For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Arkhandus

First Post
Giants' Lair Loot

Much later in the week than intended (just got sidetracked and didn't get around to it early in the week), here's a repost of the loot from the frost giants and their lair.

After Lurass' gold is taken out, total recent loot is as follows.

Fna'kor (magical adamantine dwarven waraxe, etched with Galvic runes and rimmed with gold around the pommel) (NOTE: Ak'man returned it to the dwarves of Thoradur, where it belongs)
Banded Mail of Luck
Nine Lives Stealer (evil magic longsword)
+2 Dwarven Mithral Full Plate
+2 Large Greatsword
+2 Large Greataxe of Frost
+2 Large Full Plate Armor
Ring of Minor Energy Resistance (Fire)
8 Large suits of Chainmail +1
8 Large suits of Chainmail +2
16 Large Greataxes +2
Cloak of Resistance +2
Periapt of Wisdom +4
Cloak of Charisma +2

12 Large Greataxes
12 Large Chain Shirts
2 Doses of Bloodroot Poison
3 jars of powdered silver
3 jars of powdered gold
5 platinum bars
5 gold bars
5 electrum bars (half the value of gold)
5 silver bars
5 copper bars
20 iron ingots
4 platinum rings
Argossean tapestry
3 Ceomyrian tapestries
4 fine giantish rugs
2 Large ceremonial daggers of silver and gold
Large gold and silver comb
Large ivory comb studded with rubies
Pair of gold and silver bracers, studded with bloodstones
103 gems
210,000 gold pieces

Much will need to be appraised for value, and how much you get for any of it will depend on where you get it appraised and try to sell it. It also remains to be seen whether or not Ak'man will lay claim to any of the loot, or just accept the retrieval and return of Fna'Kor to Thoradur sufficient.

NOTES ON GEMS
The gems from the frost giant tunnels are appraised as follows:

10 violet garnets, 200 gp each
10 blue sapphires, 800 gp each
10 aquamarines, 600 gp each
10 golden yellow topazes, 200 gp each
10 amethysts, 100 gp each
10 blue quartzes, 10 gp each
10 emeralds, 800 gp each
10 bloodstones, 20 gp each
10 moonstones, 60 gp each
10 peridots, 50 gp each
3 black star sapphires, 1,200 gp each

Obviously, I took a shortcut and didn't roll all 103 gems individually.... :p We can assume these are averages.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Blast it, I'm probably going to be late tonight... At latest, I'll be on at 8 (Pacific), though I hope I'll be home before then... I almost have the loot divvy done for the giants.

And I'm going to miss next week. After that, my schedule is clear.

EDIT: Sorry about that, I got my schedule confused... I'm fine tonight, it was tomorrow (non-issue) that I'd be busy on. But I am missing next week.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry. It's a Nine Lives Stealer; I always get those two items confused. It's an evil magic longsword as originally described in-game.

Arkhandus

First Post
Appraisals and Falarn's Tower

Later than expected, but anyway.......

You each have 40,800 GP worth of coins, gems, and precious stones from the giants/svirfneblin loot to spend (the tiny bit of extra value gets spent at Gil's place, getting the gems and such appraised to begin with). I'm assuming Fahlias accounted for the bars of platinum, electrum, gold, silver, copper, and iron with that particular calculation.

However, did you sell the 4 platinum rings? They're worth 50 GP each and are standard Shield Other focus components. Each of the 3 jars of powdered gold holds 50 GP worth of gold dust (enough for use in two Arcane Lock spells each), while each of the 3 jars of powdered silver holds 25 GP worth of silver dust (a common component for various divine spells). The Argossean tapestry is appraised at 600 GP in value to what passes for nobles in Argossea but only about half that in Lorlynia. The 3 Ceomyrian tapestries are appraised at 500, 400, and 300 GP in value (from the largest of the three to the smallest), but will only fetch about 80% of that in Lorlynia (400, 320, or 240 GP).

The 4 fine giantish rugs are valued at 90 GP, 100 GP, 50 GP, and 50 GP in value, but again, will fetch less in Lorlynia than in a human country (70, 75, 35, and 35 GP in Lorlynia). The 2 Large ceremonial daggers of silver and gold are inscribed with Infernal runes, reducing their value among civilized folk, but can be sold for 30 GP each (to Gil, who'll work on them later to remove the runes). The Large gold and silver comb is appraised at 100 GP, but will only fetch 50 in Lorlynia since it's too big for human or elven use. The Large ivory comb studded with rubies is valued at 2,300 GP but is only worth 1,700 among non-giants. The pair of gold and silver bracers studded with bloodstones is appraised at 900 GP and, fortunately, will fetch full value in Barbeni at least, since it's sized for Medium humanoids instead of giants.

The 12 Large Greataxes fetch about 120 GP total, only for use as scrap to melt down and forge new weapons. Likewise with the 12 Large Chain Shirts, which fetch 600 GP total as components for making new armor for regular-sized folks. The 2 doses of Bloodroot Poison cannot be sold, at least not without finding an assassin's guild or smuggling ring to sell it to, and that would almost certainly require traveling to a major city in another country. Until you decide what to do with all these mundane items and funds (i.e. where to sell what), I won't factor them into your current spending money/trade goods.

Falarn will offer about 240,000 GP in trade value for the magic items. Divided between the six of you who are getting shares (Szitha, Szenthrass, Fahlias, Kralic, Fleck, and Seebo), that's 40,000 GP each in magic items from Falarn's shop, before adding in whatever money or other valuables your PCs might spend in addition to the trade.

Falarn is limited to what items he has in the shop. Although he creates a decent variety of items and trades for different ones, his stock is still limited to a few dozen scrolls, a few dozen potions, a few dozen cheap baubles (Feather Tokens, Everburning Torches, Gray Bags of Tricks, Dusts of Illusion, Silversheen, Universal Solvent, Stones of Alarm, Boots and Cloaks of Elvenkind, etc.), and a few dozen miscellaneous items. Generally speaking, you can find most magic items of 1,000 GP value or less from the core rules in Falarn's shop (excluding cursed items, intelligent items, and many divine magic items). As well as a decent variety of items up to 3,000 GP in value (such as various +1 weapons, or various magic arrows, bolts, and bullets), and a small variety of more expensive items, such as mentioned below.

Important note: The only items Falarn has duplicates of are some cheap ones (3,000 gp or less, and even then not many). So if one of you buys an item from his inventory that's worth more than that, the rest of the group can't expect to buy copies for themselves. Magic items are expensive and time-consuming to produce, as well as draining on Falarn's essence (XPs), so he rarely crafts any that aren't rather cheap (the only reason he has so many is that he's an elf so he's been trading and creating them on occasion for the past several decades).

Regarding Szitha's little 'shopping list' last session, Falarn does have a Rod of Metamagic (Extend Spell, up to 6th-level spells) available, a Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1st-level caster) for sale, a Deep Red Sphere Ioun Stone, a Ring of Evasion, and a Cloak of Resistance +4. Falarn doesn't have any +5 Cloaks of Resistance (he's not high-enough level to craft ones of that power himself and hasn't traded for any from 15th-level casters).

Falarn's shop also has a Belt of Giant Strength +6, a Monk's Belt, a Ring of Counterspells, an Amulet of Health +4, an Amulet of Health +6, Gloves of Dexterity +4, a Headband of Intellect +4, a Cloak of Charisma +2, a Periapt of Wisdom +2, Bracers of Armor +2, Bracers of Armor +5, a Clear Spindle Ioun Stone, a Pink Rhomboid Ioun Stone, a Stone Salve, a Pearl of Power (3rd-level), Slippers of Spider Climbing, Boots of Striding and Springing, Winged Boots, a Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic, Greater Bracers of Archery, an Amulet of Natural Armor +2, a Circlet of Persuasion, a Glove of Storing, Pipes of Haunting, Pipes of Sounding, a Blessed Book, a Rod of Metal and Mineral Detection, a Rod of Flame Extinquishing, a Shocking Burst Shortspear +3 of Returning, a Keen Silver Sickle +3, a Silvered Holy Lance +3, a Flaming Burst Composite (+4) Longbow +4, a Frost Shortbow +2, a Flame Tongue, a Dagger of Venom, a Luckblade (Wishes already expended by the previous owner as its plaque notes), a Rapier of Puncturing, a Sword of Subtlety, a Keen Anarchic Short Sword +1 of Wounding, a Spined Shield, a suit of Glamered Elven (Mithral) Chainmail +3 of Fire Resistance, a suit of Wild Leather Armor +2 of Greater Fire Resistance, a suit of Glamered Studded Leather Armor +3 of Ghost Touch, and a Slick Mithral Chain Shirt +4 of Shadow and Silent Moves.

There are a few other expensive items about, including a few simple magic weapons/armors/shields (ones with just an enhancement bonus of up to +4). But the above list is nearly all of Falarn's expensive goods, besides some wands, scrolls, and potions (he has a few expensive items of those sorts, such as Wand of Dispel Magic and a Wand of Fly).

Let me know what you wanna buy/trade for, and I'll let ya know if he has it or how many he has if you're trying to buy multiples of a 'cheap' item.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, so with that info, I've got a finished loot divvy. I've left out the platinum rings, powdered gold and powdered silver, in case anyone wants them. If they aren't taken, they'll add a pittance compared to the rest (total value on them is 425, divided by 6 is just over 70 GP...).

The gems, art objects and mundane items (not counting the poison) together, since I assume we'll just sell them here, give Fleck, Fahlias, Kralic, Szitha, Szenthrass and Seebo 41,658 GP, 2 SP and 5 CP.

So, with Falarn's offer, we can each manage up to 80,000. :)

I'll post later with what Fahlias wants to buy. He'll also trade in some older, weaker magic items... (Belt of Giant Strength +4, Amulet of Health +2, I figure.)

Arkhandus

First Post
Depends on the items and how easily he'd think he could sell them, or how much he thinks he could sell them for. Falarn intends to make a profit, even if he does give the group a good deal. For most items you can probably expect at least half value, but don't expect to get full value for a trade-in. Supply and demand and all that; you're the ones with demand for new or better items, while he's just got a business to run and taxes to pay.

Crazy-San

First Post
Well Kralic would like to trade in his +3 Mithral chain shirt, his boots and cloak of elvenkind, and his Keen shortsword +2 and however much gold is needed to cover the rest for Gloves of Dexterity +4, Sword of Subtelty, and the Slick Mithral Chain Shirt +4 of Shadow and Silent Moves. I can figure out exact prices tomorrow if he is giving half price on trade in, or you can do it if you want...too tired tonight

Arkhandus

First Post
Well Kralic would like to trade in his +3 Mithral chain shirt, his boots and cloak of elvenkind, and his Keen shortsword +2 and however much gold is needed to cover the rest for Gloves of Dexterity +4, Sword of Subtelty, and the Slick Mithral Chain Shirt +4 of Shadow and Silent Moves. I can figure out exact prices tomorrow if he is giving half price on trade in, or you can do it if you want...too tired tonight

The Sword of Subtlety is 22,310 GP, the Gloves are 16,000 GP, and the Chain Shirt is 28,500 GP. So that's 68,810 GP to trade for.... Your share of the magic item giant-loot covers 40,000 GP of that cost, leaving 28,810 GP to cover.....calculating the values of your proporsed trade items, Falarn will accept Kralic's boots, cloak, shirt, and sword in trade for the remainder of that value. However, if you want to keep the +2 Keen Short Sword, you can just pay him 16,000 GP in place of it, out of the 40,800 GP you get in gems and coinage from the giant-loot-divvy.

Also, for reference, if Kralic wants Falarn to improve the enhancement of the Sword of Subtlety, it'll cost the normal amount for the difference between enhancements (as a +1 short sword, it'd cost 6,000 GP to have Falarn bump it up to +2, and another 10,000 GP to have him bump it up to +3, etc.). Just remember that it takes 1 day per 1,000 GP to make the upgrades. Falarn can enhance a weapon, armor, or shield up to +4.

For reference, folks, 40,800 GP weighs 816 pounds. Also, the gems from the giants' lair total 32,000 GP in value and only weigh 2.06 pounds, so whoever's planning on keeping their share of valuables for later will probably want to take the gems along with 8,800 GP of the actual coinage (176 pounds), a total of 178.06 pounds. Depends on what kind of portable extradimensional space ya got and how much space/weight it can hold.

Dragonwriter, did you sell the svirfneblin spellbooks as part of the loot? I don't think you did, but for reference, Fleck would be keeping those as part of his share and probably to bring back to his guild later.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases