster level are kind of limited. You can't make magic weapons or armor beyond a +3 enhancement (nor some other items of higher bonuses, such as Rings of Protection, Belts of Giant Strength, Bracers of Armor, etc.), nor with special abilities that are equivalent to a higher than +3 enhancement, and don't know a ton of arcane spells. And you'll never qualify for Craft Staff or Forge Ring, as your Chameleon caster level never exceeds 10. So while yes, it is a very useful class feature (the Chameleon's daily-changeable bonus feat), it does have some limits. Read the magic item creation rules in the DMG/SRD if you don't know what I'm talking about.

(EDIT: Based on my houserule for the Chameleon in T13K, as I missed its double caster level rule; for T13K, the Chameleon PRC has a caster level equal to its level in the class, not double its level in the class.)

Kralic, you can get a Bag of Holding from Marusk if you want, paying cash/gems for it. Marusk doesn't have any more Portable Holes right now, nor any more phase spider silk for crafting them right now (Szitha bought the last of it from him before).

Dragonwriter, I'd say each bowstring costs 1 silver piece. Let me know what your Cloak and Buckler have for their current bonuses before the upgrades. However, you'll probably have magic-loot-trade-value remaining after the swaps and upgrades, and Falarn won't pay the same in coinage as he will give in trade; any excess value left in magic-item-trades will only get about 70% as much gold from Falarn, i.e. he's less eager to give you money to spend at competitors' shops than he is to just trade magic items directly for other ones.

You can convert the remainder of Fahlias' loot share to numerous 100-gp gems from Gil's shop, and if you have enough left over, you can spend it on however much diamond dust you need for a Raise Dead or Resurrection.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Ok, the Saurian brothers' shopping lists so far are as follows:

Szitha is interested in the Metamagic Rod, Extend Spell (11000) and the Wand of CLW (750)(Am I to assume the caster level is 5th since you need to be at least that level to have the Craft Wand feat?).
No, it's 1st-level caster. You can craft wands at a lower effective level than that needed to get the feat; the minimum caster level is that needed to cast the spell.

Firehorse said:
I would also like to see if Farlarn can add Spell Storing (10000) to his +2 Spear. He would also like to keep the spell components (platinum rings, powdered gold and powdered silver) you mentioned above if nobody objects (425). If the remaining +2 Cloak of Resistance is normal sized, Szitha too would like Farlan to enhance it to +4 (12000). If all this is acceptable, that should leave about 5000gp of Magic Items (34175 total) and 40000gp of cash for Szitha. The remaining magic items value he will donate to his brother to make up part of the 9000 extra.
Yes, Falarn can add Spell Storing to a magic weapon.

So......you're keeping one of the Cloaks of Resistance from loot that was going to be traded away at first? That lowers Falarn's trade-in value, but I'll assume it just comes out of Szitha's share, reducing his share of the trade-in value by 3,000 GP. Wondrous Items resize to fit the wearer, like magic rings (frankly I still don't understand why 3.5 removed the rule saying that magic armor resizes to fit the wearer).

Firehorse said:
Szenthrass will trade his 40,000 worth of magic items plus whatever magic item trade value Szitha has left over, making up the remainder in cash for the Deep Red Sphere Ioun Stone (8000), Ring of Evasion (25000), and Cloak of Resistance +4 (16000). (49000 total)

The Shocking Burst +3 Shortspear of Returning is tempting, but not at 76000 gp. If available, he would rather purchase some Javelins of Lightning and maybe an Efficient Quiver.

I'll see if there is anything else and get back to you in-game if it is available. Otherwise, the brothers will likely cash out the remaining.
Falarn cannot make Efficient Quivers and does not own any. He has one Javelin of Lightning available.

You can purchase an Efficient Quiver from the human mage Marusk with coins and gems, however.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases